Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Need help build the first gaming pc

Last response: in Systems
Share
17 February 2013 16:18:56

I need help to build my first gaming pc, my old pc is a prebuilt with a q8200 quad cpu and a 9600GT but i dont know why its sucks because when i use it, the 9600 GT always have the nvidia power warning which i think it shouldnt have because u know, its a prebuild so the psu will be enough to feed the card right?(correct me if i wrong)
So lets go back to the main thing, i need ur help to build a gaming pc, and my budget is $670, which is not much but i hope i could get a gaming pc.

Part dont need to buy: Monitor(1024x1280, is dis 720p or 1080p?) keyboard, mouse, speaker, win7. And do u guys think i can use anything from my old pc to this new one?

Website preferred: I live in Viet Nam so is there any website can transfer the part i need to me?

overclocking: Maybe but only the cpu i guess

Crossfire or sli: No

Usage: Gaming

Viet Nam

I have already plan to get the i3 2120 and the sapphire 6870, is that a good idea?

More about : build gaming

a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
17 February 2013 16:40:13

The i3 and 6870 sound pretty good for a budget gaming build.

You'll definitely need to buy the parts locally.
m
0
l
17 February 2013 20:57:27

FinneousPJ said:
The i3 and 6870 sound pretty good for a budget gaming build.

You'll definitely need to buy the parts locally.

Thks for your rep, ill buy the parts local, but can you mention for me the other parts as well?
m
0
l
Related resources
17 February 2013 21:00:32

And for gussrtk, thks for ur answer too, the old pc is bought by my father so i just guess its a prebuilt cause i cant seem to overclock it in the bios.
Im on the phone now so ill send you a report of the old pc by everest in html; but pls just get right into the parts.
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
17 February 2013 22:26:15

dath19999 said:
Thks for your rep, ill buy the parts local, but can you mention for me the other parts as well?

I have no idea about your local prices and availability.
m
0
l
17 February 2013 22:28:31

you did a double post... so maybe you didnt see my other post .













ok here is a build. you will notice that it is well below your budget (i assume it was in usd currency). The thing is that the q8200 (cpu that you have) is really a good cpu. The cpu in the build below on average is about 30% better than what you have. The videocard is ALOT better than what you have (so you will find this build to play games nicely). The reason this build is under your stated budget, is because of where you live. I think the prices there are higher for same parts.


PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/E4PF
Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/E4PF/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/E4PF/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($97.99 @ NCIX)
CPU Cooler: Rosewill RCX-ZAIO-92 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($14.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($54.99 @ Canada Computers)
Memory: Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($40.50 @ Vuugo)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.00 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($176.42 @ DirectCanada)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($50.65 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($64.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $559.53
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-17 09:52 EST-0500)
m
0
l
18 February 2013 11:29:46

FinneousPJ said:
I have no idea about your local prices and availability.

no, thats not wat i mean. i need you to say the other parts to,o, not the local price, im definnetley go to do the price my sefl, just need u to say the parts left to make it a pc
m
0
l
18 February 2013 11:31:47

gussrtk said:
you did a double post... so maybe you didnt see my other post .













ok here is a build. you will notice that it is well below your budget (i assume it was in usd currency). The thing is that the q8200 (cpu that you have) is really a good cpu. The cpu in the build below on average is about 30% better than what you have. The videocard is ALOT better than what you have (so you will find this build to play games nicely). The reason this build is under your stated budget, is because of where you live. I think the prices there are higher for same parts.


PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/E4PF
Price breakdown by merchant: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/E4PF/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/E4PF/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($97.99 @ NCIX)
CPU Cooler: Rosewill RCX-ZAIO-92 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($14.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($54.99 @ Canada Computers)
Memory: Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($40.50 @ Vuugo)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.00 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($176.42 @ DirectCanada)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($50.65 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($64.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total: $559.53
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-17 09:52 EST-0500)

Can i replace the video card to raedon 6950 instead of 7850?
And is the amd cpu u mentioned a godd choice or i can take the i3 2120?
m
0
l
18 February 2013 11:40:55

sorry, made up my mind, ill get the 7850 as u suggested; and some one recomended me to get an extra bucks for the i5 2320, is that good?
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
18 February 2013 15:05:11

Seems fine to me.
m
0
l
18 February 2013 15:20:31

FinneousPJ said:
Seems fine to me.

