RIS installation and Marvell Yukon Ethernetcontroller

I tried to install via RIS WinXP on a Motherboard with a Marvell Yukon
Gigabit ON Board Ethernet controller for the first time. I copied yk51x86.sys
and yk51x86.inf to the i386 Directory with the result

"The operating system image you selected does not contain
the necessary drivers for your network adapter."

I have had this problem several month ago with another Gigabit
Ethernetcontroller
( Broadcom if I remember right). There the reason was a known Problem with the
[Manufacturer] section of the .inf File (KB 823658). I have gotten a hotfix
for this problem from MS, which solved the problem at that time.

Is there a solution for the Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernetcontroller?

Thanks in advance!
2 answers Last reply
More about installation marvell yukon ethernetcontroller

    Remember that you need to add the $oem$ folder to your cd-based image. It
    goes to the same folder level as the i386 folder and the drivers go into
    both folders. *.pnf files may need to be removed if you are overwriting
    current file versions.

    My site has fairly granular instructions to supplement MS's:

    How to Add a Third-Party OEM Network Adapter to an RIS Installation
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315279

    http://www.mvps.org/serverstuff/

    --
    Scott Baldridge
    Windows Server MVP, MCSE

    "NIC Student" wrote:

    > Remember that you need to add the $oem$ folder to your cd-based image. It
    > goes to the same folder level as the i386 folder and the drivers go into
    > both folders. *.pnf files may need to be removed if you are overwriting
    > current file versions.
    >
    > My site has fairly granular instructions to supplement MS's:
    >
    > How to Add a Third-Party OEM Network Adapter to an RIS Installation
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315279
    >
    > http://www.mvps.org/serverstuff/
    >
    > --
    > Scott Baldridg
    > Windows Server MVP, MCSE

    Hello Scott,

    thank you very much for your answere. After putting yk51x86.sys
    and yk51x86.inf into $OEM$... the Yukon Ethernetcontroller was detected
    after switching vom PXE to SMB.
    What I don't understand is, why you have to put the drivers in i368 a n d
    $OEM$...

    Thanks a lot for help

    EDVPC2

Ethernet Controller Microsoft Windows