All of a sudden all pictures load awful slow

I'm using Win XP Home, I have a P4 w/512mb ram and all of a sudden any
picture loads real slow. I mean pictures on websites or attachments. I have
not added any strange software as far as I know. I always update on time,
defrag, clean the temp files compact and things like that. Is there anything
that I can do/check to get back into loading pictures faster. ?
4 answers Last reply
More about sudden pictures load awful slow

    I forgot to mention, I do use Zone Alarm, and I have to disable it many
    times to download programs and files. I actually like to get rid of it, but
    I'm scared to do it. I think it slows me down as well.........Peter

    "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message
    > I'm using Win XP Home, I have a P4 w/512mb ram and all of a sudden any
    > picture loads real slow. I mean pictures on websites or attachments. I
    have
    > not added any strange software as far as I know. I always update on time,
    > defrag, clean the temp files compact and things like that. Is there
    anything
    > that I can do/check to get back into loading pictures faster. ?

    PeterM, I have the same system, and everything loads slowly on the internet. When I select a URL, I often get the message "The document contains no data", several times before I can connect to the site. At other times I get a "times out" message. This never happened with Win98SE. Can we find out why this is so? I got the "The document contains no data" message when I tried to send this reply.

    We'll get to the bottom of this disturbing problem. I'm motivated now. I'll
    keep on checking and of course I will keep you posted, if I find the cause
    via another avenue. However, this NG here is very special, lots of very
    bright people to help. I thank all the wonderful readers and MVP's in
    advance...............Peter

    "Peter7" <joybel(remove this)@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
    > PeterM, I have the same system, and everything loads slowly on the
    internet. When I select a URL, I often get the message "The document
    contains no data", several times before I can connect to the site. At other
    times I get a "times out" message. This never happened with Win98SE. Can we
    find out why this is so? I got the "The document contains no data" message
    when I tried to send this reply.

    I'm the original poster here, I also better mention that I upgraded to a MS
    wireless keyboard and mouse. I hope that this is not causing the trouble. Of
    course I gave away the original keyboard and mouse to my grandson. I can't
    reverse things and check out if that caused the slow down. Thanks
    again.............

    > We'll get to the bottom of this disturbing problem. I'm motivated now.
    I'll
    > keep on checking and of course I will keep you posted, if I find the cause
    > via another avenue. However, this NG here is very special, lots of very
    > bright people to help. I thank all the wonderful readers and MVP's in
    > advance...............Peter
    >
    > "Peter7" <joybel(remove this)@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
    > > PeterM, I have the same system, and everything loads slowly on the
    > internet. When I select a URL, I often get the message "The document
    > contains no data", several times before I can connect to the site. At
    other
    > times I get a "times out" message. This never happened with Win98SE. Can
    we
    > find out why this is so? I got the "The document contains no data" message
    > when I tried to send this reply.

Microsoft Windows XP