My xbox wireless controller wont show on my laptop

Hi, my xbox 360 wireless controller wont show on my laptop, I am using the usb charger and i have installed xbcd, when i insert the usb , nothing shows up on windows, my controller just charges(boooooooooring) can anyone help me?
4 answers Last reply
More about xbox wireless controller wont show laptop
  1. Quote:
    Hi, my xbox 360 wireless controller wont show on my laptop, I am using the usb charger and i have installed xbcd, when i insert the usb , nothing shows up on windows, my controller just charges(boooooooooring) can anyone help me?

can anyone hu replies please say any software that i may need to install, no viruses or malware please!
  2. Why would you want to use a clunky oversized xbox controller on your laptop anyway ?

You will need some driver software to get it to work (if its possible at all). I know some people use the controllers on PC's but not sure if they need special software or modding.
  3. The charging cord for the wireless 360 controller offers no means of connectivity. it is only for charging. if you want a Microsoft 360 controller on your pc, you will be purchasing a wired controller.
  4. I had the same problem is you did. I talk to one of the representaves of microsoft and they told me that I needed an adapter that receives the signal from my wireless controller, it's called Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver. I got mines here. Look at the link, hope it helps. After I purchased the receiver my xbox controller was working but I also needed to purchase xpadder to it can configure my keyboard and mouse to play with some games like call of duty world at world that is made for a keyboard and mouse. Have a nice day.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000HZFCT2/ref=pd_luc_mri?_encoding=UTF8&m=APTTFM1G1FSJ9&v=glance
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Wireless Laptops Controller USB