Whats fine? the case or the the old pc?
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
18 February 2013 15:27:51

The case.
m
0
l
18 February 2013 16:16:34

the i3 will do a little better. The phenom is not a bad cpu, i put phenom+decent cooler so you can overclock (same some money on cpu and make it up by overclocking a bit)


but if you have the money to spend you can go for i3 - 3220
can get motherboard like this
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z77pro3




the 965 phenom has 4 physical cores which will run games that can use 4 cores better. i3 has 2 physical cores, and it comes with hyper threading which makes 2 more virtual cores, which will boost the performance of this cpu.

Although hyperthreading varies on games you use, in some cases it wont actually do much.
m
0
l
18 February 2013 17:04:12

gussrtk said:
the i3 will do a little better. The phenom is not a bad cpu, i put phenom+decent cooler so you can overclock (same some money on cpu and make it up by overclocking a bit)


but if you have the money to spend you can go for i3 - 3220
can get motherboard like this
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asrock-motherboard-z77pro3




the 965 phenom has 4 physical cores which will run games that can use 4 cores better. i3 has 2 physical cores, and it comes with hyper threading which makes 2 more virtual cores, which will boost the performance of this cpu.

Although hyperthreading varies on games you use, in some cases it wont actually do much.


I dont think i will overclock a pc so a i3 is my destination, thks for the answer.
So can i use the old case to build the new pc and reduce thhe price i need to spend, if i can do that what thing can i get from more 50 bucks?
m
0
l
18 February 2013 17:10:28

dath19999 said:
I dont think i will overclock a pc so a i3 is my destination, thks for the answer.
So can i use the old case to build the new pc and reduce thhe price i need to spend, if i can do that what thing can i get from more 50 bucks?


im sure you can re use your old case.
m
0
l
18 February 2013 17:20:45

i still recommend you getting a better cpu cooler than stock, because if you want to play games, its going to put stress on your cpu and make it run hot. with an upgraded cooler it will run lower temperatures under stress and give it more stability.

also i think the i3-3220 can be overclocked as well if you ever wish
m
0
l
18 February 2013 17:34:03

gussrtk said:
i still recommend you getting a better cpu cooler than stock, because if you want to play games, its going to put stress on your cpu and make it run hot. with an upgraded cooler it will run lower temperatures under stress and give it more stability.

also i think the i3-3220 can be overclocked as well if you ever wish

Well, i have no deniedm to the cooler u provided, just wondering with 50 more bucks free from reuse the old case, can i have any thing else to make my pc stronger?
Also, i found out that my old pc as a 500w psu, is dat enough to feed the 9600gt? If its enough, why the card keep appearing nvidia power warning?
m
0
l
18 February 2013 17:53:25

maybe you can post a screenshot of what you mean? cuz i dont understand the nvidia warning.

but the 9600gt is an old card, so im sure its not doing that well with newer games.
the 500watt is enough to run a 9600gt.


well for 50$ you can get a better CPU like i5-3450 (it is not overclockable, the multiplier is locked.) this cpu has 4 physical cores and will do games a lot better.


m
0
l
18 February 2013 18:30:19

Here is the power warning
http://img.techpowerup.org/100612/wtf.png
Its very annoying, my card lowered its self and i cant even run team fortress 2 at low and have 60+ fps, thats a dream for me.
Maybe is having a problem inside the case? Cause this pc is 3 years old, and i dont know s*** about messing up the parts, i just have open the case to see inside, i cant even locate te card place in the cpu case. Ill post a picture looking inside the case, maybe u guys can tell me where is the card for me to check its power adapter.
Oh and the warning happend when i updatte the driver
m
0
l
18 February 2013 18:53:26

will upgrading the psu get me better gaming experience+
m
0
l
18 February 2013 19:08:31

Ok so now i have a list of my future pc parts:
CPU: Intel core i3-3220(129.99 on newegg)
CPU Cooler: Rosewill RCX-ZAIO-92 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($14.99 @ Newegg Canada) as you mentioned
Memory: Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($40.50 @ Vuugo)
Mother board:ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard(89.99 on newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.00 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($176.42 @ DirectCanada)
Case:My old case($0)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($64.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Total:575.88(maybe i got someting wrong in caculating)
Price not included shipping, taxes.
Is dis good for gaming already?
Maybe i should pick the 700w psu instead of 600?
Well, so godd cause u helped me to build a gaming pc and its still under 650! My friend told me a $650 pc cant play crysis 2 maxed out (will it?)
If its not can u help me to make it be able to do that( still about 50 bucks free in 650 bucks)


m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
18 February 2013 19:28:54

Sure, it's good, but that's Newegg Canada, not Vietnam.
m
0
l
18 February 2013 19:49:45

Crap, i was totally forgot that part, it can easy exceed my budget godammit!
So my country use VND currency, my budget is 14million VND, which i had exchanged it into dollars, and i got $671,11, i did knew that price maybe higher so i only ask 650 bucks gaming pc to keep it low, not exceed the budget if i bought it in my country, so is that giving u guys any infomation about how much the price can be at vietnam?
m
0
l
18 February 2013 21:05:47

Hi guys! good new, my father gave me some monney to build it so with that extra bucks im now having 719 dollars, do u guys think its enough to make sure the price wont go higher when i buy it?
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
18 February 2013 22:27:57

You have to look at Vietnamese websites.
m
0
l
19 February 2013 05:41:20

FinneousPJ said:
You have to look at Vietnamese websites.

