Sign in with
Your question

External USB3 3TB drive shows 2 devices?

Last response: in Storage
24 September 2011 21:32:00

My Verbatim 3TB shows as 2 different drives in Windows 7 (64bit) disk management but also in bios.

Can I combine these drives to a single ~3TB drive?
25 September 2011 09:20:11

Did you format it or did the factory.
It could be it came formatted with a max partition of 2TB for compatibility with older systems so you have a second partition.
You may need to update your BIOS to use 3TB disks. That could be why you see two drives in device manager.
We will have to wait and see if anyone else with this motherboard is using 3TB disk and what they say.
Related resources
a b G Storage
25 September 2011 09:49:18

So, what happens when u format it?

Right click, format...
a c 415 G Storage
25 September 2011 10:07:24

A drive that's over 2TB must be partitioned using the GPT partition scheme. If you right-click the one of the drive boxes to the left of the partition map, you should have an option to repartition the drive as "GPT" instead of "MBR". If not, it could be a motherboard BIOS issue as Rainey suggests, or it could be that the later version of the chipset drivers would fix the problem.
25 September 2011 13:47:17

Rainey said:
Did you format it or did the factory.
It could be it came formatted with a max partition of 2TB for compatibility with older systems so you have a second partition.
You may need to update your BIOS to use 3TB disks. That could be why you see two drives in device manager.
We will have to wait and see if anyone else with this motherboard is using 3TB disk and what they say.

The disk was formatted by the factory for the reason you mention.
I do have a working ~4TB GPT partition (ICH10R 4x1TB), so I suppose the support is there. I assume a single disk >2TB is also supported, but I'm not sure.

Bios is up to date and there is a fix concerning big disks:
"P6T SE 0808 BIOS
1. Fix HDD size shown incorrectly if it's bigger than 2.2TB"

Chipset drivers are also up to date.

I have tried changing them to GPT, formatting, making them dynamic, spanning the disks. Nothing works. Not that I even want that solution, I just want one physical 3TB disk.

Seagate DiskWizard did not help, I did not see an option to change this property.

Please check this article, could it help somehow?
http://thetechjournal.com/electronics/seagate-3tb-barracuda-xt-hard-drive.xhtml

a c 415 G Storage
25 September 2011 15:20:25

Olotila said:

I'll bet that's what it is. I hate weird software for drives.

The last post in this thread: http://forums.seagate.com/t5/Barracuda-XT-Barracuda-Bar...
...suggests that you should be able to change the partition style from MBR to GPT and re-partition it using disk manager as I suggested above. But if you've ended up with some special drivers loaded you may have to remove them first.
25 September 2011 17:16:57

Ah what crazyness.

With DiskWizard 13 I was able to enable the full 3TB partition. Funny thing is, I was able to create 2 of them! I actually copied files to 2 different drives (both 3TB) :o 

Then I formatted other of those magical drives with Verbatim Disk Formatter and end result is one 3TB drive.
25 September 2011 17:35:47

Nvm, problem still persists
25 September 2011 18:31:46

Now I have 2x3TB disks. I do not understand it but I will copy them as full as possible. Perhaps they are magical ...
a b G Storage
25 September 2011 22:01:45

Buy one, get one free : )
a c 415 G Storage
26 September 2011 00:43:40

Please tell me the exact model number of your Verbatim drive so that I know which one to avoid... :ange:  (just kidding)
26 September 2011 00:49:53

sminlal said:
Please tell me the exact model number of your Verbatim drive so that I know which one to avoid... :ange:  (just kidding)

+1 to that
26 September 2011 01:21:16

Olotila said:
The disk was formatted by the factory for the reason you mention.
I do have a working ~4TB GPT partition (ICH10R 4x1TB), so I suppose the support is there. I assume a single disk >2TB is also supported, but I'm not sure.

Bios is up to date and there is a fix concerning big disks:
"P6T SE 0808 BIOS
1. Fix HDD size shown incorrectly if it's bigger than 2.2TB"

Chipset drivers are also up to date.

I have tried changing them to GPT, formatting, making them dynamic, spanning the disks. Nothing works. Not that I even want that solution, I just want one physical 3TB disk.

Seagate DiskWizard did not help, I did not see an option to change this property.

