Solved Closed

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
60 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about application unable start correctly 0xc000007b
  1. Click OK.
  2. When I click OK, it does not work.
  3. Click it harder.


    Alternatively, you could google 0xc000007b

    One recommended solution is to reinstall Visual C
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
  4. @pdxalex Hilarious.

    What is the application you are trying to start?
    Are you a local administrator?
    Is it on a 64-bit machine?
    Is it a 64-bit application?

    What does the Windows event log say (probably just the error message, but may have other details)? Win+r -> eventvwr -> enter -> Application/System are the most useful ones.
  5. sawkhtoo said:
    The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.


    Try with this guide if you speak Italian:
    http://trevisoassistenza.it/guide/17-impossibile-avviare-correttamente-l-applicazione-0xc000007b.html

    Bye
  6. sawkhtoo said:
    The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
  7. This error message may occur on 64 bit operating systems when the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not properly configured.

    1. Replace these files. mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100_clr0400.dll

    They can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

    Please save these files to any location on your PC;

    2. Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode
    [How to restart in SAFE MODE]
    - Restart the computer;
    - Press the "F8" key (several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;
    - Select "SAFE MODE";
    Note: for Windows 8, you can hold the Shift key while going to Power Off and clicking on Restart option
    3. Access C:\Windows\System32;
    4. Locate the 5 files you have downloaded and extracted;
    5. Next, copy all those files to C:\Windows\System32 replacing the current ones;
    6. Reboot in normal mode
  8. to up this thread... I have an acer aspire V3-471G and it worked fine with all games so far but on World of tanks. i got this error (0xc000007b) :( Ive tried everything i could find on Google so far. 48 hours later I tried a clean install with windows 8.1 in the laptop (world of tankes worked again )and and threw my windows 7 pro 64 bit away in the end when i found out it worked perfectly. The same windows7 64 bit innstalation worked fine on my desktop computer With the World of tanks. Dont know if using the same instalation on 2 computer was the problem :O any way get windows 8.1 and problem solved. was no problems with the HDD like many people also been saying :o.
  9. sawkhtoo said:
    The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
  10. your "amtlib.dll" file is having some trouble.....or you are running 64 bit software in 32 bit OS........try to replace that dll file with another one.
  11. My specs are athlon 11 3.0gig quad core,windows7 home prem 64 bit,nvidia gforce gtx650ti with 2 gig ram and 8 gig ram mem
    i had this problem for 6 weeks after i had to reinstall windows on my drive.
    i went through hell trying to fix dll problems and after downloading all these programs that were supposed to work that didnt.
    i spoke to 24/7 techies and they spent 11 hours trying to fix the problem and after spending over $150.00 i was back where i started.
    the only way this problem can be fixed is to do a complete re install of windows.MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL ALL OF YOUR MOTHERBOARD DRIVERS . I did this yesterday and every game that didnt work now works no more bloody 0xc000007b my machine is fine
    sootex
  12. sawkhtoo said:
    The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
  13. One hell of a problem this is..i tried every solution I found online..but none of them work..only thing that worked for me was to refresh my win8.1..right after that i m able to play all d games including ac4 black flag...
  14. computerguyy said:
    This error message may occur on 64 bit operating systems when the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not properly configured.

    1. Replace these files. mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100_clr0400.dll

    They can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

    Please save these files to any location on your PC;

    2. Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode
    [How to restart in SAFE MODE]
    - Restart the computer;
    - Press the "F8" key (several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;
    - Select "SAFE MODE";
    Note: for Windows 8, you can hold the Shift key while going to Power Off and clicking on Restart option
    3. Access C:\Windows\System32;
    4. Locate the 5 files you have downloaded and extracted;
    5. Next, copy all those files to C:\Windows\System32 replacing the current ones;
    6. Reboot in normal mode


    How can I get these 5 files from the installer provided by your link? I need them files in like compressed rar so I can drag and drop it on C:\Windows\System32 on safe mode
  15. I'm suffering from same problem anyone got the solution plz??
  16. I also tried every single thing and it's killing my mind..I've tryed literally everything including reinsatlling all windows version..(Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1)
    both 32 and 64 bit and NOTHING WORKED.
    I also reinstalled DirectX and NET Framework..Same thing happened.. 0xc000007b..I figured out I can only play games that don't include DirectX or NET Framework..The games that include DirectX and NET Framework won't work.

