First day of Week issue

I laptop used by one of our Russian users that shows Monday rather than
Sunday as the first day of the week. Regionla settings are US English. Any
ideas where to look?

Windows XP, SP2.

Thanks in advance.

--
Bill Ross
Denver, CO

    Bill Ross wrote:
    > I laptop used by one of our Russian users that shows Monday rather than
    > Sunday as the first day of the week. Regionla settings are US English. Any
    > ideas where to look?
    >
    > Windows XP, SP2.

    In what application or where does it show Monday as the first day of the
    week?
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    MS-MVP Windows

    "Bill Ross" <BillRoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I laptop used by one of our Russian users that shows Monday rather
    > than Sunday as the first day of the week.

    In what application?

    Sorry. It shows in the Clock, MS Outlook and in an MS Access application
    using the Calendar. Essentially, all calendars are affected.

    Thanks,
    --
    Bill Ross
    Denver, CO

    > Sorry. It shows in the Clock,

    Eh? What "clock"? The standard clock in the systray (if that is what you are
    refering to doesn't have a calendar function)

    >MS Outlook

    Tools-Options-Calendar Options and change the first day of the week.

    > and in an MS Access
    > application using the Calendar.

    I suspect that will be cured by the above

    Essentially, all calendars are
    > affected.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    >> "Bill Ross" <BillRoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> I laptop used by one of our Russian users that shows Monday rather
    >>> than Sunday as the first day of the week.
    >>
    >> In what application?

    Hi Gordon,

    Yes, I am referring to the clock on the system tray. If you double click on
    it it shows a calendar (used to set the date) which starts on Monday rather
    than Sunday.

    --
    Bill Ross
    Denver, CO

    "Gordon" wrote:

    > "Bill Ross" <BillRoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Sorry. It shows in the Clock,
    >
    > Eh? What "clock"? The standard clock in the systray (if that is what you are
    > refering to doesn't have a calendar function)
    >
    > >MS Outlook
    >
    > Tools-Options-Calendar Options and change the first day of the week.
    >
    > > and in an MS Access
    > > application using the Calendar.
    >
    > I suspect that will be cured by the above
    >
    > Essentially, all calendars are
    > > affected.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > >> "Bill Ross" <BillRoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> In what application?

    Hi Gordon - part 2.

    FYI-I tried on my computer and changed Outlook but that did not change the
    calendar anywhere else.

    Thanks,
    --
    Bill Ross
    Denver, CO

    Bill Ross wrote:
    > Hi Gordon,
    >
    > Yes, I am referring to the clock on the system tray. If you double click on
    > it it shows a calendar (used to set the date) which starts on Monday rather
    > than Sunday.

    This is locale specific and may have been changed based on where he said
    he is located. The value is stored in the registry at
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International. With that key selected
    you will see an iFirstDayOfWeek entry in the right pane. Have him
    change the value there from 0 to 6.
    --

    > Hi Gordon,
    >
    > Yes, I am referring to the clock on the system tray. If you double
    > click on it it shows a calendar (used to set the date) which starts
    > on Monday rather than Sunday.

    Don't think you can change that......
  9. Gordon, I'm having an issue with Outlook Calendar. I have selected Sunday as the first day of the week under Tools-Options-Calendar, but it prints the calendar starting with Monday. If I choose any other day of the week, it will start with the day that I selected, but not if I choose Sunday. Any ideas?? It's driving me crazy! :)

    Misha

    Gordon said:

    "Bill Ross" <BillRoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Sorry. It shows in the Clock,

    Eh? What "clock"? The standard clock in the systray (if that is what you are
    refering to doesn't have a calendar function)

    >MS Outlook

    Tools-Options-Calendar Options and change the first day of the week.

    > and in an MS Access
    > application using the Calendar.

    I suspect that will be cured by the above

    Essentially, all calendars are
    > affected.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    >> "Bill Ross" <BillRoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> I laptop used by one of our Russian users that shows Monday rather
    >>> than Sunday as the first day of the week.
    >>
    >> In what application?

Laptops Microsoft Windows XP