System Builder Marathon, Q1 2013: $1,600 Alternative PC

Informed buyers are always looking for more information, and we were fortunate enough to plan for some of those requests. Today’s build adds quietness, storage capacity, and extra gaming finesse to the parts found in our “high-end-on-a budget” PC.

System Builder Marathon, Q1 2013: $1,600 Alternative PC : Read more
5 answers Last reply
More about system builder marathon 2013 alternative
  1. Quote:
    ASRock defaults DDR3-2133 memory to 1.5665 V. Add in the 1% over-voltage we’ve been seeing nearly every board vendor sneak in over the past several product cycles, and we come up to around 1.68 V.

1.5665 + 1% = 1.582165
  2. Nice, this is a well balanced build! That's a good bit of troubleshooting you did there as well - I always wondered whether the super heavy CPU coolers would cause any problems, especially when you move the case around. I always worry that the large heatsink could sheer off when I have to transport my computer to a new flat.

Better be careful y'all!
  3. Brutal.......

get a normal cooler Cm212 or even a CM tx4 and spend that other 50 bucks on some better cards. 7950's should be a minimum for a build of 1600
  4. Could've gone for a 7970 and a 3770k instead. I think most people would prefer to stay away from crossfire in a new build unless they're going for more performance than the best single GPU card. Maybe a board with more USB 3.0 internal headers would've been nice, i'm not a fan of having to plug devices in the back unless they are there to stay(exception being USB audio devices)
  5. And the moral of this story is don't bother with archaic lumps of metal to cool your CPU. H100 people, simply no other choice.
Ask a new question

Read More

System Builder