    My Computer specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz 2.94 GHz
    RAM: 4,00 GB
    64-bit OS (Windows 7 Ultimate)
    Graphics card: GPU Engine Specs

    CUDA Cores 192
    Graphics Clock (MHz) 576 MHz
    Processor Clock (MHz) 1242 MHz
    Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) @ 36.9

    Memory Specs:
    Memory Clock (MHz) 999
    Standard Memory Config 1796 MB
    Memory Interface Width 448-bit
    Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 111.9

    Feature Support:
    NVIDIA SLI®-ready* 2-way/3-Way
    NVIDIA 3D Vision Ready
    NVIDIA PureVideo® Technology** HD
    NVIDIA PhysX™-ready
    NVIDIA CUDA™ Technology
    HybridPower™ Technology

    GeForce Boost
    Microsoft DirectX 10
    OpenGL 2.1
    Certified for Windows 7
    Display Support:
    Maximum Digital Resolution 2560x1600
    Maximum VGA Resolution 2048x1536
    Standard Display Connectors Dual Link DVI
    HDTV
    Multi Monitor
    HDCP
    HDMI Via adapter
    Audio Input for HDMI SPDIF
    Standard Graphics Card Dimensions:
    Height 4.376 inches (111 mm)
    Length 10.5 inches (267 mm)
    Width Dual-slot
    Thermal and Power Specs:
    Maximum GPU Temperature (in C) 105 C
    Maximum Graphics Card Power (W) 182 W
    Minimum Recommended System Power (W) 500 W
  17. Please let's combine our knowledge and found out what's going on and how to fix this
  18. pdxalex said:
    Click it harder.


    Alternatively, you could google 0xc000007b

    One recommended solution is to reinstall Visual C
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555


    You could also shut up or provide us with some information ;)
  19. chakubanga said:
    RenzoYanEh said:
    computerguyy said:
    This error message may occur on 64 bit operating systems when the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not properly configured.

    1. Replace these files. mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100_clr0400.dll

    They can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

    Please save these files to any location on your PC;

    2. Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode
    [How to restart in SAFE MODE]
    - Restart the computer;
    - Press the "F8" key (several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;
    - Select "SAFE MODE";
    Note: for Windows 8, you can hold the Shift key while going to Power Off and clicking on Restart option
    3. Access C:\Windows\System32;
    4. Locate the 5 files you have downloaded and extracted;
    5. Next, copy all those files to C:\Windows\System32 replacing the current ones;
    6. Reboot in normal mode


    How can I get these 5 files from the installer provided by your link? I need them files in like compressed rar so I can drag and drop it on C:\Windows\System32 on safe mode


    have you been answered? These people who want to help and yet can't help should find another hobby called Jerking Off! The 5 files you downloaded??? What 5 files??


    The link you posted is a link to the Microsoft Visual C++ package NOT the 5 seperate files you are talking about.
    If you install it you just get an option to repair C++ which does nothing to help the 000007b problem.
  20. Jozzer said:
    chakubanga said:
    RenzoYanEh said:
    computerguyy said:
    This error message may occur on 64 bit operating systems when the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not properly configured.

    1. Replace these files. mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100_clr0400.dll

    They can be found at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

    Please save these files to any location on your PC;

    2. Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode
    [How to restart in SAFE MODE]
    - Restart the computer;
    - Press the "F8" key (several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;
    - Select "SAFE MODE";
    Note: for Windows 8, you can hold the Shift key while going to Power Off and clicking on Restart option
    3. Access C:\Windows\System32;
    4. Locate the 5 files you have downloaded and extracted;
    5. Next, copy all those files to C:\Windows\System32 replacing the current ones;
    6. Reboot in normal mode


    How can I get these 5 files from the installer provided by your link? I need them files in like compressed rar so I can drag and drop it on C:\Windows\System32 on safe mode


    have you been answered? These people who want to help and yet can't help should find another hobby called Jerking Off! The 5 files you downloaded??? What 5 files??


    The link you posted is a link to the Microsoft Visual C++ package NOT the 5 seperate files you are talking about.
    If you install it you just get an option to repair C++ which does nothing to help the 000007b problem.



    I agree ..also that doesnt work in any way for that error
  21. another option that was mentioned was open "cmd" as administrator, type "chkdsk C: /R". this does and an environmental repair. it worked for one guy, so i am trying it. ill let you know
  22. that shit doesnt mork..i'm sorry..I've tryed it u know and that's like everything else you can't solve it..not with cmd ya know :/
  23. FIXED!!! i tried everything i could find on google, spent a total of 8 hours trying to fix this issue. ive tried everything in the book (that an amateur pc guy could) im no expert but i can dig into the system.

    the thing that fixed it for me was upgrading to windows 8.1!
  24. I think The problem is about Drive partitions..like when u have a C drive partitioned with another disk and when u format C drive to re-install windows it kind off just doesn't copy files from the game in setup to the direcotry where dl files are stored (syswow64, system32...)
  25. Best answer
    Cause:

    The cause of this problem is because of the “msvcp110.dll” file located at C:\Windows\SysWOW64 . This file is used by several applications to run, but each have their own version of the file with the same name. So in order run that application, you might replace it with a different msvcp110.dll file which we normally get at http://www.dll-files.com/

    So application might not work the next time you try to start it with the below error.

    Solution:

    Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 location and delete the “msvcp110.dll” file. Now try to start the Application and the program will generate a new “msvcp110.dll” file used by the application and you should be able to get the application working fine 

    Hope this helps!!
  26. Thnx Hiremath..I tryed the above yet nothing happend, I got the same error and I would likeyou to keep posting your possible solutions for the error we're talking about :)
  27. First of all click start and type in run than hit enter on your keyboard.
    Type in “msconfig” in the run dialog box
    The system configuration box should pop up, now click the services tab and click enable all in the lower right coner
    Source: http://www.solveinweb.com/solved-the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc000007b-click-ok-to-close-the-application/
  28. sawkhtoo said:
    The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.


    Right click, properties, run as win xp SP2. and it works. Badly coded program thats all.
  29. Hey, the same error ocured when I tried to play BF:Bad Company 2 after long time. Did you find any working solutions after all? :)
  30. Sagar Hiremath said:
    Cause:

    The cause of this problem is because of the “msvcp110.dll” file located at C:\Windows\SysWOW64 . This file is used by several applications to run, but each have their own version of the file with the same name. So in order run that application, you might replace it with a different msvcp110.dll file which we normally get at http://www.dll-files.com/

    So application might not work the next time you try to start it with the below error.

    Solution:

    Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 location and delete the “msvcp110.dll” file. Now try to start the Application and the program will generate a new “msvcp110.dll” file used by the application and you should be able to get the application working fine 

    Hope this helps!!


    Thank you very much!!
    This worked perfectly. I deleted the "msvcp110.dll" reinstalled the software and it didn't work. However, when I donwloaded the .dll from the website you menctioned, it did. Thank you very much!!
  31. you can simply download dll fixer, scan, and then on the "install dll files" tab search msvcr100 and install all the files that return
  32. eldimo3 said:
    Sagar Hiremath said:
    Cause:

    The cause of this problem is because of the “msvcp110.dll” file located at C:\Windows\SysWOW64 . This file is used by several applications to run, but each have their own version of the file with the same name. So in order run that application, you might replace it with a different msvcp110.dll file which we normally get at http://www.dll-files.com/

    So application might not work the next time you try to start it with the below error.

    Solution:

    Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 location and delete the “msvcp110.dll” file. Now try to start the Application and the program will generate a new “msvcp110.dll” file used by the application and you should be able to get the application working fine 

    Hope this helps!!


    Thank you very much!!
    This worked perfectly. I deleted the "msvcp110.dll" reinstalled the software and it didn't work. However, when I donwloaded the .dll from the website you menctioned, it did. Thank you very much!!


    Same here!! OMG I'm so happy... was trying to fiz for more than 7 hours... omg so happy.. so many videos, so many tips, SOOO MANY TESTS....

    What I did was: erased this dll from my system32 folder (I have 3 of them XD) downloaded this dll from the net and placed on the folder. :D thank you very much... if I got this problem again (because I deleted the other dll of this type, I now know what to do!)
  33. hello I sachin I tried every formula even which you said but there is a problem how to start safe mod in win 8.1 and how to reboot in safe mode
  34. Download the following dlls from bitdefender:

    http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/dlls.zip

    put these files in the following folder:

    C:\windows\System32\

    Launch game
  35. What I did was, I had the wrong .net version, I had 3.4 and most apps today run on 4.0

