Psycho rider Radbox project - page 4

205 answers Last reply
  1. And where there isn't a way, there's me making one :)
    hence my tagline
    Moto
  2. Quote:

Holy s#$% that is awesome. Too bad it's $300 :/ Worth it though I guess.
  3. Your Rad Box is infectious Moto, I decided to change my setup and use a Rad Box for my radiators to cool the GPUs instead of it being one loop, I hope you are satisfied! :)

I gutted an old Super Micro server case to do it in.
  4. Good man hehe, I finished modding my first card this morning, its now an Asus 6950 2GB DCIIH20, <<< Yes, DCII is the Asus supercooler, and I modded it to have an EK supreme underneath it,
    I'll do the second one later today
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/272443-11-asus-6950-dcii-plan

I'm just off to wire these into the radbox so I'll be busy today hehe :P

Rubix was saying about taking a sabbatical and collaborating, I think you should be in on it too hehe

Moto
  5. 4Ryan6 said:
    Your Rad Box is infectious Moto, I decided to change my setup and use a Rad Box for my radiators to cool the GPUs instead of it being one loop, I hope you are satisfied! :)

I'm thinking about making one too. All I need is, everything :P
  6. good luck with that, I will be watching with anticipation for the outcome of your project, seems to be a lot of inspiration going around here lately, I blame moto he is very inspiring, it's hard not to want to try for yourself, something new, something different. I'm not saying it's a bad thing in fact it is a good thing to be motivated to do something new and learn from it what you can.
  7. Since we got the dedicated watercooling forum setup and some solid, long-term contributing members we've seen a lot of these ideas being cultivated, discussed and shared.

I definitely agree; creativity and idea sharing really can become contagious.
  8. ^ agreed +2, and now I've come to realize that my "new" junk build revival is from modo's inspiring survival knife workarounds :D hehe
  9. I'm tired tonight and still have my other card to do so sorry if the captions are short, or not in my usualy brevity :P

Radbox,

The fourteen Xspc 2000Rpm fans

One down,

I'm not taking a photo of every damn fan going on... they are looking beefy hehe

I kind of forgot about pictures for a couple of hours while I filled,bled, topped up etc, QDC's looped back and walk away :P

Cables aren't finished, once the main rig is done and can be hooked up to the power/tubing then I'll do my thing on them, just Cba tidying them to redo once I have to move one and theres plenty of room under the rads to stuff them all :)

Cathodes are in,

and work...

And thats me for tonight, if I'm back later it'll be on the netbook or my phone

Moto
  10. It looks a lot smaller once you get all that gear packed inside there. :)
  11. Yup, imagine if I'd gone for the Rx's :P
    Done the other card now, finish that in the morning then its strip the Rig and fit it all together,
    hopefully be back up and running by tomorrow night,
    Moto
  12. Quote:
    Yup, imagine if I'd gone for the Rx's

Yeah, you would have just made a larger box.
  13. be sure to take a pic of the light coming through the fans/rad :)

oi, when you flushing rads?
  14. Sorry, couldn't help myself...he left that one wide open for a response like that. :D
  15. Lights not strong enough to see through through two fans and a high fpi rad, it does show through the res window though
    flushing will take place once its all hooked up and I will flush the whole rig in the usual way, leaktesting at same time :)
    thats the beauty of my designs lol, I can't leaktest outside the rig
    clamp the loopover between the two T-virus resses and fix the feed/drain lines (temporarily fixed at end of T-viruses) into a bucket of distilled/white vinegar (90%/10%) turn on and leave for a few hours.

@Rubix, true true :-)
    Moto
  16. Quote:
    @Rubix, true true :-)

Just had to give you a good ribbing...

Looking good, though. I want to see this thing in action.
  17. It's a nice box for sure, but I'd like to take a sander to it and then give it some more paint :)
  18. Proximon said:
    It's a nice box for sure, but I'd like to take a sander to it and then give it some more paint :)

im sure he will, hes not finished. btw, nothing pc related is ever finished
  19. Reminds me of the guy that showed up and posted all the 'Frank-n-Stein' pics, but I did like Frank better than that one. If I had the cash and the need (ok, not need...just the cash) I'd love to build a massive multi-system rack like that, complete with NAS, networking, audiophile system, etc.

