Intel Overclocking Club - page 5

702 answers Last reply
  1. giltyler said:
    When does the spreadsheet get updated

Jeez, I should work on that. Sorry, I've been studying for finals and have gotten work to do. How about either friday or this weekend? :)
    Reply to amuffin
  2. Here is mine for the insane list.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2560706
    Reply to saint19
  3. That *** be pumpin. 1.8volts is alot too. Im sure Intel never intended us to play this hard. Keep it up . Im impressed. I thought my little 5.2 overclock @ 1.49 was good, thats incredible...
    Reply to inthedark1980
  4. What was the temperature on that thing when you finally got it into windows Saint? Had to be trollin' the heat for sure.
    Reply to steddora
  5. -180°C...I'm not sure...i was more "worried for run SuperPI and those stuffs...xD
    Reply to saint19
  6. LN2?
    Reply to amuffin
  7. amuffin said:
    LN2?

Of course...
    Reply to saint19
  8. Name: ehresmann
    CPU: i5-3570k
    Motherboard: Biostar TZ77XE4
    CPU Voltage: 1.231
    CPU Bus Speed/Multiplier: 100*43
    Clock Speed: 4.3ghz
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2133mhz DDR3 9-9-9-24-2T
    Cooling: CoolerMaster V8

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8plh9t5dzcigc9/Overclock_results.PNG
    Reply to ehresmann
  9. ehresmann said:
    Name: ehresmann
    CPU: i5-3570k
    Motherboard: Biostar TZ77XE4
    CPU Voltage: 1.231
    CPU Bus Speed/Multiplier: 100*43
    Clock Speed: 4.3ghz
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2133mhz DDR3 9-9-9-24-2T
    Cooling: CoolerMaster V8

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8plh9t5dzcigc9/Overclock_results.PNG

Uh you get a Biostar board but Corsair 2133MHz RAM???

Cuz F#$& logic... lol

EDIT : Oh and you could drops those V's I am sure, a bit high for 4.3GHz...
    Reply to Novuake
  10. Novuake,

Haha, yeah this was my first ever build and oc. I just left the V's at stock but I'm going to push more towards 4.5ghz so I probably won't try lowering the V's just yet.

Do you know average temps for a 3570k at an oc of 4.5? Right now my max temps that I hit running prime95 for 9 hours was 69C, which I though was pretty reasonable.
    Reply to ehresmann
  11. ehresmann said:
    Novuake,

Haha, yeah this was my first ever build and oc. I just left the V's at stock but I'm going to push more towards 4.5ghz so I probably won't try lowering the V's just yet.

Do you know average temps for a 3570k at an oc of 4.5? Right now my max temps that I hit running prime95 for 9 hours was 69C, which I though was pretty reasonable.

Uhm well my 3570K is currently @ 4.6GHz with 1.28v... So depending on your specific chip you could expect a little less than that...
    Reply to Novuake
  12. Novuake said:
    Uhm well my 3570K is currently @ 4.6GHz with 1.28v... So depending on your specific chip you could expect a little less than that...

What are your max temps when playing games with it at 4.6GHz ? I just have it air cooled with the V8 so I'm worried it may run to hot when I approach 4.5 or higher.
    Reply to ehresmann
  13. ehresmann said:
    What are your max temps when playing games with it at 4.6GHz ? I just have it air cooled with the V8 so I'm worried it may run to hot when I approach 4.5 or higher.

I have a Corsair H80. Got 83C in Intel Burn Test at medium fan speed. Which is a little toasty for me, but its not like IBT is any sort of real world scenario...
    Reply to Novuake
  14. Name : Sanil
    CPU : CORE 2 DUO E 4300
    Motherboard : Gigabite GA-G41M Combo LGA 775
    CPU voltage : 1.44
    CPU bus speed / multiplier : 333.34* 9
    Clock speed : 3.0 Ghz
    RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4GB
    Cooling : Coooler master Hyper TX3 EVO cooler
    CPU validation : http://valid.canardpc.com/2620935

Reply to sanilmahambre
  15. Name: iTzSnypah
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800
    Motherboard: MSI P35 Diamond
    CPU Voltage: 1.3v
    CPU Bus Speed/Multiplier: 266x12
    Clock Speed: 3.2Ghz
    RAM: 4Gb (2x2Gb) of random single channel DDR3-1066 7-7-7-20-2T
    Cooling: Cooler Master TX3
    CPU validation: http://valid.canardpc.com/2621718

Core 1 is bad, anything over 3.2 and it fails prime95 immediately. I can't complain though I got the Computer for free. I have had to put around $200 into it so far though. I don't know why but the CPU idles around 53c, age I guess.

http://i.imgur.com/R2aPu.png
    Reply to itzsnypah
  16. Finals are almost over....

