Closed

Chrome OS Notebooks Will Be Windows-proof

Don't look at one of these if you're into Windows.

Chrome OS Notebooks Will Be Windows-proof : Read more
2 answers Last reply
More about chrome notebooks windows proof
  1. For a full size notebook, I'd consider that a significant disadvantage. For a netbook on the other hand, I couldn't care less. Netbooks aren't the sort of system where you want or even can afford to have multiple OS'es. Checking e-mail, playing a flash game and editing a word document every now and then don't require full blown Windows 7.

Security and speed >>> customization (in a netbook, for a notebook you can have all of them with ease)
  2. SilmarunyaFor a full size notebook, I'd consider that a significant disadvantage. For a netbook on the other hand, I couldn't care less. Netbooks aren't the sort of system where you want or even can afford to have multiple OS'es. Checking e-mail, playing a flash game and editing a word document every now and then don't require full blown Windows 7.Security and speed >>> customization (in a netbook, for a notebook you can have all of them with ease)

I disagree, My netbook is a fully functioning and well built computer. If I didn't play games I could happily hook it up to my monitor with my keyboard and mouse and use it as my main, PC for all my work without switching between the two. I also dual boot Ubuntu on my Netbook as my Degree course requires I have access to a Linux based OS.

My Netbook is far more powerful than the PC I used to use for everyday work and web browsing just 6 or so years ago. Back then I used to Dual Boot and customise as much as I could about my computer, with its 1.3Ghz Intel Celeron and 256MB of RAM.

tl;dr Google know anyone with an amount of computer knowledge would just install a proper OS on these boys and enjoy getting a cheap Netbook. So they did their best to stop them.
Ask a new question

Read More

Chrome Notebooks