How to connect 2 pcs with 3 monitors

To elaborate, I have 3 monitors 17'', 19'', 22''.

The 19'' is connected to my main pc.
The 17'' to my second pc.

I want to have the 22'' connected to both and be able to switch it manually, depending on what Im doing/which pc Im working.

So, Ive searched a bit and the kvm switches I found is to connect 2 pc's in 1 monitor, while I want the opposite. If anyone knows the type of switch I need and maybe post one from newegg or any other page, that would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.
4 answers Last reply
More about connect monitors
  1. The only setup I can think of is to use a 22" display that can accept inputs from multiple sources. My HP w2228h for instance accepts input via its DVI, HDMI, and VGA ports.

So I'd connect one computer to, say, the DVI port, and another computer to the HDMI or VGA port. Then it's a simple matter of using the display controls to switch it between HDMI or DVI mode.
  2. +1

That's how I run my work setup.
  3. or use a VGA switch box... As the poor guy already has the 22" monitor. If he when out and bought a 2nd one.. well then he would have 2 monitors per p.c!!!???

Not sure if i may post this...
    http://www.revealcable.co.uk/acatalog/info_AA_1700.html
    something as simple and cheap as this will sort you mate!

R
  4. As the others said that 22" should have DVI and VGA so you can just connect one computer to each input and then just press the input button on the monitor to switch between the two.

On a side note, you could check out Synergy (free program - synergy2.sourceforge.net)

"Synergy lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard between multiple computers with different operating systems, each with its own display, without special hardware. It's intended for users with multiple computers on their desk since each system uses its own monitor(s).

Redirecting the mouse and keyboard is as simple as moving the mouse off the edge of your screen. Synergy also merges the clipboards of all the systems into one, allowing cut-and-paste between systems."

Not sure if that's relevant to you or if you already have it but I'd feel bad if you could use it and I didn't mention it! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Connection Switch Monitors Components