+1


but if you have extra bucks, see if you can fit a i5-3450 (since you may have something left over, it could be very much worth getting instead of 3220)
m
0
l
19 February 2013 05:45:04

cant giv u exact stuff, but general idea is:
intel mid-range i5
mid-range mobo
4 or 8 GB RAM
GTX 650 or 650 TI
Seagate Barracuda
400-500 watt PSU
m
0
l
19 February 2013 05:51:50

with the i3 you will be able to go mid/a bit into high settings on the modern games, (depending on the game)
m
0
l
19 February 2013 11:21:19

gussrtk said:
+1


but if you have extra bucks, see if you can fit a i5-3450 (since you may have something left over, it could be very much worth getting instead of 3220)

No i wont go to the i5 cause my vietnamese friends recomended me just get an i3 cause i only need gaming, and if i take the i5, ill need more psu(correct me if i wrong). But as i said above, my budget is $719 so i will think about an i5
Oh and my friends tell me to get a EVGA GTX 660 FTW Signature 2 2GB 192-bit GDDR5/, is that a good idea?
m
0
l

Best solution

19 February 2013 12:55:30

dath19999 said:
No i wont go to the i5 cause my vietnamese friends recomended me just get an i3 cause i only need gaming, and if i take the i5, ill need more psu(correct me if i wrong). But as i said above, my budget is $719 so i will think about an i5
Oh and my friends tell me to get a EVGA GTX 660 FTW Signature 2 2GB 192-bit GDDR5/, is that a good idea?


the 600watt psu will be fine for you dont worry

i5 is better for gaming than i3. but on your budget, i3 is what you can really afford.

that videocard is like 80$more than what you are looking at. I would rather get radeon 7870 if you are going to spend more on video card.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-111990...



spending more on graphics card will give you nice graphics and a 7870/660 will do HIGH/ULTRA settings in games. the i3 cpu may hold back some FPS on some cpu intensive games, but overall it should do well.





you are currently at

i3-3220
radeon 7850



best "NEXT" step


i3-3220
radeon 7870



best "NEXT" step


i5-3450
radeon 7870
Share
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
19 February 2013 15:02:54

Agree with @gussrtk.
m
0
l
19 February 2013 21:30:14

gussrtk said:
the 600watt psu will be fine for you dont worry

i5 is better for gaming than i3. but on your budget, i3 is what you can really afford.

that videocard is like 80$more than what you are looking at. I would rather get radeon 7870 if you are going to spend more on video card.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/sapphire-video-card-111990...



spending more on graphics card will give you nice graphics and a 7870/660 will do HIGH/ULTRA settings in games. the i3 cpu may hold back some FPS on some cpu intensive games, but overall it should do well.





you are currently at

i3-3220
radeon 7850



best "NEXT" step


i3-3220
radeon 7870



best "NEXT" step


i5-3450
radeon 7870

Lol thks, ill defintley go for i3 3220 and 7870, thks for the help, but can you caculate how much are those parts? ( including the other parts as well
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b 4 Gaming
19 February 2013 21:49:23

We don't know any Vietnamese websites.
m
0
l
20 February 2013 05:51:30

dath19999 said:
Lol thks, ill defintley go for i3 3220 and 7870, thks for the help, but can you caculate how much are those parts? ( including the other parts as well



well you just add about 75$ to the previous price... which i think was like 575... so now you are looking at 650$ USA price/locations. now you just need to check if you can get those items that were built up (at the start of the post) in your price range, shop around! look around! find the parts on good prices.


couple of things (since i do not know where you can buy parts for computer in your country)
here is what you can do...


this is what you posted before
~ im just going to make some notes

Ok so now i have a list of my future pc parts:
CPU: Intel core i3-3220(129.99 on newegg) for sure this one
CPU Cooler: Rosewill RCX-ZAIO-92 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($14.99 @ Newegg Canada) this would be nice
or this
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/zalman-cpu-cooler-cnps5...

or any cooler that amounts to about 25$+ should usually perform well (just to give you a little more freedom with this part)

