Closed

Microsoft Denies Windows 7 Has NSA Backdoor

No backdoor action for Windows 7, assures Microsoft.

Microsoft Denies Windows 7 Has NSA Backdoor : Read more
9 answers Last reply
More about microsoft denies windows backdoor
  1. Another good reason to move to opensource...
  2. nice to see another article that has F all to do with a the UK on the .co.uk site...
  3. It has EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE UK.
    This would mean that the United States' NSA would have access to Windows 7 computers operating not only in the US, but in every other country too. Now i dont have anything against GCHQ looking through my computer, hell i have nothing to hide and i trust my country.
    Other country's though. Especially the US! im not so sure.
  4. ITT: Denying something makes it true.
  5. It would be a VERY POOR business decision to put backdoors in the operating system, if discovered it would wipe them out, they would have zero credibility and people would abandon Windows overnight.

Obviously if there were backdoors they would deny it, but it is still somewhat reassuring to have an official statement to that effect... and as I said it would be commercial suicide to implement anything of the sort...
  6. Lol if this is true then it illegal for them to sell it anywhere in the world. surley to god the goverment of USA cannot keep this sercert anylonger otherwise there in one HUGH heap of trouble
  7. I'd say any Wester security agency would have a vested interest in being involved in supporting the security arrangements of Windows or any other major OS.
    1. They can hope that way that foreign powers will have a harder time breaking the security
    2. The knowledge gained could be useful in breaking the security / knowing weak spots etc
    3. They could possibly make a pirate version with a tweak or two to the security that would give a backdoor (not that a security service would do anything illegal ever) - but only to people willing to illegally acquire software, which is rather large in China etc iirc
  8. Years ago Microsoft was caught with a specific crypto key in the OS (might of been Win 95) labeled NSAKey (or something similar, my memory fails me) in addition to the usual OS crypto key when someone reverse engineered the OS code. Seems to me, NSA and Microsoft are probably just continuing their working relationship.
  9. There are bacdoors in every o/s produced or security flaws that can enable another remote user access your IP address is the biggest one of them all
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Microsoft