Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Email sending problem

Tags:
Last response: in General UK & Ireland Discussions
18 July 2010 04:27:58

I just tried sending an email to my girlfriend, I put her email address in by clicking on 'To' and her name came up along with her email address in < > but when I clicked 'Send' after finishing composing the message I got a message "There was a problem", something about adding an address in the 'To' field but I had already done this, I tried again but got the same result, what's gong on?

More about : email sending problem

a b 1 Email
18 July 2010 14:09:20

Big_Bad_John said:
I just tried sending an email to my girlfriend, I put her email address in by clicking on 'To' and her name came up along with her email address in < > but when I clicked 'Send' after finishing composing the message I got a message "There was a problem", something about adding an address in the 'To' field but I had already done this, I tried again but got the same result, what's gong on?

[#0005ff]If typing the address in manually doesn't make it work, change the handler to a better one. If you're currently using Outlook or Outlook Express, try Mozilla Thunderbird from http://www.mozilla.com. You can import all your settings and existing stored mail and it works better than the Microsoft offerings. [/#000ff]
18 July 2010 17:50:13

Big_Bad_John said:

Try removing the <> from the address.

Ie. <john.doe@test.com> to john.doe@test.com

After that Outlook might resume using the first letter of her e-mail address when you type it in at the TO field.
Related resources
19 July 2010 01:39:32

Are you putting .com or .net at the end.

Such as Girlfriend@verizon.net or Girlfriend@yahoo.com? Take out any other unnecessary characters.
19 July 2010 19:02:51

Ahhh... Right. Did you start to type her name and then have Outlook complete the rest?

You need to check the details for your GF in the contacts entry. You will probably find that her name is <GF@site.com> but that her actual e-mail address is something else completely, quite possibly just her name. Outlook can get it mixed up at times. Check the details and amend. That or delete her as a contact and add her again.

Absolute fall back.. get her to send you a mail and reply to that. I have a nice simple address at work and frequently find clients have given me the wrong address if I have had problems mailing them. Get them to mail me to find out what there address really is.
20 July 2010 21:40:36

Switch to Thunderbird. Outlook is so bad that even Satan is not prepared to use it.

Then again, all of Hell is operating off either Linux or Mac...
24 February 2011 02:10:48

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey