Closed

UK's New Cookie Law Is in Effect (But Lots Aren't Complying)

UK websites must now ask visitors for permission to store cookies.

UK's New Cookie Law Is in Effect (But Lots Aren't Complying) : Read more
5 answers Last reply
More about cookie effect lots aren complying
  1. The big blue must have blinked and missed Tom's compliance statement or perhaps you guys are on the nearly there list.
  2. ICO is a joke and hasn't got the balls or the teeth to take on anybody but the smallest non-compliant outfit. Nobody has any excuse for not being compliant, they have had a year to get their house in order and the bullshit about "cookie audit takes a long time because of the sheer number" shouldn't be used or accepted by ICO as an excuse, but then again, they will just have a word with PM "Just Call Me Dave" Cameron and it will all go away.
  3. Quote:
    For some of the organisations we spoke to, this cookie audit takes a long time because of the sheer number of cookies that they use.

The audit takes too long because they have too many cookies?!?!?! Surely that is indicative of them doing something wrong in the first place!
  4. Big_Papa_SmurfThe big blue must have blinked and missed Tom's compliance statement or perhaps you guys are on the nearly there list.

Just what I was thinking, might have been a little smarter to not mention it ?
    On a + note, look !!!! Toms running an up to date news article that hasn't been covered by every other tech site last week !!!
  5. TH probably will never be compliant, unless their servers are located with the EU, which I doubt.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cookie