Closed

EVGA Experiments With 4-Way Fermi GTX 480 SLI

23 answers Last reply
More about evga experiments fermi
  1. the cards in the middle are completely sandwiched. i just don't see how that would work without being surrounded by fans in a really cold room or something
  2. Rofl, there's going to be a chernobyl incident at EVGA. Poor, poor fellows...
  3. Build your own aluminium smelter!
  4. Thats a lot of heat!!!!
  5. hey what about the mother board???
    which MB has 7 nos of pcie slots???
  6. Quote:
    hey what about the mother board???
    which MB has 7 nos of pcie slots???

??

4 Cards = 4 slots. Where did you get 7 from?
  7. Herr_Koos?? 4 Cards = 4 slots. Where did you get 7 from?

The 4th pic shows 7 slots.
  8. Herr_Koos?? 4 Cards = 4 slots. Where did you get 7 from?

Check out the second picture from the bottom, there is 7 red slots, which judging by the position of the RAM is where the Fermi cards are going, so I expect they're all PCIE.
  9. Exellent. Now I know why Obama recently approved the construction of yet another nuclear power plant.
  10. My bad, I missed that. 7 slots indeed...
  11. it may be a hydra200 motherboard ... just may be
  12. What would happen if you could stick 7 of them in there with a flex PCIe extender.
  13. hairyshitWhat would happen if you could stick 7 of them in there with a flex PCIe extender.

7 Fermi's??? The end of the world as we know it, that's what.. ;-)
  14. I guess if you can afford 4 GTX 480s then a 7 PCIe board won't be too much of an ask
  15. That and the dual CPU version of that motherboard would be a must-see benchmark. BTW - as specified in the article, the motherboard in the pictures is an EVGA X58 Classified 4-Way SLI for those who may wonder.
  16. I like the Idea of 7 cards using PCIE extenders it just sounds good.
    But I do have to question what kind of impact such a setup would have on the PCIE bus whould we see a big fall of in performance due to the number of cards v number of lanes.
    Even with 4 card would you see any major benifit compared to say just 2 or 3.
  17. there are 7 pcie slots.... the cards cover 2 slots each, except the bottom which does take up to slots but doesnt cover any pcie slot underneath..
  18. 4 of those card ....so thightly placed?
    I wonder if we can use it also as a stove..
  19. Lol, who would EVER want this?!?!
  20. Sod cooking an egg. Try an entire fry-up.
  21. You would with out a doubt need to water cool these suckers. One to stop your pc turning into an oven due to the lack of space for airflow around the cards as everyone says. And two stop you ears bleeding when all the cards fans spin up.
  22. You would have to put your case below a hovercraft to keep those cards below meltingpoint...
  23. i wonder how the SLI scaling will be ...

Plus plus would need an OCd i7-980X operating @ 4.5 Ghz or something like that ; even then i doubt there'l be no bottlenecks ...
    And still i bet Crysis won't cross 50 FPS @ 2560 X 1650, Very High settings with 8X AA :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx EVGA SLI