Christmas break!!!!

I'll finally have time to update the charts. ;)
    Reply to amuffin
  17. ^Not if the world's end tomorrow ;)

Just kidding...
    Reply to saint19
  18. saint19 said:
    ^Not if the world's end tomorrow ;)

Just kidding...

It's already the 21st somewhere else in the world. ;)
    Reply to amuffin
  19. itzsnypah said:
    Name: iTzSnypah
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800
    Motherboard: MSI P35 Diamond
    CPU Voltage: 1.3v
    CPU Bus Speed/Multiplier: 266x12
    Clock Speed: 3.2Ghz
    RAM: 4Gb (2x2Gb) of random single channel DDR3-1066 7-7-7-20-2T
    CPU validation: http://valid.canardpc.com/2621718

Core 1 is bad, anything over 3.2 and it fails prime95 immediately. I can't complain though I got the Computer for free. I have had to put around $200 into it so far though. I don't know why but the CPU idles around 53c, age I guess.

http://i.imgur.com/R2aPu.png

its nice to know im not the only brony stalking toms /)
    Reply to masterman467
  20. hello
    Reply to evaemma
  21. masterman467 said:
    its nice to know im not the only ponyfag stalking toms /)

That makes 3 of us then... Excluding the *** part of course...

EDIT : That was meant to be the second half of ponyfag...
    Reply to Novuake
  22. Novuake said:
    That makes 3 of us then... Excluding the *** part of course...

EDIT : That was meant to be the second half of ponyfag...

ill change it to not offend the people who dont get the inside joke

OT: burned smithy the outher day D:
    EDIT: aparently it doesent show sigs when you reply...

may we all hang out heads in remembrance of Smith Field, faithful central processing unit for 6 years. may your 90 nano meters rest in peace.
    *missing man formation jets fly by*
    RIP June 2006 - December 2012
    Reply to masterman467
  23. Novuake said:
    Uh you get a Biostar board but Corsair 2133MHz RAM???

Cuz F#$& logic... lol

EDIT : Oh and you could drops those V's I am sure, a bit high for 4.3GHz...

I took your advice and I'm starting to lower my V's, so far I'm down to 1.16 and its stable. (Ran through 10 intel burn tests, and 11 hours of prime95 with no errors or warnings). Should I still try to keep lowering them?
    Reply to ehresmann
  24. Run a game first too see if its rly stable or illusionarly stable.
    Reply to masterman467
  25. masterman467 said:
    Run a game first too see if its rly stable or illusionarly stable.

Thanks, I played BF3 and Borderlands2 today and no problems, so I'm going to lower it again and repeat the testing!
    Reply to ehresmann
  26. ehresmann said:
    Thanks, I played BF3 and Borderlands2 today and no problems, so I'm going to lower it again and repeat the testing!

good luck!
    Reply to masterman467
  27. ehresmann said:

Awesome, whats funny is when OCing Ivy we drop voltages below stock till past 4GHz, that actually EXTENDS life of the CPU if you have adequate cooling... How awesome is that?
    Reply to Novuake
  28. Novuake said:
    Awesome, whats funny is when OCing Ivy we drop voltages below stock till past 4GHz, that actually EXTENDS life of the CPU if you have adequate cooling... How awesome is that?