Memory: Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($40.50 @ Vuugo)
you could also get either, the g.skill ram 1600mhz(or higher, but really doesnt matter as long as its at least 1600) or corsair vengeance

Mother board:ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard(89.99 on newegg)
i think this is a good motherboard for your budget/setup

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.00 @ Vuugo)
Western digital (i prefer) or Seagate BARRACUDA

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($176.42 @ DirectCanada)
now this one you wanted to upgrade to 7870
take a Gigabyte or Sapphire brand, those are good ones for RADEON graphics. If you are really tight on money you could
since you upgraded your videocard, now it is BIGGER. so maybe you can open your case and see that from where the end of case is inside to where the Hard drive bay is you have 10.5inches of room, because the 7870 is bigger.

Sapphire 7870 is 10.24" long
and
gigabyte 7870 is 10.16" long

here is MSI at 9.5"inches long
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...





these are my thoughts and just basically trying to make it simpler for you to make your computer in case you cant get all the parts that are "specific"






let me know what is the situation for your videocard space
m
0
l
20 February 2013 16:47:10

gussrtk said:
well you just add about 75$ to the previous price... which i think was like 575... so now you are looking at 650$ USA price/locations. now you just need to check if you can get those items that were built up (at the start of the post) in your price range, shop around! look around! find the parts on good prices.


couple of things (since i do not know where you can buy parts for computer in your country)
here is what you can do...


this is what you posted before
~ im just going to make some notes

Ok so now i have a list of my future pc parts:
CPU: Intel core i3-3220(129.99 on newegg) for sure this one
CPU Cooler: Rosewill RCX-ZAIO-92 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($14.99 @ Newegg Canada) this would be nice
or this
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/zalman-cpu-cooler-cnps5...

or any cooler that amounts to about 25$+ should usually perform well (just to give you a little more freedom with this part)

Memory: Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($40.50 @ Vuugo)
you could also get either, the g.skill ram 1600mhz(or higher, but really doesnt matter as long as its at least 1600) or corsair vengeance

Mother board:ASRock Z77 Pro3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard(89.99 on newegg)
i think this is a good motherboard for your budget/setup

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.00 @ Vuugo)
Western digital (i prefer) or Seagate BARRACUDA

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($176.42 @ DirectCanada)
now this one you wanted to upgrade to 7870
take a Gigabyte or Sapphire brand, those are good ones for RADEON graphics. If you are really tight on money you could
since you upgraded your videocard, now it is BIGGER. so maybe you can open your case and see that from where the end of case is inside to where the Hard drive bay is you have 10.5inches of room, because the 7870 is bigger.

Sapphire 7870 is 10.24" long
and
gigabyte 7870 is 10.16" long

here is MSI at 9.5"inches long
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...





these are my thoughts and just basically trying to make it simpler for you to make your computer in case you cant get all the parts that are "specific"






let me know what is the situation for your videocard space

Thks for your answer, im going to get the MSI brand for the 7870 cause its size and its twin frozer, which wil keep the card from over heating. And how long is the 6950?
m
0
l
21 February 2013 06:46:01

dath19999 said:
Thks for your answer, im going to get the MSI brand for the 7870 cause its size and its twin frozer, which wil keep the card from over heating. And how long is the 6950?


they are i think mostly around the same length... i looked it up they are around the same lengths

well yeah twin forz means what? 2 fans? Gigabyte 7870 has 3 fans.

you probably will still be able to fit the card into your case even the gigabyte your case looks pretty big, but i was just trying to make sure. (i think gigabyte/sapphire is a better card over Msi for Radeon graphics)
m
0
l
21 February 2013 07:05:42

If i may ,change the case for some used one even to have some cooling and good airflow ,that card can produce lots of heat,it will stay cool because have 3 vents but that heat will go into your case.
m
0
l
21 February 2013 22:12:18

gussrtk said:
they are i think mostly around the same length... i looked it up they are around the same lengths

well yeah twin forz means what? 2 fans? Gigabyte 7870 has 3 fans.

you probably will still be able to fit the card into your case even the gigabyte your case looks pretty big, but i was just trying to make sure. (i think gigabyte/sapphire is a better card over Msi for Radeon graphics)

Do you really think my old case will fit the gigabyte 7870? The case is containing my old gigabyte 9600 gt, do you think because it fit with the gigabyte 9600 gt so it can contain the 7870?
m
0
l
21 February 2013 22:31:05

I theorized this spec a few weeks ago. Let me know how you rate it.