I now see the two partitions show as un-formatted. That could mean that your BIOS does not support a one drive/partition over 2 TB so it splits it. You then can not see that it may have been formatted by the factory once the BIOS splits it.

Have you tried to delete all partitions and create one large partition in Win 7.

Also what is the make and model of your motherboard. I though it was posted in my last reply but i guess i was thinking about a different post. With this info we may be able to tell if the motherboard chip-set supports 3TB drives.
a c 415 G Storage
26 September 2011 05:38:05

nikorr said:
Did u guys looked into this, looks like issue is addressed in depth here,

http://www.pcworld.com/article/235088/everything_you_ne...

The thing that bugs me about this article is this section:
Quote:
Another differentiator between the drives turned out to be the software. Hitachi includes a driver/partitioning utility (from Paragon Software) that allows you to utilize all 3TB in a single partition. By contrast, as of this writing, the Acronis software favored by Seagate and WD allows you to use the entire drive capacity, but only in separate 2.2TB and 800GB partitions. To create a single volume, you need to follow the previously mentioned tip about combining partitions using Windows dynamic disks.
Here's the thing: all versions of Windows 7 understand GPT partitions and they work just fine with a 3TB data drive. The partitioning utility built into Windows 7 (Disk Manager) will do exactly what you need to do without the need for whatever this software is. The really big unanswered questions here are:

(1) How does this software end up getting installed on the system? If you know that, then you could probably avoid having it installed in the first place, and

(2) If the software is installed, how do you get rid of it?
26 September 2011 18:32:31

Here is curent situation with "Verbatim USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Desktop Hard Drive 3TB" or "Model # 47662" or "The Magic Disk" as I like to call it.

I am copying files to MagicDisk_1, a little over 1,2TB so far. MagicDisk_A is not empty either.

At beginning it showed 2 separate disks, 2,2TB+0,8TB. BIOS shows 2 USB devices. I saw 2x3TB drives after I installed Seagate DiskWizard13. Then I was able to create continuous 3TB partitions with Windows own Disk Management.

My mobo is ASUS P6T-SE, bios and chipset up to date.

I do understand hard disks, motherboards and Windows 7 quite ok, but I do not fully understand the Verbatim's USB -system in between here. How can it show 2 different devices to BIOS and therefore for OS too? What program would analyze the relevant hardware here, I mean I would like to know how can one single 3TB disk contain 6TB of space :D 

Disk Management shows most of the needed information:

Here are properties of the drives

And here is the physical apparatus itself:

Here is what ChrystalDiskInfo says:
( http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-... )

(2) ST33000651AS
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enclosure : ST330006 51AS USB Device (V=0000, P=0000, sa1)
Model : ST33000651AS
Firmware : CC43
Serial Number : 9XK05FPQ
Disk Size : 3000.5 GB (8.4/137.4/3000.5)
Buffer Size : Unknown
Queue Depth : 32
# of Sectors : 5860533168
Rotation Rate : 7200 RPM
Interface : USB (Serial ATA)
Major Version : ATA8-ACS
Minor Version : ATA8-ACS version 4
Transfer Mode : SATA/300
Power On Hours : 31 hours
Power On Count : 12 count
Temparature : 48 C (118 F)
Health Status : Good
Features : S.M.A.R.T., AAM, 48bit LBA, NCQ
APM Level : ----
AAM Level : D0D0h [ON]
26 September 2011 18:40:47

sminlal said:
(1) How does this software end up getting installed on the system? If you know that, then you could probably avoid having it installed in the first place, and

(2) If the software is installed, how do you get rid of it?

Darn good questions! I would call Verbatim if I would not be so pessimistic about the chance of getting actual help on the phone or email. On the other hand I hope the engineer who designed this reads this and answers right here :D 

This is the software in question, I believe:
http://seagate.custkb.com/seagate/crm/selfservice/searc...
26 September 2011 23:59:36

I could not resist, I did email Verbatim. This is what they replied:

Quote:
To resolve this issue, Please follow the steps mentioned below :-
(#Note: Formatting the drive erases all the information stored on the drive)

Step 1: You have to initialize the disk to GPT partition table, Please use a third party utility to write zero's to the drive.
Step 2: Open disk management , Start menu> right click computer> click manage> click disk management
Step 3: Locate the verbatim drive on the lower right and right click on it to initialize the disk , Select GPt partition table.
Step 4: Right click on the black line and select New simple volume.
Step 5: follow the on screen instructions to create a single 3TB partition.

