Solved

Question about Crosshair V Formula extra 4-pin

Hey, I've a question see that extra 4-pin connector on the upper side of the CPU socket. What is it's use? I can't find any answer about that.

I also have one more question, my PSU doesn't have single 8-pin connector, though it has 2x 4-pin can I use both 4-pin as 8 pin or do I've to buy new PSU for single 8-pin connector?
Also, is it necessary to remove cape which covers 4-pins? If so why it's there? I can only see one 4-pin side other 4-pin is covered.

my English rocks. Thx
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about question crosshair formula extra
  1. bump
  2. plz help
  3. push
  4. wtf? the members of this site don't even know anything. this is not a good sign at all.
    bye
  5. Best answer
    I'm sorry you didn't get a response as quick as you'd have hoped,
    your motherboard manual will have a layout page with the necessary information you need,
    I know thats not the simple answer you wanted, but the information is probably 3 feet from you, you can find it :)
    Moto
  6. Manual says we can use 4-pin also but I know it's about 8-pin. There's no info whatsoever about that additional 4-pin. And in order to use it do I have to put 8 pin and THAT 4 pin at the same time or I can use it without filling other 8-pins also?

Thank you, I was disappointed because I got a lot of help when it comes to buying stuff maybe because online shops who are sponsor they force to do this?
  7. Motopsychojdn said:
    I'm sorry you didn't get a response as quick as you'd have hoped,
    your motherboard manual will have a layout page with the necessary information you need,
    I know thats not the simple answer you wanted, but the information is probably 3 feet from you, you can find it :)
    Moto

plz help
  8. "There are a few constructional and design features on the Crosshair V Formula motherboard that are of particular note. For one, the traditional 8-pin CPU power connector is located on the Crosshair V Formula, but there is also an additional 4-pin CPU power connector as well. This extra 4-pin connector is specifically for use when overclocking the still unreleased 8-core AMD processors."

Found this somewhere on the overclock.net forums. Hope it will help you :)
  9. dkraptor said:
    "There are a few constructional and design features on the Crosshair V Formula motherboard that are of particular note. For one, the traditional 8-pin CPU power connector is located on the Crosshair V Formula, but there is also an additional 4-pin CPU power connector as well. This extra 4-pin connector is specifically for use when overclocking the still unreleased 8-core AMD processors."

Found this somewhere on the overclock.net forums. Hope it will help you :)

Very good and thank you.
    How can I use this? I mean do I have to put the 8-pin and at the same time 4-pin? 8+4 = 12-pins total?
    or I have to put 4-pin in 8-pin socket and 4-pin on that additional socket?
  10. I hazard that it will work with the following set ups,
    using four pin alone (lowest power option for older/cheaper psu's)
    using 8 pin alone (or 4+4 if your psu has a splittable block, 4+4 block=8block obv.)
    using 8pin+ additional 4pin for overclocking bulldozer as mentioned, (and probably a 4pin adaptor of some sort will be required)
    if you have a 'normal I.E. non BD chip, just use the 4 or 8pin as your psu allows, dont worry abou the 'extra' cpu power block until you upgrade to dozer
    Moto,
  11. Best answer selected by guest911.
  12. Wow. finally... thank you!
  13. No problem man, and thank you for B.a.
    Moto
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Formula Socket