Closed

AMD Unleashed: Four CPUs, Two GPUs, All Overclocked

Our recent SBM series featured three Intel/Nvidia-based builds, independently chosen by each of our authors. Understandably, AMD fans felt a little left out. Paul is here with a literal compendium of benchmark results for those of you with AMD hardware.

AMD Unleashed: Four CPUs, Two GPUs, All Overclocked : Read more
2 answers Last reply
More about unleashed cpus gpus overclocked
  1. I just skipped to the conclusion to see if reading the whole thing would be worth it.

Seems to me like AMD know there stuff is slower and you have to accept that you have to overclock, Or their products have huge temperature problems at higher levels, so let’s "re-brand" it over clocking and let the punter spend X on cooling.

How much goes into over clocking equipment Vs getting a CPU that runs faster and cooler in the first place? Is that much being saved?
    /Honest question with a hint of sarcasm.

Also - I accept that just getting a system to over clock as much as possible is a valid waste of free time and good money as any other. If you enjoy it go for it.
  2. Phenom II X4 is good at stock speed compared to Intel (especially games like GTA IV), and overclocks quite well. Practically any CPU of this nature (both AMD and Intel), will require focus on keeping temps down if you want a decent overclock.
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs AMD CPUs