New Build with Win7 Blue Screened on Prime95

I built my own i7 on a P6Tse motherboard with 6GB RAM and a 4870/1GB using a Xigmatek Dark Knight cooler. I have installed the Windows 7 RC as the operating system (less than 20 minutes to install once I burned a working DVD and about 20 seconds to boot up).

Last night, I tried running a stress test using Prime95 and Speedfan to monitor the temps.

After it was running (on all 8 cpus - the joy of hyperthreading) for about an hour, the CPU temperature was still 54 C and the individual cpus were all running between 48 and 50 degrees. I left it running and, when I returned to it about three hours later I got a blue screen with some errors that went by too fast for me to read them. I suspect that this was an issue with Win7 (it seems a little flaky restarting from the screensaver). However, I would like to confirm this and report it to Microsoft. Does anyone know where any log files might have been created either from Windows, Prime95 and/or Speedfan ?

Also, while I know that a single hour is not a conclusive test of stability, is it likely to have been reporting accurate maximum loaded temperatures by then and is 54 degrees centrigrade a reasonable loaded temperature for my build ?
1 answer Last reply
More about build win7 blue screened prime95
  1. Your temperatures should have stabilized after about half an hour, probably less.

Blue screens are often ram related, try running a few passes of memtest first before you report it to microsoft.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems