How to set up UT server for LAN

Could some recommend a link on how to set up a LAN server please. After
playing for years I am going to set up a LAN game at work to play over lunch
for 4 people with P3 650 laptop as server only (not to play on). I have
found a few links from epic and griffin but was wondering if its as easy as
it seems. Would a P3 650 hack it?

Any advice or links to tutorials welcome.

Visine
4 answers Last reply
More about server

    "Visine" <Visine~not~@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Could some recommend a link on how to set up a LAN server please. After
    > playing for years I am going to set up a LAN game at work to play over
    > lunch for 4 people with P3 650 laptop as server only (not to play on). I
    > have found a few links from epic and griffin but was wondering if its as
    > easy as it seems. Would a P3 650 hack it?
    >
    > Any advice or links to tutorials welcome.
    >
    > Visine

    The overhead a server requires is actually very small if you aren't going to
    play on it. I think you'll be more than fine.

    Visine enlightened us with:
    > Could some recommend a link on how to set up a LAN server please.
    > After playing for years I am going to set up a LAN game at work to
    > play over lunch for 4 people with P3 650 laptop as server only (not
    > to play on). I have found a few links from epic and griffin but was
    > wondering if its as easy as it seems.

    Have you read our FAQ already? There are some very useful links in
    there.

    > Would a P3 650 hack it?

    Think so.

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

    Doh!!!!!

    You post it all the time and I did not think. Sorry

    Visine

    "Visine" <Visine~not~@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Could some recommend a link on how to set up a LAN server please. After
    > playing for years I am going to set up a LAN game at work to play over
    lunch
    > for 4 people with P3 650 laptop as server only (not to play on). I have
    > found a few links from epic and griffin but was wondering if its as easy
    as
    > it seems. Would a P3 650 hack it?
    >
    > Any advice or links to tutorials welcome.
    >
    > Visine

    it is extremely easy to set up. and a p3 650 will be more than enough. I
    have run servers on a pentium 200 before. At one time I was running a q3
    server and a UT server at the same time on the pentium 200 ;o0

    --

    Margolis
    http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

LAN Servers Video Games