Solved

Motherboard for Intel Pentium G2020 Processor

I have Intel Pentium G2020..
Which motherboard should I choose for this processor?

1. Asus P8H61-M LX
http://www.asus.com/Motherboard/P8H61M_LX/

2. Asus P8H61-M LX R2.0
http://www.asus.com/Motherboard/P8H61M_LX_R20/

3. Asus P8H61-M PLUS V3
http://www.asus.com/Motherboard/P8H61M_PLUS_V3/
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about motherboard intel pentium g2020 processor
  1. Depends what other hardware you'll be using and what you need! The main difference seems to be memory support, with the better ones supporting faster memory.
  2. mi1ez said:
    Depends what other hardware you'll be using and what you need! The main difference seems to be memory support, with the better ones supporting faster memory.

    Thank you for your reply.
    I will use Kingston 2GB DDR3 CL9 1.5v Memory and Western Digital Caviar BLUE WD5000AAKX 500GB SATA 6GB/s 16MB Cache HDD.
  3. H61 chipset usually does not have HDMI out. If there is any chance you may want to upgrade at some point to HDMI or connect to a TV, you should go up to H77 or higher.
  4. Aristotelian said:
    H61 chipset usually does not have HDMI out. If there is any chance you may want to upgrade at some point to HDMI or connect to a TV, you should go up to H77 or higher.

    It is not available in my country but I will try to found it. Thank you!
  5. I don't have many choices.
  6. Best answer
    Make sure those boards have the bios update to support that chip. Those boards are for Sandy Bridge CPU's and won't work with your Ivy Bridge one without the necessary bios update.
  7. logainofhades said:
    Make sure those boards have the bios update to support that chip. Those boards are for Sandy Bridge CPU's and won't work with your Ivy Bridge one without the necessary bios update.

    I'm not sure. Should I choose Pentium G645 instead of G2020?
  8. If you cannot find an H77/Z77 motherboard, that is an option.
  9. logainofhades said:
    If you cannot find an H77/Z77 motherboard, that is an option.

    Thank you! I will do that.
  10. Best answer selected by whkizdmm.
  11. Aristotelian said:
    H61 chipset usually does not have HDMI out. If there is any chance you may want to upgrade at some point to HDMI or connect to a TV, you should go up to H77 or higher.


    Connecting to HD tv just depends on the availability of the HDMI port or any processor resolution is needed?? Does G2020 processor have the capability to support HD tv? Please clarify.
  12. suresh1987 said:
    Aristotelian said:
    H61 chipset usually does not have HDMI out. If there is any chance you may want to upgrade at some point to HDMI or connect to a TV, you should go up to H77 or higher.


    Connecting to HD tv just depends on the availability of the HDMI port or any processor resolution is needed?? Does G2020 processor have the capability to support HD tv? Please clarify.


    it depends on hdmi port.g2020 has capability to support HD tv.

    H61 d2h has hdmi port!

    - http://www.gigabyte.in/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4002#ov
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Asus Pentium Processors Motherboards