Will a Gddr3 video card work on a ddr2 motherboard

title says it all. I need to buy 2 new video cards for my ddr2 gigabyte motherboard. and i am wondering if my gddr3 video cards will be compatable with the motherboard. as in will they fit on the motherboard and will they work once they are in
5 answers Last reply
More about will gddr3 video card work ddr2 motherboard
  1. the motherboard does not care what video memory the cards have aslong as its the right fit eg agp pcie etc

hell you could fit a GDDR5 based ATi 4850 into a Pentium 4/915 based system with DDR1 - its a totally independent thing
  2. You're question is not relevant to learn of compatibility.
    What is your motherboard?
    What are your video cards?
  3. It doesn't matter what memory you use for your video card. Your good to go!
  4. apache_lives said:
    the motherboard does not care what video memory the cards have aslong as its the right fit eg agp pcie etc

hell you could fit a GDDR5 based ATi 4850 into a Pentium 4/915 based system with DDR1 - its a totally independent thing

true though i don't think they offer any card in agp with gddr5 :hello:

based on the info in your question there is no compatablity issue but for safety's sake whats the mb and card.
  5. ctbaars said:
    You're question is not relevant to learn of compatibility.
    What is your motherboard?
    What are your video cards?

im have a DDR2 1366+ motherboard , i dont know what video card compatible for my motherboard DDR2 1366+.. Pls. help me thank you much
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets DDR2 Graphics Cards Motherboards