Your case no is : xxx
If you need any further assistance please call us on: xxx-xxx-xx and we will be happy to assist you.

Do you think this would work?

I am copying the drive full so I see what happens. I dont want to try this before I find that out.
a c 415 G Storage
27 September 2011 00:47:25

I didn't realize that this was an external USB drive. It's quite possible that it's the USB controller inside the drive that's presenting two devices to the host rather than software loaded into Windows itself. If so, I have no idea how you'd deal with that. I guess you'll just have to try the instructions in the e-mail to see what happens.
a c 288 G Storage
28 September 2011 13:42:00

I suspect that the reason that you can have an NTFS partition that is larger than the traditional 2TiB "limit" is that the external mass storage device uses 4KB LBAs rather than 512-bytes. This means that the actual capacity limit is 16TiB. That's why Windows XP can see the drive out-of-the-box. Notice that the drive's specs include Windows XP support, and that all the software, apart from USB 3.0 drivers, is included on the hard drive.

See this thread for an analysis of a Seagate 3TB GoFlex external HDD:
http://forums.seagate.com/t5/GoFlex-GoFlex-Desk-GoFlex-...

WD's 3TB externals also appear to be configured with 4KB LBAs.

Remember that the OS sees the external drive as a USB mass storage device rather than an actual hard drive.
29 September 2011 02:10:08

fzabkar said:
Remember that the OS sees the external drive as a USB mass storage device rather than an actual hard drive.

I know, and that is the part I really dont understand.

In that article there are curious mentions about specific bytes in HDD. They specify most of data structure contained in drives. Why can't I just wipe those bytes, instead of 3 000 457 228 288 of them?

Anyways, it was interesting to write 3,2TiB into 3TB drive :D . Magic did not last, the disk gave error about a folder not existing. After that, both magical drives displayd 0 bytes. Other disk went offline. After boot, there were the original 2TB and 1TB partitions. Yeah, and there was a moment disk properties showed 2,69TiB but all the folders contained only 190GiB :D 
a c 288 G Storage
29 September 2011 05:00:35

According to the following document, USB mass storage devices are accessed using SCSI commands.

Universal Serial Bus Mass Storage Specification For Bootability:
http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/usb_msc_boo...

The READ CAPACITY command returns the Block Length in Bytes, which in your case would probably be 4096, plus the total number of LBAs.

The MODE SENSE(10) command reports some dummy geometry information, including Number of Heads, Sectors per Track, Bytes per Sector, and Number of Cylinders.

The READ(10) and WRITE(10) commands access the device using LBAs, not sectors. In other words, they transfer 4096 bytes of data to and from the USB-SATA bridge chip, rather than transferring 512 bytes of data to and from the hard drive behind the bridge. Transfer to and from the HDD is governed by the ATA standard.

Working Draft AT Attachment 8 - ATA/ATAPI Command Set (ATA8-ACS):
http://www.t13.org/documents/UploadedDocuments/docs2008...

Here is a thread where someone has examined a WD 3TB external drive:

4k sectors and Linux:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware...
1 October 2011 14:44:46

fzabkar said:
According to the following document, USB mass storage devices are accessed using SCSI commands.

Universal Serial Bus Mass Storage Specification For Bootability:
http://www.usb.org/developers/devclass_docs/usb_msc_boo...

Thanks, I'm glad I get to learn new things about this. Pretty common "interface combination" and getting more common and I know next to nothing about this.

What I would need, is a tool to give these commands and try things out. Not sure these commands contain the things I need, namely to change the hard disks partitions. To write GPT specifically. Or to "disable" the second magical drive. I am not even sure in which level I should be working, the USB/SCSI commands, HDD partitions or USB controller firmwire.

I have had a sincere response from finnish Verbatim team, I am really appreciating that. While they have not so far been able to solve this issue, I trust this thing is being handled with capable hands!

No matter how much I nuke the thing, it still says to everybody it has 2 different devices inside. I cannot get around that, so I am inclined to believe the USB controller is configured to always display 2 devices. Can't trust the thing now for my data. If I could reset it somehow, I would. Now I would be happy to get even the factory settings back :D 

Reading the other two links, I do not see how they would help with this USB issue (even if I would understand half of it :) ). They seem to consentrate on the disk, not the USB controller. If the controller shows 2 devices, no matter what commands I give to disk, it goes conflicting somewhere somehow.

I hope I am wrong about the source of problem and this is actually very easy to solve, just dont see the solution yet :) 

BTW, nuking with zeros with USB3 gives throughoutput >300 000 MB/s and USB2 ~30 000 MB/s according to DBAN.
a b G Storage
1 October 2011 14:52:25

Olotila said:
My Verbatim 3TB shows as 2 different drives in Windows 7 (64bit) disk management but also in bios.

Can I combine these drives to a single ~3TB drive?

Hey Olotila,

Did u try to follow up with Verbatim?
1 October 2011 17:31:46

nikorr said:
Hey Olotila,

Did u try to follow up with Verbatim?

Do you mean this?

Quote:
Step 1: You have to initialize the disk to GPT partition table, Please use a third party utility to write zero's to the drive.
Step 2: Open disk management , Start menu> right click computer> click manage> click disk management
Step 3: Locate the verbatim drive on the lower right and right click on it to initialize the disk , Select GPt partition table.

I have been nuking the device for about a week now :) . It never completes, always some error but eventually no difference shows in Windows Disk Management. Been buzy GPT:ing too :) 

Besides, that answer shows two things. They did not understand the problem and they do not want me to "follow up". I know this because they do not acknowledge the fact there are two "disks" (magical 1 and magical A) and they give me a number that does not work in Finland. I do not know which Verbatim Support this was but it was not the Finnish one.

If I would know how to annihilate one or the other magic disk this problem would go away.
a b G Storage
1 October 2011 17:34:46

Olotila said:
Do you mean this?

Quote:

I have been nuking the device for about a week now :) 

It never completes, always some error but eventually no difference shows in Windows Disk Management.

Feel your pains : )
1 October 2011 18:08:35

nikorr said:
Feel your pains : )

Thank you, I am really glad this is mostly just hobby :D . I'll waste some time with this but most likely also learn something.
a b G Storage
1 October 2011 18:14:39

Olotila said:
Thank you, I am really glad this is mostly just hobby :D . I'll waste some time with this but most likely also learn something.

I think, this is good way to learn, can u return it and/or try WD or Seagate?
1 October 2011 18:43:20

nikorr said:
I think, this is good way to learn, can u return it and/or try WD or Seagate?

Well, this is not broken and those are more expensive. Could not find another USB3 drive even close to this price. Bought from Germany, plain HDD costs over 200e in Finland, when this whole device cost only 150e in Germany.
a b G Storage
1 October 2011 18:47:28

Just a thought ...

Good luck
1 October 2011 20:12:36

Did come to my mind also a few times ...

a b G Storage
1 October 2011 20:15:25

I bet it did : )
a c 288 G Storage
2 October 2011 06:25:14

Olotila, you say that "nuking with zeros with USB3 gives throughoutput >300 000 MB/s and USB2 ~30 000 MB/s according to DBAN".

Don't you mean 30MB/s for USB 2.0? As for USB 3.0, even 300 MB/s sounds impossible, as this would be more than double the maximum sustained transfer rate of any current HDD.

As for the two USB mass storage devices, I'm wondering whether Verbatim does things differently to Seagate and WD. Perhaps the bridge IC inside Verbatim's enclosure enumerates the external drive as a multifunction device. If so, then you will never succeed in combining the two drives, at least not at the hardware level.

The fact that BIOS sees the external drive as two devices would suggest that this is indeed occurring at the hardware level rather than via a Windows driver. One way to confirm this beyond doubt would be to examine the output of Microsoft's UVCView:
http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/USB_IDs/UVCView.x86.ex...

If you can get the above utility to run under your OS, then look for a single device with two "Mass Storage USB Device" Interface Descriptors.
2 October 2011 15:06:57

fzabkar said:
Olotila, you say that "nuking with zeros with USB3 gives throughoutput >300 000 MB/s and USB2 ~30 000 MB/s according to DBAN".