Ha ha I agree it is awesome. I'm still playing around with it and decided I might as well oc higher so I'm at 4.5GHz with my V's at only 1.18! So far its stable through the standard and high Intel burn tests and now I'm running Prime95 then I'll test with games but looks like it will be stable. When I'm done testing I'll post up screen shots of the oc.
    Reply to ehresmann
  29. ehresmann said:
    Ha ha I agree it is awesome. I'm still playing around with it and decided I might as well oc higher so I'm at 4.5GHz with my V's at only 1.18! So far its stable through the standard and high Intel burn tests and now I'm running Prime95 then I'll test with games but looks like it will be stable. When I'm done testing I'll post up screen shots of the oc.

Geez if that's stable you have an AMZING chip... I am @ 4.6GHz with 1.28v...
    Reply to Novuake
  30. i ve overclocked my PC from 1.8Ghz to 3.0Ghz . I would have gone for 3.2 or 3.4 or 3.6 but its fast enough for any game. Its also a safe and stable.
    Reply to sanilmahambre
  31. sanilmahambre said:
    i ve overclocked my PC from 1.8Ghz to 3.0Ghz . I would have gone for 3.2 or 3.4 or 3.6 but its fast enough for any game. Its also a safe and stable.

Screenshot or it never happened... LOL Very common thing you will hear on this thread...
    Reply to Novuake
  32. Name: Ehresmann
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k
    Motherboard: Biostar TZ77EX4
    CPU Voltage: 1.19v
    CPU Bus Speed/Multiplier: 100 x 45
    Clock Speed: 4.5Ghz
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb DDR3-2133 9-9-9-24-2T
    Cooling: Cooler Master V8
    CPU validation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aflqxf6pixt5o3y/45_overclock.PNG

This is an update from my previous 4.3 oc. I'm pretty excited about the 4.5GHz oc with only 1.19 V's.
    Reply to ehresmann
  33. Novuake said:
    Geez if that's stable you have an AMZING chip... I am @ 4.6GHz with 1.28v...

Ha ha thanks, and it ended up failing after a few hours in prime95 so I had to up the voltage to 1.19 for it to be stable. I made another post above that has the new oc and screenshot.
    Reply to ehresmann
  34. ehresmann said:
    Ha ha thanks, and it ended up failing after a few hours in prime95 so I had to up the voltage to 1.19 for it to be stable. I made another post above that has the new oc and screenshot.

Still an awesome OC. What load calibration did you use and offset?
    Reply to Novuake
  35. Novuake said:
    Still an awesome OC. What load calibration did you use and offset?

Thanks, and I'm not sure what you mean by load calibration but I didn't use offset I'm using "fixed" instead. I found it easier to get it to be stable that way.
    Reply to ehresmann
  36. ehresmann said:
    Thanks, and I'm not sure what you mean by load calibration but I didn't use offset I'm using "fixed" instead. I found it easier to get it to be stable that way.

Yes that usually is the case. Hmmm load calibration... What board are you using?
    Reply to Novuake
  37. Novuake said:
    Yes that usually is the case. Hmmm load calibration... What board are you using?

I just looked in the BIOS and didn't see anything that said load calibration, I saw something that said vcore load line and I have that set at auto. I have the Biostar TZ77XE4 mobo.
    Reply to ehresmann
  38. ehresmann said:
    I just looked in the BIOS and didn't see anything that said load calibration, I saw something that said vcore load line and I have that set at auto. I have the Biostar TZ77XE4 mobo.

Ah yes sorry, you said that earlier. You could consider changing you load line(load calibration on some boards) to level 1 or 2. 1 being very stiff with very little voltage dips or increasing and 2 being a little less stiff. This can help you get more out of the chip. i prefer level 2 by the way.
    Reply to Novuake
  39. Novuake said:
    Ah yes sorry, you said that earlier. You could consider changing you load line(load calibration on some boards) to level 1 or 2. 1 being very stiff with very little voltage dips or increasing and 2 being a little less stiff. This can help you get more out of the chip. i prefer level 2 by the way.

