OC\'ing T3604 eMachines w/SetFSB

The BIOS has been upgraded somewhat from the Original eMachines BIOS to the Gateway BIOS of a year later.....what I'd like to know is if I lower the RAM timings, can I go over 3.0 GHz on a C2D E6700 w/3GBS of 667 RAM? I have correctly ID'ed the PLL and have achieved a stable OC of 2.98GHz....after that, freezing and a reboot required to reset.
I can set from 5-5-5-15 to 3-3-3-9 (667 to 200mhz) in the BIOS...that's the only adjustment available on board...the rest is all SetFSB: thoughts, anyone?
4 answers Last reply
More about t3604 emachines setfsb
  1. eMachines T3604, Intel D945GCL Coreyville 2 mobo.... Core2Duo E6700 (2.66GHz OC'ed to 2.98GHz via Set FSB)
  2. Have discovered the "Wall" for the chipset(Intel 945) and Northbridge combo here to be at 2.98 GHZ....I had got it higher to a max of 3.1, but it froze----the typical out of bounds errata. But, having set the timing to 5-5-5-11 gave a little breathing room and keeps it stable here. A 12% OC for an Intel OEM locked BIOS mobo isn't bad....it equates to a much more expensive C2D, but w/an extra 1mb L-2 cache, but not the SSE4.x microcode instructions......I'll take it!
  3. Also, by bumping the PCIe freqs a tick, I was able to just squeak past the 3GHz barrier....if there's a doughnut hole, it's not clearly evident.Without the freq bump, the OC is unstable....but everything seems to be grooving in this set up. Also, now w/667MHz RAM @ 4-4-4-12 timings, to just slightly underclock the RAM....
  4. Could you give me the link to the BIOS update?
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets BIOS eMachines Overclocking