Long term movie storage solution

hello,

i am trying to come up with an external device for storing the original
movie clips, because i can see that i will quickly run out of hard drive
space <smile>.
i want to be able to copy the movie clips from mini-dv tapes to something,
so that if i want or need to go back and get a specific clip i can just copy
it back to my hard drive and edit it or add it to a dvd <like having clips
from 2 events and putting them on one dvd movie>.

i'm thinking of buying an external Iomega Rev drive because you can continue
to purchase additional cartridges as you need them. is this a good choice or
do most people that want to save their original files, just keep the mini-dv
tapes that they are on?

thank you.
--
Indera
* * * * * * * * * *

    Keep the minidv tape, cheap and quality storage and have a good indexing and
    labelling system..

    --
    Graham Hughes
    MVP Digital Media

    "Dr. Indera" <dr.indera.bugoff@cant.spam.me> wrote in message
    > hello,
    >
    > i am trying to come up with an external device for storing the original
    > movie clips, because i can see that i will quickly run out of hard drive
    > space <smile>.
    > i want to be able to copy the movie clips from mini-dv tapes to something,
    > so that if i want or need to go back and get a specific clip i can just
    copy
    > it back to my hard drive and edit it or add it to a dvd <like having clips
    > from 2 events and putting them on one dvd movie>.
    >
    > i'm thinking of buying an external Iomega Rev drive because you can
    continue
    > to purchase additional cartridges as you need them. is this a good choice
    or
    > do most people that want to save their original files, just keep the
    mini-dv
    > tapes that they are on?
    >
    > thank you.
    > --