Ah, that is good to know. I will def. check that out.
    Reply to ehresmann
  40. I have a question guys,

on what voltage will a 4.2ghz overclocked asus maximus v gene and a i7 3770k will be compatible?

do the regular voltage be enough for a 4.2ghz overclock? thanks guys.
    Reply to cooltrix08
  41. cooltrix08 said:
    I have a question guys,

on what voltage will a 4.2ghz overclocked asus maximus v gene and a i7 3770k will be compatible?

you what?
    do you even understand the basics of overclocking? honestly, if you don't know, don't try.
    your i7 wont bottleneck any graphics card out there, no real need unless your doing high
    end video rendering, and you can very easily make that i7 a $300 paper weight.
    Reply to masterman467
  42. cooltrix08 said:
    I have a question guys,

as for an answer to the question, i dont think 4.2 is possible on stock volts. i dont have one, so idk what it should be at. just go through the process of upping your multiplier, run prime95, it crashes, up volts, prime95, exc.
    Reply to masterman467
  43. cooltrix08 said:
    I have a question guys,

Do some research, then come back! :)
    Reply to amuffin
  44. Take 2:

Name: iTzSnypah
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme x6800
    Motherboard: MSI P35 Diamond (although MSI's website says its called the P35 Platinum)
    CPU Voltage: Set at 1.4625v, however only getting 1.416/1.424v.
    CPU Bus Speed/Multiplier: 356 x 10
    Clock Speed: 3.56Ghz
    RAM: 4Gb DDR3-1068
    Validation: http://valid.canardpc.com/2629783

Gah I had to pump tons of Voltage to get extra 360mhz. Having no LLC is sigh ugh. Oh and I was overclocking backwards. At 266x13 (3.58Ghz), I had to go up to 1.4875v to be stable however at 356x10 (3.56Ghz) 1.4625v was stable, weird. Maybe tomorrow I'll try for 3.8.

http://i.imgur.com/nDnO1.png
    Reply to itzsnypah
  45. itzsnypah said:

Gah I had to pump tons of Voltage to get extra 360mhz. Having no LLC is sigh ugh. Oh and I was overclocking backwards. At 266x13 (3.58Ghz), I had to go up to 1.4875v to be stable however at 356x10 (3.56Ghz) 1.4625v was stable, weird. Maybe tomorrow I'll try for 3.8.

http://i.imgur.com/nDnO1.png

you sure that many V's are safe? what do your temps hit?
    Reply to masterman467
  46. masterman467 said:
    you sure that many V's are safe? what do your temps hit?

I read as many reviews as I could on the X6800 and a few reviews said 1.6v is safe max on air (one said 1.7) (my board goes to 2.2v lol). My load temps are wierd. I've stablility tested it a few times and I get either 68c max or 74c. Even though I have it set for 1.4625v, Load I only get 1.416/1.424v. I enabled Speed Step so most of the time it's running at 356x6 (2.13ghz) at stock voltage (1.28v).
    Reply to itzsnypah
  47. Name: Tecboy99
    CPU: intel i5 2500K
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro-4
    CPU Voltage: 1.36
    CPU Bus Speed/Multiplier: 100/48
    Clock Speed: 4.8GHz
    RAM: 12GB Crucial DDR3-1600
    Cooling: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer

Reply to tecboy99
  48. tecboy99 said:
    Name: Tecboy99
    CPU: intel i5 2500K
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro-4
    CPU Voltage: 1.36
    CPU Bus Speed/Multiplier: 100/48
    Clock Speed: 4.8GHz
    RAM: 12GB Crucial DDR3-1600
    Cooling: Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8214/8340374806_7728bf9287_b.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8362/8340374314_74001eab7a_h.jpg

ever hear of gyazo... http://gyazo.com/ for screencaps that dont look like sheet. nice oc too.
    Reply to masterman467
  49. masterman467 said:
    ever hear of gyazo... http://gyazo.com/ for screencaps that dont look like sheet. nice oc too.

Thanks!

Happy friday :D
    Reply to tecboy99
  50. Name: HoracioPz
    CPU: Intel i5 2500k
    Motherboard: ASRock z68 extreme7 gen3
    CPU voltage: 1.3v
    CPU Bus Speed/Multiplier: 100x45
    Clock Speed: 4.5ghz
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 1600mhz CL 9 (XMP profile)
    Cooling: Custom WC Loop 360 RAD for GPU + CPU.

Validation on my sign

Picture of stability :D

Reply to horaciopz
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Overclocking CPUs Intel b940