Game specific stuttering after upgrading to 32" monitor.

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Intel Core 2 Extreme Q6850 @ 3 GHz
4 GB DDR2 RAM
ASUS P5N-T Deluxe board
GTX 470
750GB HD

Philips 32PFL4505D 32" LCD - Primary
LG L206WTY-BF 20" LCD

I'm having an odd issue with only 2 of perhaps 25 games - Skyrim and Dead Island. Throughout gameplay, I'll routinely get 3 second stutters/lagspikes about every 15 seconds or so. I've gone through the Nvidia control panel after doing some research, turning features on/off and setting my system to single monitor performance mode. I've turned Vsync on/off, set all graphics to lowest settings, reduced resolutions, etc. The issue continues to happen. I've only gotten success on one attempt in Dead Island, and that was turning the resolution down to roughly 1280 x 800 and running the game in a small window on my 32".

None of the other games, MW2/3, Valve games, various mmos, or even HD videos have caused this to happen. I've tried numerous tricks and tweaks, but have come up empty handed.

Am I doomed to run these games in 50% of my viewable playing area, or is there a way to get around this issue?

Thanks-
JH
2 answers Last reply
More about game specific stuttering upgrading monitor
  1. Similar problem here... Massive pain in the but! :(
  2. Have I finally unearthed the one computer problem that can not be solved? I demand parades, statues, and charities formed in my honor.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics