Closed

Star Trek Online: Game Performance Analyzed And Benchmarked

Cryptic Studios recently released its new Star Trek Online MMO after the movie reinvigorated this history-steeped franchise. Today we're checking out the game play and analyzing its performance on a number of graphics cards to show you what to expect.

Star Trek Online: Game Performance Analyzed And Benchmarked : Read more
10 answers Last reply
More about star trek online game performance analyzed benchmarked
  1. Hmm. No mention of how faithless this games is to the Star Trek universe? I'm not a Trekkie, but this would even put me off. A Start Trek veneer on their previous MMO engine does not Star Trek make.
  2. Odd choice of game to test considering how buggy it is, how it constantly crashes and not to mention it's just a downright awful game, a metacitic score of 62 means stay away. I ended up getting the pre-order and seriously wish I hadn't. A hollow, empty attempt at a Star Trek MMO, although if you like flying around in a shoebox, go right ahead!
  3. I've played this game. I was quite disappointed with it. Whilst it looks like a Star Trek game, it doesn't feel like one! I found the interface clunky and unresponsive and I have a system that far exceeds the requirements. The immersion is frequently ruined by other people, why is that captain jumping up and down on the admirals desk!? The ship designs are over the top, why does my ship have a giant, pointless hole in the front of it (that wasn't put there by torpedoes)?. The ship interiors just look....stilly, the bridge is the size of a football pitch! As Not_GamesTKirk says "A Start Trek veneer on their previous MMO engine does not Star Trek make". It’s a shame, Perpetual's initial incarnation looked much better!
  4. a really, really bad game made by inexperienced programmers. Bridge Commander is still the king of star trek games.
  5. Man, and I haven't even started reading the article LOL

I had high hopes for this - it has the possibilities of making a truely great MMO

But guess I will be waiting for the next big one...

Lets have a read... brb
  6. If you like space MMO's then EvE Online is tough to beat. I've been playing for 2 years now and I still haven't gone through everything that it has to offer. 40,000+ players all at the same time in the same universe, 100's in a fleet fight (with inevitable lag) is good fun. With their FPS spin-off 'Dust 514' to be released soon, it will be interesting to see how they will work the two together. As for Star Trek, I may give it a look in a few months when the inevitable bugs have been somewhat ironed out.
  7. Can't wait for the free-trail period after the initial rush :)
  8. playing it since closed beta, easy to pick up great game to play and I am not a big trekie fan but has enough features, races and missions that I remember, maxed out with amd phenom 2.5, ddr2 4gb ram, 8800gtx and get 30-40+fps all maxed full hd resolution. No noticible lag when playing either.

Think will move to other pc with ddr3 4gb, quad 3.2ghz amd gtx285 see what I get, Have also been using xfire to record and broadcast, soem noticible delay of a few seconds when broadcasting but again doesnt effect performance that much.

great game get out and play it.
  9. Terrible game, expsive to buy and high subs cost. Very dissapointed, am no back to Eve with a pssion - and this is someone that persisted with the grandaddy of buggy MMO's for seven years - EQ1! :D
  10. Wish I could spell / proof read... "am now back to EVE with a passion"

DUH
Ask a new question

Read More

Performance Games