Don't you mean 30MB/s for USB 2.0? As for USB 3.0, even 300 MB/s sounds impossible, as this would be more than double the maximum sustained transfer rate of any current HDD.

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out! DBAN uses KB/s, my (1000 fold) mistake.

Just "sounding impossible" is nothing to my magic disk(s), see pics below.

fzabkar said:
The fact that BIOS sees the external drive as two devices would suggest that this is indeed occurring at the hardware level rather than via a Windows driver. One way to confirm this beyond doubt would be to examine the output of Microsoft's UVCView:
http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/USB_IDs/UVCView.x86.ex....

This is what UVCView says (using USB2 port). Not sure what to read there.

Nuking pics:

Beginning

USB2

Starting up, USB3

Impossible speed, USB3

a c 288 G Storage
9 October 2011 11:42:29

I was hoping someone would have an answer to your problem because I confess I don't have one.

FWIW, I see another discussion in this forum where a user of a 3TB WD external HDD is having problems reformatting his drive as FAT32. In his case the reason appears to be that his USB mass storage device is reporting 4KB LBAs. Yours, OTOH, appears to be reporting the traditional 512-byte LBAs. Furthermore, UVCView reports a wMaxPacketSize of 0x0200 (= 512) for your 3TB drive and 0x0400 (= 1024) for the WD user's 3TB drive. It appears that different manufacturers use different approaches.

I confess that I'm no expert when analysing UVCView's output. AISI, your report has a single USB mass storage device, yet your BIOS detects two USB drives. To see whether this is to be expected, I decided to do some experimenting of my own.

My Canon printer/scanner/copier has two slots for memory devices, namely CF and SD cards. UVCView detects a single USB device with 3 Interface Descriptors -- a printer, a device which I believe is the scanner, and a single USB mass storage device.

I also have a Transcend card reader with multiple slots. UVCView reports only one interface descriptor for a single USB mass storage device. In Device Manager I also see only the one USB mass storage device under USB Controllers. However, I see 3 removable devices (TS0MFLRD7) under Disk Drives, and 3 more under Storage Devices. I also see 3 drive letters in My Computer.

Therefore ISTM that your external drive may have an "intelligent" bridge IC that is emulating two separate drives. Otherwise I can't see any way for a 3TB NTFS drive, with 512-byte LBAs, to be usable with Windows XP, as is, straight out of the box.
a c 415 G Storage
9 October 2011 23:28:53

This page on the Western Digital web site says the following:

Quote:
USB attached storage solution providers have solved many of the issues associated with Large Drives within the USB Bridge firmware. Some present large capacity drives as single drive using larger sector sizes while others present the large capacity drive as more than one or more smaller drives to the host. Please consult the solution provider for their solution availability and implementation details.

It sounds very much to me like the OP's drive is the latter, and if that's true then there's nothing he's going to be able to do about it because it's not a question of partitioning the disk itself, it's a question of how the USB bridge chipset handles requests for I/O to particular sector numbers.

In fact this whole thing is kind of messy. The strategy I'd prefer is the one where the USB bridge chipset remaps the drive into 4Kbyte sectors, since it lets you access the whole disk as a single volume. But if you use that approach, you won't be able to directly connect the bare drive via SATA later on because the sector mapping will be all screwed up.

Until the USB mass storage protocol is updated to allow for larger sector numbers it looks like USB-connected 3TB+ drives are always going to be a little screwy.
a c 288 G Storage
10 October 2011 03:18:04

Nice find, sminlal! That explains a lot.

Maybe Olotila could show the article to Verbatim's tech support team and ask them for Verbatim's "implementation details". ;-|

BTW, some of the grammar on that page is awful.
12 October 2011 01:05:41

I have suspected something like that.

I hope Verbatim comes clear about this so I can stop strugling with this.

The disk still shows 2 devices, both 3TB. I would be happy to get it back to original state, but have no way of knowing how to do it.

The first Verbatim support told me to nuke the disk, but nuking does not succesfully complete with DBAN or Seagete Diskwizard. Nor does full format. Tired of doing things that do not work :) 

a c 415 G Storage
12 October 2011 03:24:40

I wonder if removing the disk from the enclosure and connecting it to a SATA port on your system would help? That you let you see for sure that the sector size and partition layout is, and you could repartition the drive without the USB chipset getting in your way.