That's a lot of money.

That I would love to be able to spend.
  20. rubix_1011 said:
    Reminds me of the guy that showed up and posted all the 'Frank-n-Stein' pics, but I did like Frank better than that one. If I had the cash and the need (ok, not need...just the cash) I'd love to build a massive multi-system rack like that, complete with NAS, networking, audiophile system, etc.

That's a lot of money.

That I would love to be able to spend.

Become a rockstar and you can has all the pies in the world :3
  21. Yup, I'd like the Frankenstein build as well, very tidy build,
    I'm very tired, I won't paint/sand anymore as I'm going post-apocalyptic/firefly with it so can't be too tidy,
    cathodes not wired in yet as I haven't decided where I'm mounting the inverters (apart form not in the roofbox anymore)
    but shes back on my desk and looking like the deathstar's little cousin :P

cards temps are about level with Cpu now which hasn't changed any, still idling at 29-30'C

but they do look nice :P
    Gland shot, I know, cables hehe

You can see more of the tubing than I'd like but meh, such is life...

pre-strip mockup shot

I'm shattered but its done, next up, I'm building a Deathstar for an easy project lol
    Radbox project done,
    complete with Asus DCIIH20 mods < How many of them exist?
    Hope you all enjoyed the shenanigans, I'll look back in a day or two and know I did
    Moto
  22. good job moto
  23. hmmm, shroud intact but the real deal is with the reverse engineered cooling - i like!
  24. That is pretty awesome :)

<---------------- = My face after looking at it complete.
  25. Finally new fap material :)
  26. Good stuff :)
  27. Indeed.
  28. 4Ryan6 said:
    Your Rad Box is infectious Moto, I decided to change my setup and use a Rad Box for my radiators to cool the GPUs instead of it being one loop, I hope you are satisfied! :)

Just as a headsup, Ryan did indeed do a radbox, not only did he see a 40'C, yes a full forty degrees drop in LOAD temps on his cards, he also halved his Ice usage as well, damn fine result mate,
    Ry's build here
    Moto
  29. Posted a CPU temperature comparison at the bottom of the top post, check it out.

Moto your masterpiece looks fantastic! Ry
  30. Motopsychojdn said:
    Yup, I'd like the Frankenstein build as well, very tidy build,
    I'm very tired, I won't paint/sand anymore as I'm going post-apocalyptic/firefly with it so can't be too tidy,
    cathodes not wired in yet as I haven't decided where I'm mounting the inverters (apart form not in the roofbox anymore)
    but shes back on my desk and looking like the deathstar's little cousin :P
    http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/Motopsychojdn/Tomsdiagrams/IMAG0564.jpg
    cards temps are about level with Cpu now which hasn't changed any, still idling at 29-30'C
    http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/Motopsychojdn/Tomsdiagrams/IMAG0560.jpg
    but they do look nice :P
    Gland shot, I know, cables hehe
    http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/Motopsychojdn/Tomsdiagrams/IMAG0562.jpg

You can see more of the tubing than I'd like but meh, such is life...
    http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/Motopsychojdn/Tomsdiagrams/IMAG0559.jpg

pre-bleed shot
    http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/Motopsychojdn/Tomsdiagrams/IMAG0553.jpg

I'm shattered but its done, next up, I'm building a Deathstar for an easy project lol
    Radbox project done,
    complete with Asus DCIIH20 mods < How many of them exist?
    Hope you all enjoyed the shenanigans, I'll look back in a day or two and know I did
    Moto

