WD 2TB USB 3.0 - 29.99 (Too good 2 Be True?)

Hello everyone,
This is my first post on the forum.

Good news: I just bought a Western Digital My Book 2TB USB 3.0 HDD off eBay! :D

Bad news: It cost $29.99USD :??:

Even worse news: It's coming from China. :(

I literally went in Best Buy today and saw the EXACT same HDD for $199USD! :sweat:

What do you guys think? Scam or stolen goods? Or virtual pre black friday sale from China? :pfff:

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Digital-My-Book-2TB-External-Hard-Drive-3-0USB-/170732333444?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c070a984#ht_2218wt_932
12 answers Last reply
More about good true
  1. It should be good because the seller got 99.4 percent possitive feedback thats really good, i think it will be good
  2. I hope so, but it seems like one of those cases where it's too good to be true. I'll keep everyone posted on when it arrives....
  3. You should get Paypal protection anyway if it bombs.
  4. Something's fishy somewhere...
  5. I don't like buying from china. Their shipping rates to the USA are much cheaper than having to send it back to China. If it's defective, you will be better off eating the loss, than paying to ship it back.
  6. jr1096 said:
    Hello everyone,
    This is my first post on the forum.

Good news: I just bought a Western Digital My Book 2TB USB 3.0 HDD off eBay! :D

Bad news: It cost $29.99USD :??:

Even worse news: It's coming from China. :(

I literally went in Best Buy today and saw the EXACT same HDD for $199USD! :sweat:

What do you guys think? Scam or stolen goods? Or virtual pre black friday sale from China? :pfff:

Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Digital-My-Book-2TB-External-Hard-Drive-3-0USB-/170732333444?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c070a984#ht_2218wt_932

hello,and thanks for posting this.i actually bought this last night.paid for it right away.and today i received a message from ebay saying the item got taken down due to it being counterfeit. i sent ebay a message asking whether i should wait to receive it to make sure its real or not. or what to do now in order for me to get my money back.please post any news you have about this.thanks

heres the actual message i got:

We're writing to let you know that this listing for an item you won or bid on is no longer available:

170732335751 - NEW Western Digital My Book 2TB External Hard Drive 3.0USB

We understand this may be disappointing, but occasionally we need to remove listings. In this case, the listing was removed because the copyright or trademark owner of this product reported that the item may be counterfeit.

Here's more information on eBay's policy concerning replicas, counterfeit items, and unauthorized copies:
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/replica-counterfeit.html

Here's what you can do next:
    -- If you won the item but haven't paid, don't pay. Since eBay removed the listing, you're no longer obligated to go through with the transaction.
    -- If you received the item, you can open a case in the Resolution Center to get your money back. Click the link below and select the "I received an item that does not match the seller's description" option.
    http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com
    -- If you already paid for this item through eBay, and it's past the estimated delivery time, you can also open a case in our Resolution Center by selecting the "I haven't received it yet" option.

If the seller offers you the item outside of eBay, we strongly discourage you from accepting the offer. These types of transactions aren't covered by eBay buyer protection programs.

If you didn't pay through eBay or PayPal, and:
    -- You paid by Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400).
    -- You paid by check, contact your bank to stop payment.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
  7. Did you pay with PayPal? If so, what happened there?
  8. Yeah I did.I sent a message to ebay asking for assistance from them/opened up a case on the resolution center thing..and asked if I should wait to receive the item n checck if its legit or not.I'm still waiting for their reply.hopefully I get helped out.this has never happened to me.so my first step was to ask ebay. Anybody know what to do here? The seller actually had like 99.4 percent rating.I figured sure why not.its a seller from china btw.I looked up his ebay account,it shows up.but says he has no items for sale.

Ps: the sellers id is: skylu19890814
  9. All recent auctions have been removed. He sold a lot of cheap jewelry in British Pounds (a trick to get fast positive feedback). Then suddenly he has a WD HD in USD.

There's no telling what happened here, or why Ebay killed his account. You will just have to wait and see what happens....
  10. EBay/Paypal is generally good at resolving problems. The thing is it may take a week or longer to actually resolve it and get your CC or bank account credited. It easier if you have a CC linked to your paypal account rather than a bank account linked to your paypal account.
  11. i still havent gotten a reply from ebay,i paid with paypal through a credit card/bank card that i have linked to it.i just checked the persons ebay account and this is what it says now:

No longer a registered user

his stats:

Positive Feedback: 99.4%
    Feedback score: 163

.i dont understand,really confused,hes obviously been an ebay member,and has great rating and out of nowhere his ebay account gets closed,anybody know what the hecks going on here?mistake by ebay or what?

i also cant believe how ebays being so slow at replying back lol.

thanks for the replies by the way.
  12. Sorry for my late reply,

Turns out seller was a scammer. If you looked at his feedback record, he sold cheap, chinese bracelets for less than a dollar. All bought by the same 3 people. 140 plus times. Now all of the sudden, he's selling 2TB HDD's?

If the scam had gone through, we would have received a coin in the mail and some other stupid stuff which would have made it hard to get our money back.

I'm in the process right now of getting my money back. Go through Paypal, it shoulld be easier and quicker.

I was stupid to fall for this scam, and adding to the stupidity, there was a flood in Taiwan raising Hard Drive prices!
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Western Digital USB3 Storage Product