Of course removing the drive from the enclosure would almost certainly void the warranty...
a c 288 G Storage
12 October 2011 06:13:00

I suspect that the enclosure's firmware is hard coded to present the mass storage device as two physical drives, in which case it wouldn't respect any such partitioning arrangement.
a c 415 G Storage
12 October 2011 08:41:14

fzabkar said:
I suspect that the enclosure's firmware is hard coded to present the mass storage device as two physical drives, in which case it wouldn't respect any such partitioning arrangement.
I understand that. The problem is that he seems to have ended up with bad partition tables in each of the simulated drives, both of which claim to have 3TB of space. I'm thinking that by connecting the drive directly to a system he might be able do something about that. Perhaps if he simply zeroed all the sectors on the drive and then put it back into the enclosure he'd then be able to properly initialize it as 2TB and 1TB disks.
a c 288 G Storage
12 October 2011 13:09:18

Sorry, I should have paid more attention.
12 October 2011 21:07:01

sminlal said:
I understand that. The problem is that he seems to have ended up with bad partition tables in each of the simulated drives, both of which claim to have 3TB of space. I'm thinking that by connecting the drive directly to a system he might be able do something about that. Perhaps if he simply zeroed all the sectors on the drive and then put it back into the enclosure he'd then be able to properly initialize it as 2TB and 1TB disks.

Yes, I've thought about that a few times. And no, I'm not ready to void the warranty yet. I'll wait for the Finnish Verbatim support to contact me before doing that.

What a mess. I hope manual would have warned against trying to combine the two magic disks.
3 November 2011 21:47:48

Verbatim support told me that the chip inside the case didn't have anything to do with the issue and the firmware of the drive caused it to display two USB devices. I tried to argue that this is unlikely, but they didn't want to help me (they told me I was asking about production internals they could not reveal because they do not make the drives). So I opened the case and checked and found out that it is indeed, just as I thought, the controller inside the case that "splits" the hard drive into two devices. When the drive is hooked up over SATA, it is possible to access the 2 TB part of it because it is the beginning of the hard drive. The second part (800 GB) is not accessible though, because it is not a partition, but a "second drive". What this means is that after the 2 TB mark, there is a new partition table that cannot be accessed because no software expects a second MBR/GPT to be there. It might still be possible to access the data on that part of the disk with special tools, maybe an imaging software that can turn the second part of the drive into an image of a separate drive and then that image could be accessed. But I haven't tried any of that.

After fiddling around quite a bit more, I fixed the original issue though. Jmicron provides firmware updates for the JMS539 chip inside the Verbatim case. I don't know if Verbatim just shipped an older version or a modified version, but after the update, the drive can be formatted as one large partition. The updates can be found here: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/jmicron.htm
It might be necessary to hook up the drive to a USB 2 port for the update to succeed. If you don't have Windows, use a friend's computer to perform the update (nothing needs to be installed) or use the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows (http://www.ubcd4win.com/)

I hope that helps. By the way, my case contained a Hitachi drive if that makes any difference (it shouldn't because the chipset inside the case is modified, not the drive).
3 November 2011 23:38:59

Noonian Soong said:

After fiddling around quite a bit more, I fixed the original issue though. Jmicron provides firmware updates for the JMS539 chip inside the Verbatim case. I don't know if Verbatim just shipped an older version or a modified version, but after the update, the drive can be formatted as one large partition. The updates can be found here: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/jmicron.htm

Wow, that did it! Now I have just one 3TB partition and it is functioning nicely. Firmware update did not even delete any data, the magicdisk1 just vanished.

Thank you!
a c 415 G Storage
4 November 2011 00:04:17

Noonian Soong said:
Jmicron provides firmware updates for the JMS539 chip inside the Verbatim case. I don't know if Verbatim just shipped an older version or a modified version, but after the update, the drive can be formatted as one large partition. The updates can be found here: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/jmicron.htm
Wow, that bit of information is a real treasure. Many thanks for posting it!
12 November 2011 00:12:13

Absolute gem!!!
17 November 2011 04:41:27

CAn you post a full tutorial on how you did this?

I already updated the firmware but im stuck from there on.