looks like a freaking battletank with some heavy artillery!
    great job man!
  31. Thank you for following this and all the compliments guys :)
    I'm obviously the very happy owner of said machine which should be more than enough but its great to see that others appreciate it too
    Moto
  32. Yeah I'm using this build as inspiration for my next project after the one that I am currently starting to work on.
  33. Ordered the replacement fancontroller and the fan splitters so should be running at full capacity/silent running soon :)
    I finally get to tidy the cables in the radbox too :P
    Moto
  34. I received a Pm as to no updates,
    I have the splitters in but still need to sort my cables in the case as I put the inverters in but didn't hide the cables yet, I will try to get to it and post some pics over the weekend though :)
    I'm also adding another fancontroller I think
    Moto
  35. ^good luck!
  36. great job moto. I was worried in the beginning about the wood but it cleaned up nice. props to you
  37. Cheers man,
    I'm not too fussed about it looking clean and tidy as such anymore, its more that the mods I do are well executed than actual tidy, think steampunk, post-apocalyptic, Firefly verse.
    I'm bored and have some old fans kicking about so I'm going to shroud the fans up, if I remember right Martins testing showed push fans with shrouds to be the most effective,
    if I have twelve donor fans I'll shroud both sides though
    Thermal paste could do with revitalising I reckon, Might add the fire extinguisher res into things as well sometime soon
    While the box is on the ramp I'll also mod an old Hdd cooler (2x40mm fans) onto the fancontroller to help cool that off too, I've noticed when its on all low that the panel for it gets a touch warm, needs sorting hehe,
    **I'm actually thinking of remaking the front panel to allow another fancontroller to be added, ordered the shroud screws today, M3x55mm from Specialtech if anyone in the UK needs**
    Moto
  38. Prepped the fancasings/shrouds and rewired the Hdd coolers from molex to 3pin so I can control them off the fancontroller,

One down,

filed the rough bits off as well,

Whilst rewiring the coolers, my Supervisor Taz reminded me of the importance of taking a break, to fuss him.

Screws should be here tomorrow so brains planning it all out
    Moto
  39. looks good.
  40. Cat > Watercooling.
  41. Damn my rads were furry lol :P

I actually managed to get everything wet out of the radbox without having to drain/split the loop, it all came out the reservoir mounting hole

Heres my partition wall, I made cutouts at the front for the res to sit on, and at the rear for ducting access,

Carved out the fancontroller slot to full width

Drilled the new switchplate hole and trial mounted that and the f/c's

Well one set of shrouds on and, wtf? Cables?
    Grrr......

Just kidding :P I made them gone as you'd expect of me

I shortened the tubes from the main rig (again without draining the loop) and heres the box plugged back in to the mothership, ready to be flipped and the main rig put back on top,

The green stuff I've added btw is a doublesided foam sticky tape, it squishes and seals the box on my desk (cause my filings a bit Meh...)
    Thats that done, next up is the fire extinguisher res and re-doing the thermal paste, I think my cmos needs replacing so I'll do that at the same time
    Nice way to spend a day I reckon
    Moto
  42. Bah I thought you were gonna paint that a nice gloss green. Think of the cat hair as a dust trap ;)
  43. Hehe, Greens not my colour Proxi, especially gloss yuk,
    and yes, I'm now patenting cat fur as the ultimate airfilter system, 5% royalties your way for the idea mate :)
    Moto
  44. but green looks good imo.
  45. Anything that comes within a certain proximity of me mysteriously gets painted Matt Black :P
    'Cept my Warlock, thats still a mahogany red finish, Even I don't mess with a B.C.Rich hehe
    Moto
  46. Moto, After seeing your cat hair buildup, I guess I'd better check mine! :)

TAZ looked pretty comfy! ;)

One of our cats is not allowed any where near our computers, she's a wire muncher! :o

She's destroyed quite a few wires in her day, had to armor all the wires in the family room, to the entertainment center, she loves wires the size of USB cables, and can cut them faster than you can with a set of wire cutters, and I am not joking!

She has a wire fetish! :lol:

Ryan
  47. Motopsychojdn said:
    Anything that comes within a certain proximity of me mysteriously gets painted Matt Black :P
    'Cept my Warlock, thats still a mahogany red finish, Even I don't mess with a B.C.Rich hehe
    Moto

I hate glossy finishes Matt Black all the way! My brother chipped his Warlock (spider edition) and it brought tears to the eyes, things of beauty need to be respected.
  48. so did the shrouds help at all with temps?
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Graphics Cards Overclocking