"You've been playing too much CoH when..."

Actually, I don't have any examples this time, but what I do have is
an article that remarks on that very phenomenon. It's not
specifically CoH-related, but then, CoH isn't the only game for which
this happens...

http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101,66225,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_2

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |
| http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
5 answers Last reply
More about playing when
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> wrote in

    > Actually, I don't have any examples this time, but what I do have is
    > an article that remarks on that very phenomenon. It's not
    > specifically CoH-related, but then, CoH isn't the only game for which
    > this happens...
    >
    > http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101,66225,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_2

    Good read :)

    I have to admit; I've often thought that it would be so much better for the
    environment if I could just toggle Super-Jump to get to the store in two
    leaps, rather than the incredible inconvenience of getting in my car :)

    --
    Marc Bissonnette
    CGI / Database / Web Management Tools: http://www.internalysis.com

    On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:13:55 GMT, Marc Bissonnette
    <dragnet@internalysis.com> wrote:

    >Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> wrote in
    >
    >> Actually, I don't have any examples this time, but what I do have is
    >> an article that remarks on that very phenomenon. It's not
    >> specifically CoH-related, but then, CoH isn't the only game for which
    >> this happens...
    >>
    >> http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101,66225,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_2
    >>
    >Good read :)
    >
    >I have to admit; I've often thought that it would be so much better for the
    >environment if I could just toggle Super-Jump to get to the store in two
    >leaps, rather than the incredible inconvenience of getting in my car :)

    I know some things wrong with me. When I go to mall I have to stay
    away from the rail or not look down because I feel the urge to jump to
    the lower levels.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Thus spake Marc Bissonnette <dragnet@internalysis.com>, Wed, 12 Jan 2005
    21:13:55 GMT, Anno Domini:

    >Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> wrote in
    >
    >> Actually, I don't have any examples this time, but what I do have is
    >> an article that remarks on that very phenomenon. It's not
    >> specifically CoH-related, but then, CoH isn't the only game for which
    >> this happens...
    >>
    >> http://www.wired.com/news/games/0,2101,66225,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_2
    >>
    >Good read :)
    >
    >I have to admit; I've often thought that it would be so much better for the
    >environment if I could just toggle Super-Jump to get to the store in two
    >leaps, rather than the incredible inconvenience of getting in my car :)

    ....when you start to navigate Dark Astoria without the map?
    ....when you know where *all* the shops are in Steel Canyon?
    ....when you hear the annoying sounds of certain powers in your head even
    after you've gone to bed?
    ....when you hear the annoying sounds of certain powers in your head even
    after you've modded them to go away?

    --
    No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again.
    Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit?

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote in

    > Thus spake Marc Bissonnette <dragnet@internalysis.com>, Wed, 12
    > Jan 2005 21:13:55 GMT, Anno Domini:

    <SNIP>

    > ...when you start to navigate Dark Astoria without the map?

    Interesting thing, we had snow and cold here in the Chicago area for
    the last few days, but today it hit almost 53 degrees in places.

    But, as it was warming up, we had some major fog.

    So while driving to my different remote locations, with the grey fog,
    and limitied visibility, I kept expecting the people to fade out as I
    approached them.

    > ...when you know where *all* the shops are in Steel Canyon?
    > ...when you hear the annoying sounds of certain powers in your
    > head even after you've gone to bed?

    At least I'm not hearing my cell phone anymore.

    > ...when you hear the annoying sounds of certain powers in your
    > head even after you've modded them to go away?

    You wake up from a night's sleep, you wonder why you aren't standing on
    the tram roof/war wall ledge/store floor?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 04:27:21 GMT, J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote:
    > Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> wrote in
    >> Thus spake Marc Bissonnette <dragnet@internalysis.com>, Wed, 12
    >> Jan 2005 21:13:55 GMT, Anno Domini:
    >
    > <SNIP>
    >
    >> ...when you start to navigate Dark Astoria without the map?
    >
    > Interesting thing, we had snow and cold here in the Chicago area for
    > the last few days, but today it hit almost 53 degrees in places.
    >
    > But, as it was warming up, we had some major fog.
    >
    > So while driving to my different remote locations, with the grey fog,
    > and limitied visibility, I kept expecting the people to fade out as I
    > approached them.
    >
    >> ..when you know where *all* the shops are in Steel Canyon?
    >> ...when you hear the annoying sounds of certain powers in your
    >> head even after you've gone to bed?
    >
    > At least I'm not hearing my cell phone anymore.
    >
    >> ...when you hear the annoying sounds of certain powers in your
    >> head even after you've modded them to go away?
    >
    > You wake up from a night's sleep, you wonder why you aren't standing on
    > the tram roof/war wall ledge/store floor?

    On a related note, there is at least one good thing about the missing
    glowie sound. It used to sound almost exactly like my fridge (which is a
    few years old admittedly). I think I may have gained some weight during
    the winter...

    good sign." -G

Video Games