Intel Core i3-3220 3.30GHz
MSI Z77A-G45
Corsair LP 8GB 1600 CL9
MSI Radeon HD 7850 1GB
Seagate 500Gb 7200rpm
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
Powercool Modular 750W 80+ (maybe something better should go here, doesnt need to be 750w either)
Xigmatek Midguard II

Fill in case fans
m
0
l
22 February 2013 04:57:19

dath19999 said:
Do you really think my old case will fit the gigabyte 7870? The case is containing my old gigabyte 9600 gt, do you think because it fit with the gigabyte 9600 gt so it can contain the 7870?



i dont know how big the 9600gt is because there are many different models. but you can open your case easily and just measure it. 10.5inches or 266mm
m
0
l
22 February 2013 10:46:03

gussrtk said:
i dont know how big the 9600gt is because there are many different models. but you can open your case easily and just measure it. 10.5inches or 266mm

The model of the 9600 gt in ln my old case is the gigabyte. And i dont know how the card looks like so i cant lacate and measure the size it has.
oh and i has another question( not about building my pc)
My father was having a another cpu, which is older than my prebuilt one and its not in use anymore, its kinda retired and its case is leaving in my room. So as my 500w psu seem to dying and that older pc has a 300wpsu, can i just take the 300w one and connect it to the 9600 gt only, and let my system having the 500w (without the card, its using the 300w for it sefl). Is it possible and if its yes then how to do it?
m
0
l
22 February 2013 10:47:14

biggkenny said:
I theorized this spec a few weeks ago. Let me know how you rate it.


Intel Core i3-3220 3.30GHz
MSI Z77A-G45
Corsair LP 8GB 1600 CL9
MSI Radeon HD 7850 1GB
Seagate 500Gb 7200rpm
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
Powercool Modular 750W 80+ (maybe something better should go here, doesnt need to be 750w either)
Xigmatek Midguard II

Fill in case fans

Looks good but how the price going on?
m
0
l
22 February 2013 10:47:33

biggkenny said:
I theorized this spec a few weeks ago. Let me know how you rate it.


Intel Core i3-3220 3.30GHz
MSI Z77A-G45
Corsair LP 8GB 1600 CL9
MSI Radeon HD 7850 1GB
Seagate 500Gb 7200rpm
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
Powercool Modular 750W 80+ (maybe something better should go here, doesnt need to be 750w either)
Xigmatek Midguard II

Fill in case fans

Looks good but how the price going on?
m
0
l
22 February 2013 16:56:19

dath19999 said:
The model of the 9600 gt in ln my old case is the gigabyte. And i dont know how the card looks like so i cant lacate and measure the size it has.
oh and i has another question( not about building my pc)
My father was having a another cpu, which is older than my prebuilt one and its not in use anymore, its kinda retired and its case is leaving in my room. So as my 500w psu seem to dying and that older pc has a 300wpsu, can i just take the 300w one and connect it to the 9600 gt only, and let my system having the 500w (without the card, its using the 300w for it sefl). Is it possible and if its yes then how to do it?



i dont know the size of the gt9600. (worse comes to worse, im sure you can modify case [make a little cutout where the hard drive bays are])


the 300watt PSU will work IF it is a GOOD psu (brand/quality). if it is a lower standard brand, it still may work, but PSU might burn out with time cuz it will be under a lot of load.
m
0
l
22 February 2013 21:12:17

gussrtk said:
i dont know the size of the gt9600. (worse comes to worse, im sure you can modify case [make a little cutout where the hard drive bays are])


the 300watt PSU will work IF it is a GOOD psu (brand/quality). if it is a lower standard brand, it still may work, but PSU might burn out with time cuz it will be under a lot of load.

No, i mean the 300w psu will be used by the 9600 gt ONLY, and left the old 500w one for the system
m
0
l
23 February 2013 09:11:34

you are going to put 2PSU for one system? I dont know. i guess it can be powered by the 300watt only. just dont know how you are going to set that up... but you are going to take 800watts basically for something that doesnt need that much wattage.

you could just use the 500watt for system. that's all. (for old)
m
0
l
24 February 2013 11:14:58

gussrtk said:
you are going to put 2PSU for one system? I dont know. i guess it can be powered by the 300watt only. just dont know how you are going to set that up... but you are going to take 800watts basically for something that doesnt need that much wattage.

you could just use the 500watt for system. that's all. (for old)

I think the 500w one is dying and it cant handle the card now, its power warning so thats why i want to use more
m
0
l
18 March 2013 05:32:21

Thanks you guys for the replies, i have booked my parts and its shipping to Viet Nam, so it turns out the monney for shipping imcreased the budget to about 1000 dollars, im gonna get on a diet. Any way thanks for all helps
m
0
l