Closed Solved

Overclock menu hidden for i5-3570K

Hello,
In the gigabyte manual for GA-B75M-D3V it says that there shoud be a menu called "Real-Time Ratio Changes in OS" for example but I don't see it where it should be. The note says that it is visible for cpus that support it and I have the i5-3570K installed. What could be the problem ? I updated to the latest bios version (F5).
23 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about overclock menu hidden 3570k
  1. hey what mobo are you using?
  2. Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V rev 1.1
  3. woho, that's crappy mobo don't allow to OC your cpu well change it to the z77 chipset,
    you have a beast cpu.
  4. Thanks.
    But I don't understand. The manual clearly says that it should let me overclock and the latest bios version states clearly that it has better overclocking compatibility so how can it be that it does not support overclocking ?
    could it be that someone turned off some option on the board itself ?
  5. it will let you OC but i mean you are using a very cheapest mobo that is about $69 right! and your cpu about $240, using that mobo does not perform very well, even when you OC the cpu.
  6. go into the bios and see the option like RATIO.
  7. xtreme5 said:
    it will let you OC but i mean you are using a very cheapest mobo that is about $69 right! and your cpu about $240, using that mobo does not perform very well, even when you OC the cpu.


    I got that it's a crappy motherboard :) Will see into that. But you still didn't answer my question, do you know why or can you give any hint about why I don't see the overclocking options in the bios menu ?
  8. http://www.softepic.com/drivers/bios/gigabyte/gigabyte-gab75md3v-rev-10-bios-f5/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

    download this and then try, BTW i don't have much experience with B75 chipset hope someone will answer you exactly what's going wrong?
  9. could you take a picture of your bios screen and post it here.
  10. xtreme5 said:
    http://www.softepic.com/drivers/bios/gigabyte/gigabyte-gab75md3v-rev-10-bios-f5/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

    download this and then try, BTW i don't have much experience with B75 chipset hope someone will answer you exactly what's going wrong?


    I've already tried that... didn't work. But thanks anyway man for the quick replies ! I will see indeed if someone can know what's going on here.
  11. again i'm advising you better off to stay away from overclocking with this board otherwise it's up to you, would be going risky.
  12. That board looks to be the same quality as the P35-DS3L that overclocked like crazy for a "crappy" cheap motherboard.

    My only advice would be to make sure to cool the VRMs, maybe get some heatsinks for them as well.
  13. Best answer
    The B75 chipset does not allow for overclocking I don't believe. I think you need Z75 or Z77.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1155

    You do NOT use the Bclk to overclock a Sandy or Ivy bridge CPU it can damage your whole system.
  14. anort3 said:
    The B75 chipset does not allow for overclocking I don't believe. I think you need Z75 or Z77.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1155

    You do NOT use the Bclk to overclock a Sandy or Ivy bridge CPU it can damage your whole system.

    B75 Doesn't allow overclocking.
  15. that's what i'm trying to say to the OP but may be he don't believe me.
  16. xtreme5 said:
    that's what i'm trying to say to the OP but may be he don't believe me.

    You're saying he's got a crappy board, not anything about his chipset not supporting overclocking.
  17. amuffin said:
    You're saying he's got a crappy board, not anything about his chipset not supporting overclocking.


    Thanks all for the replies. I think I'm gonna replace it with a GA-Z77-D3H which should be good enough right ?
  18. It should allow you to overclock. I have not used that specific board but I usually do use Gigabyte boards in my personal computers. I have never been disappointed by one.
  19. Gigabyte has great motherboards! Yes that board will let you OC. :D
  20. amuffin said:
    Gigabyte has great motherboards! Yes that board will let you OC. :D

    MSI are even better and easy for overclocking :wahoo:
  21. xtreme5 said:
    MSI are even better and easy for overclocking :wahoo:

    Not exactly.
  22. Best answer selected by cesee.
  23. the only thing that mobo will do is increase CPU Ratio to x36, y have the HD3 version rev 1.0 and i cant' OC ... an let me tell you the max speed im having with my CPU is 3791Mhz ... never get to 3800Mhz ... and all the clocks are missed up !! memory 800mhz ?? no 798mhz and the list goes on ...
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets Overclocking Intel i5