# Cant boot CD on P3V4X or swap motherboard to another case

Have a firend who has this mboard and wants to swap it into a case that
currently has an ASrock mother board. He has tried swapping the moard
board and PS and also using MS Sysprep with the -freeze option. However
when He puts the P3V4x into theother case WinXP Pro will not boot. He
sees the boot selection menu and after selecting XP Pro the hard drive
is read for a couple of seconds and the system hangs. This aslo occurs
when the system was prepared with Sysprep while in the other case.

Also he is unable to boot off the CDROM (master) even if the device is
on the Primary channel as the only device, with it as the 1st bootable
device in BIOS. Have tried anothe CD ROM drive as well as IDE cable. No
luck will not boot off an XP bootable CD.

ANy sgguestions for either problem?
2 answers Last reply
More about boot p3v4x swap motherboard case

    However
    > when He puts the P3V4x into theother case WinXP Pro will not boot. He
    > sees the boot selection menu and after selecting XP Pro the hard drive
    > is read for a couple of seconds and the system hangs. This aslo occurs
    > when the system was prepared with Sysprep while in the other case.
    >
    > Also he is unable to boot off the CDROM (master) even if the device is
    > on the Primary channel as the only device, with it as the 1st bootable
    > device in BIOS. Have tried anothe CD ROM drive as well as IDE cable. No
    > luck will not boot off an XP bootable CD.
    >
    > ANy sgguestions for either problem?

    How big is this hard-drive you he has connected?
    p3v4x can't support anything above 100GB.
    Might also be worth defaulting the bios & try again (you've probably tried
    this anyway).

    I've experienced a similar problem in the past with my p3v4x. Disconnected
    everything from it, left overnight and for some mysterious (magical?) reason
    plugged it all back together the next morning and it fired into life without
    problem, can't explain it!

    --
    Nic.F

    Call me philosopher, poet and bard if you like, or if you don't, then who
    cares?

    In article <ce19oc$ao4$1@titan.btinternet.com>,
    wabbitNOSPAMkilla@btopenworld.com says...
    > How big is this hard-drive you he has connected?
    > p3v4x can't support anything above 100GB.

    Drive is only 20 GB I believe. Puny by todays standards.

    > Might also be worth defaulting the bios & try again (you've probably tried
    > this anyway).

    No haven't since we were so frustrated with Windows not booting up
    aftger taking all the time and trouble to run Sysprep on both of them

Asus Cases Boot Motherboards