    So upgrade it!
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=17718
    ^^^^ link
    No other sollution worked for me, until I upgraded my microsoft .net to 4.0!
  36. I want It for GTA San Andreas MP please someone help I try now Microsoft.Net If it works I will say the answer!!
  37. Yes guys! I finally found a solution myself! Here is how i did it:
    First I Downloaded Dependency Walker: http://www.dependencywalker.com/
    I opened the programm, in my case it was Pro Evolution Soccer 2015, and looked at the file with an red icon on the left. If you open a 64Bit-programm with the 32-Bit Version of dependency walker, probably every single one of the icons will be red :D So open 32Bit applications with the 32Bit Version of DW. Look up which of the dll-files is red, download it from http://www.dll-files.com/ and copy the File in c:\Windows\System32 , and if u use a 64Bit OS also in c:\Windows\SysWOW64. Everytime you replaced a file, restart DW and check if the icon of the file is white, otherwise, replace it again! Hope this helps you guys as much as it helped me!
  38. http://imgur.com/1yyvKhv

    hey miki what is my problem??
  39. hey, you used the 64Bit version of dependency Walker, download the 32 Bit version and open the Pes15.exe with this version!
  40. Miki91 said:
    hey, you used the 64Bit version of dependency Walker, download the 32 Bit version and open the Pes15.exe with this version!


    thank you broooooo i am very happy :)
  41. sawkhtoo said:
    The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
  42. Miki91 said:
    Yes guys! I finally found a solution myself! Here is how i did it:
    First I Downloaded Dependency Walker: http://www.dependencywalker.com/
    I opened the programm, in my case it was Pro Evolution Soccer 2015, and looked at the file with an red icon on the left. If you open a 64Bit-programm with the 32-Bit Version of dependency walker, probably every single one of the icons will be red :D So open 32Bit applications with the 32Bit Version of DW. Look up which of the dll-files is red, download it from http://www.dll-files.com/ and copy the File in c:\Windows\System32 , and if u use a 64Bit OS also in c:\Windows\SysWOW64. Everytime you replaced a file, restart DW and check if the icon of the file is white, otherwise, replace it again! Hope this helps you guys as much as it helped me!


    hey miki, i cant overwrite the new dll file.
    i cannot delete msvcp110.dll file either..
  43. The solution of Miki91 it's works! Thank you so much

    I downloaded the DLL's in YELLOW (version 2.2) and it's works =)
  44. Miki91 said:
    Yes guys! I finally found a solution myself! Here is how i did it:
    First I Downloaded Dependency Walker: http://www.dependencywalker.com/
    I opened the programm, in my case it was Pro Evolution Soccer 2015, and looked at the file with an red icon on the left. If you open a 64Bit-programm with the 32-Bit Version of dependency walker, probably every single one of the icons will be red :D So open 32Bit applications with the 32Bit Version of DW. Look up which of the dll-files is red, download it from http://www.dll-files.com/ and copy the File in c:\Windows\System32 , and if u use a 64Bit OS also in c:\Windows\SysWOW64. Everytime you replaced a file, restart DW and check if the icon of the file is white, otherwise, replace it again! Hope this helps you guys as much as it helped me!



    This man is a MOTHER F**KING LEGEND!!
    All you have to do is get the DEPENDENCY WALKER file and open the application up with that program. (for example if you dont know where it is make a shortcut from the icon on the desktop then open the non working program with DEPENDENCY WALKER). then it will give you a list of files that are missing or not opening up and just download those .DLL files from the link above and it is done!!
  45. I was having this issue with various applications (IE, Outlook, Lync, Chrome, Notepad, etc).

    My solution was to let Microsoft re-install/repair itself so I I choose my MS Office installation to use it's repair feature:
    Control Panel
    Programs
    Programs and Features
    Select Microsoft Office.
    Select Change
    Select Repair.
    Reboot when requested.

    This has solved my issues.
  46. sawkhtoo said:
    The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
  47. Removing msvcp110.dll from C:\Windows\SysWOW64 seems to have done the trick for me.

    Thank you Sagar Hiremath.


    Sagar Hiremath said:
    Cause:

    The cause of this problem is because of the “msvcp110.dll” file located at C:\Windows\SysWOW64 . This file is used by several applications to run, but each have their own version of the file with the same name. So in order run that application, you might replace it with a different msvcp110.dll file which we normally get at http://www.dll-files.com/

    So application might not work the next time you try to start it with the below error.

    Solution:

    Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 location and delete the “msvcp110.dll” file. Now try to start the Application and the program will generate a new “msvcp110.dll” file used by the application and you should be able to get the application working fine 

    Hope this helps!!
  48. Guys I just fixed the issue so easily. Just try this-
    Download and install Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable. This Worked for me, it might work for you!

    Go to this link - https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/confirmation.aspx?id=5555

    Hope this works for you ppl!
  49. I just used DLL Files Fixer and it has a section on it to download the file that is corrupted and it replaces it for you without going to any WINDOWS folders here is the link: http://www.dll-files.com/fixer/ I am not a spammer several guys recommended it it thought it was trash but after tinkering with it it got the job done. Good luck!
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7