Share
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
9 August 2005 16:43:01

I laptop used by one of our Russian users that shows Monday rather than
Sunday as the first day of the week. Regionla settings are US English. Any
ideas where to look?

Windows XP, SP2.

Thanks in advance.

--
Bill Ross
Denver, CO

More about : day week issue

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
9 August 2005 19:49:13

Bill Ross wrote:
> I laptop used by one of our Russian users that shows Monday rather than
> Sunday as the first day of the week. Regionla settings are US English. Any
> ideas where to look?
>
> Windows XP, SP2.

In what application or where does it show Monday as the first day of the
week?
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

10 August 2005 00:49:15

"Bill Ross" <BillRoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D A39472A-423D-41CC-8186-137C20EED8F1@microsoft.com
> I laptop used by one of our Russian users that shows Monday rather
> than Sunday as the first day of the week.

In what application?
Related resources
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
10 August 2005 00:49:16

Sorry. It shows in the Clock, MS Outlook and in an MS Access application
using the Calendar. Essentially, all calendars are affected.

Thanks,
--
Bill Ross
Denver, CO

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Bill Ross" <BillRoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D A39472A-423D-41CC-8186-137C20EED8F1@microsoft.com
> > I laptop used by one of our Russian users that shows Monday rather
> > than Sunday as the first day of the week.
>
> In what application?

10 August 2005 01:59:43

> Sorry. It shows in the Clock,

Eh? What "clock"? The standard clock in the systray (if that is what you are
refering to doesn't have a calendar function)

>MS Outlook

Tools-Options-Calendar Options and change the first day of the week.

> and in an MS Access
> application using the Calendar.

I suspect that will be cured by the above

Essentially, all calendars are
> affected.
>
> Thanks,
>
>> "Bill Ross" <BillRoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:D A39472A-423D-41CC-8186-137C20EED8F1@microsoft.com
>>> I laptop used by one of our Russian users that shows Monday rather
>>> than Sunday as the first day of the week.
>>
>> In what application?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
10 August 2005 01:59:44

Hi Gordon,

Yes, I am referring to the clock on the system tray. If you double click on
it it shows a calendar (used to set the date) which starts on Monday rather
than Sunday.

--
Bill Ross
Denver, CO

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Bill Ross" <BillRoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry. It shows in the Clock,
>
> Eh? What "clock"? The standard clock in the systray (if that is what you are
> refering to doesn't have a calendar function)
>
> >MS Outlook
>
> Tools-Options-Calendar Options and change the first day of the week.
>
> > and in an MS Access
> > application using the Calendar.
>
> I suspect that will be cured by the above
>
> Essentially, all calendars are
> > affected.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> >> "Bill Ross" <BillRoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:D A39472A-423D-41CC-8186-137C20EED8F1@microsoft.com
> >>
> >> In what application?

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
10 August 2005 01:59:44

Hi Gordon - part 2.

FYI-I tried on my computer and changed Outlook but that did not change the
calendar anywhere else.

Thanks,
--
Bill Ross
Denver, CO

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Bill Ross" <BillRoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry. It shows in the Clock,
>
> Eh? What "clock"? The standard clock in the systray (if that is what you are
> refering to doesn't have a calendar function)
>
> >MS Outlook
>
> Tools-Options-Calendar Options and change the first day of the week.
>
> > and in an MS Access
> > application using the Calendar.
>
> I suspect that will be cured by the above
>
> Essentially, all calendars are
> > affected.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> >> "Bill Ross" <BillRoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:D A39472A-423D-41CC-8186-137C20EED8F1@microsoft.com
> >>
> >> In what application?

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
10 August 2005 01:59:45

Bill Ross wrote:
> Hi Gordon,
>
> Yes, I am referring to the clock on the system tray. If you double click on
> it it shows a calendar (used to set the date) which starts on Monday rather
> than Sunday.

This is locale specific and may have been changed based on where he said
he is located. The value is stored in the registry at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International. With that key selected
you will see an iFirstDayOfWeek entry in the right pane. Have him
change the value there from 0 to 6.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

10 August 2005 02:13:55

> Hi Gordon,
>
> Yes, I am referring to the clock on the system tray. If you double
> click on it it shows a calendar (used to set the date) which starts
> on Monday rather than Sunday.

Don't think you can change that......
23 April 2009 03:20:51

Gordon, I'm having an issue with Outlook Calendar. I have selected Sunday as the first day of the week under Tools-Options-Calendar, but it prints the calendar starting with Monday. If I choose any other day of the week, it will start with the day that I selected, but not if I choose Sunday. Any ideas?? It's driving me crazy! :)

Misha

Gordon said:

"Bill Ross" <BillRoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry. It shows in the Clock,

Eh? What "clock"? The standard clock in the systray (if that is what you are
refering to doesn't have a calendar function)

>MS Outlook

Tools-Options-Calendar Options and change the first day of the week.

> and in an MS Access
> application using the Calendar.

I suspect that will be cured by the above

Essentially, all calendars are
> affected.
>
> Thanks,
>
>> "Bill Ross" <BillRoss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:D A39472A-423D-41CC-8186-137C20EED8F1@microsoft.com
>>> I laptop used by one of our Russian users that shows Monday rather
>>> than Sunday as the first day of the week.
>>
>> In what application?

noticed