How do i remove write-protection from my usb flash drive
whenever i want to delete any items from my flash it says that the disk is write-protected...so neither can load anything and nor can delete and even cant format it...
There's a little toggle on the side, you need to switch it the other direction: http://images.knowhow.com/Computing%20Peripherals/USBStick.jpg
The one on the side of yours might not be so blatantly obvious but that's what causes the problem.
There is a sticky in here for this!Quote:My USB Flash device is write protected
How to remove a write protection from your USB memory Stick if there is no Write protection ON or OFF button or tab:
1. Shutdown your computer or laptop
2. Insert USB Memory Stick into your laptop or Computer
3. Turn on computer and then immediately start pressing (F8) key then Advanced Boot Options screen will come up
4. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt
5. After loading files if your USB Memory Stick drive letter is (G) for example then write as
6. C:\windows\system32>G: and press enter
7. G:\>format G: and press enter
8. If ask you (Y/N) then press (Y) and press enter
9. Now a full format will start which remove write protection from USB Memory Stick.
Always use the Safely Remove Hardware option when taking your flash drive out of the USB port.This will help prevent data loss and corruption of your flash drive.
If it doesn't work, there are more tips in the sticky.
if the problem is from chipmemory software u must download chipgenius and have your vid and pid
and mark of chip
then you enter to this site flashboot.ru to downlaod a software for flash disk for format;
if u want to know more plz viste this blog
if u have a probleme add a comment here and give marque and Giga of ur usb
To remove write protection like this: