Environment variables not being expand in Path registry en..

Hi

System environment variables are expanding fine but not my own variables

In

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment

I have

Path REG_EXPAND_SZ %FOO%;C:\tmp;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%
FOO REG_EXPAND_SZ c:\bar

If I do
echo %PATH%
in command I get
%FOO%;C:\tmp;c:\windows\system32;c:\windows\

Why is FOO not been expanded? I have been googling around and cannot find solution

Any insight greatly appreciated
1 answer Last reply
More about environment variables expand path registry

    Specifying "DOSONLY" in System32\CONFIG.NT will cause that.

    --
    - Vince

Configuration Environment Variables System32 Registry Expand Windows XP