Solved

G.SKILL Cas 7 vs Cas 9 Question

Hello everyone,

I'm looking at getting some new ram for my system and I can't decide which one of these would be the better buy.

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
Cas: 9
Timings: 9-9-9-24
Cost: $85

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
Cas: 7
Timings 7-7-7-21
Cost: $105

Would the timing and cas make that big of a difference in my system?

-Leetsauce
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about skill question
  1. Best answer
    The reduced timings would make a few percentage points difference. If you're a gamer, the main thing that would be affected is the minimum frame rate. The peak and average frame rates would stay about the same, but the minimum frame rate would increase.

What does that mean? The times where the screen is filled with lots of explosions, characters, enemies, etc wouldn't turn into a slide show as much. You'd notice most in games like StarCraft II and such.
  2. Leaps-from-Shadows said:
    The reduced timings would make a few percentage points difference. If you're a gamer, the main thing that would be affected is the minimum frame rate. The peak and average frame rates would stay about the same, but the minimum frame rate would increase.

What does that mean? The times where the screen is filled with lots of explosions, characters, enemies, etc wouldn't turn into a slide show as much. You'd notice most in games like StarCraft II and such.

Are we talking a 1fps to 2fps increase on the minimum frame rate, or are we talking between 5fps and 10fps?
  3. Probably 1-3 FPS in most games, but more in some types. Like I said, most noticeable in games like StarCraft II where there can be hundreds of units on the screen at once.
  4. Best answer selected by Leetsauce.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory DDR3 RAM G.SKILL Product