Solved

Headphone & Microphone volume too low !!

Hai guys,..

My headphone volume is too low even at max volume settings..

Headphone : HS 320 (Creative).. tried with other 3-4 headphones.. all of them .. volume is too low !!

Windows 7 64bit ultimate.

Intel : DH55TC

Sound card : Realtek HD (latest version)

No problems with speaker volumes.. its loud and clear (5.1 creative t6160)

Iam asking here because i think its a problem with my motherboard ?!

Any help would be much appreciated.. !!
Reply to Heart beats
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about headphone microphone volume
  1. The soundcard thinks the headphones are actually a sound system, so it is outputting sound in a "line out" fashion, not headphones.
    See if there is a dedicated plugin for headphones.
    If there is no connector:
    Check the Realtek driver software and tell it to configure the plug for "headphones", it should be able to do this automatically, but realtek is cheap, and it prolly doesn't....
    Reply to memadmax
  2. No dedicated plugins are there.. !

and i didn't understand 2nd one.. ? how can i configure plug for headphones ?
    Reply to Heart beats
  3. Any help guys.. ??
    Reply to Heart beats
  4. I don't know exactly how to configure your realtek. It could be any one of millions of different combinations.
    Go into the windows control panel > sound and check out the properties and start poking around in there. You are looking for something that is saying "line out" that can be changed to "headphones".
    Reply to memadmax
  5. I don't have a solution to this, but I came here after getting the same problem. I got a new Samsung Series laptop with Realtek HD audio, and the speakers are AWESOME, but using the headphones always gives low volume. This was not the case on my old Dell Inspiron laptop. So it's not a problem with the headphones. I think the solution would lie in somehow getting a USB headphones which are independent from the soundcard or something.
    Reply to Anonymous
  6. Best answer
    Ok, I just got a USB headset, and the volume is back to normal and actually sounds better. Since it's a USB device, the soundcard can't control it. I suggest you buy a GOOD quality USB headset.
    Reply to Anonymous
  7. Ok i just found the solution on realtek's driver. the problem is just with back panel.
    open up realtek, in back panel shows you bunch of outputs(in right of realtek's menu), right click on the green one (the one you plug your headphone in), choose connector retasking. in the menu select "Headphone"
    sorry for my bad english ^_^
    Reply to Majid Farimani
  8. Majid Farimani said:
    Ok i just found the solution on realtek's driver. the problem is just with back panel.
    open up realtek, in back panel shows you bunch of outputs(in right of realtek's menu), right click on the green one (the one you plug your headphone in), choose connector retasking. in the menu select "Headphone"

Majid was correct.!. Thank you - the problem has been bugging me for a year now...
    Reply to edumgr
  9. Majid Farimani said:
    Ok i just found the solution on realtek's driver. the problem is just with back panel.

Thanks a lot Majid. My issue got resolved :)
    Reply to lokilokesh1983
  10. Anyone knows how to do Majid's soltuion but with shit ass VIA audio driver? It'd help a lot!
    Reply to LordShadowOfShadowton
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Motherboards Microphone Creative