Iam getting 60fps with doom 3 and a Radeon 9600 pro ?

Its overclocked to the maxium, but never though it would manage 60fps
???

Though its not constant :), some times it gets to 20fps or less, but
the game is still more than playable.

Barton 2500 2.5ghz,, playing at 1024by768, all eyecandy turned on in
the Doom 3 menus.

If i had a x800 Pro i prob would be getting 50fps constant with my cpu
:), right ot wrong ?

Thanks for listening.

Bye.

HELLO NURSE.
6 answers Last reply
More about 60fps doom radeon 9600

    On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 03:38:37 +1000, OCZ Guy <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

    >Its overclocked to the maxium, but never though it would manage 60fps
    >???
    >
    >Though its not constant :), some times it gets to 20fps or less, but
    >the game is still more than playable.
    >
    >Barton 2500 2.5ghz,, playing at 1024by768, all eyecandy turned on in
    >the Doom 3 menus.
    >
    >If i had a x800 Pro i prob would be getting 50fps constant with my cpu
    >:), right ot wrong ?
    >
    >Thanks for listening.
    >
    >Bye.
    >
    >HELLO NURSE.

    Is your vcore oc to 1.75 ?

    because mine when i do so doom 3 start getting glich and all sort of triangle that make it
    impossible to play.

    So i let my system to 1.65v and fsb to 180mhz (360mhz)
    Seem like everything is relatedto the stability of the cpu on my system.

    The 60fps you report isn't accurate, you can bring your framerate up
    whenever you want by walking up to a wall or something. What matters is
    what you get in firefights or other difficult parts. That's where you see
    the broad range of performance people claim. I have a 9800pro/xp3200 and I
    report my framerate as 20-50's at 1024med settings.

    Mike

    "Mike P" <mike@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:
    > The 60fps you report isn't accurate, you can bring your framerate up
    > whenever you want by walking up to a wall or something. What matters is
    > what you get in firefights or other difficult parts. That's where you see
    > the broad range of performance people claim. I have a 9800pro/xp3200 and I
    > report my framerate as 20-50's at 1024med settings.
    >
    > Mike

    Exactly. It's easy to boast over frame-rates in "Far Cry" when
    nothing happens except for the whales mating in the sea. I was
    cranking "Halo" yesterday with my 9800 Pro and whenever I'd turn on
    the light in the darker levels of the game the frame-rate dropped 15
    to 30 frames depending on the situation. I saw situations under 20 in
    some cases at 1024 x 768 with the light on.

    > "OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
    > >
    > > Its overclocked to the maxium, but never though it would manage 60fps
    > > ???
    > >
    > > Though its not constant :), some times it gets to 20fps or less, but
    > > the game is still more than playable.
    > >
    > > Barton 2500 2.5ghz,, playing at 1024by768, all eyecandy turned on in
    > > the Doom 3 menus.
    > >
    > > If i had a x800 Pro i prob would be getting 50fps constant with my cpu
    > > :), right ot wrong ?
    > >
    > > Thanks for listening.
    > >
    > > Bye.
    > >
    > > HELLO NURSE.

    It's your minimum FPS that really matter, even my Geforce 2 video card can
    run up to like 35 FPS but still scores just 12 FPS on the timedemo....so its
    probably sometimes running as low as like 4 FPS

    "OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message

    > Its overclocked to the maxium, but never though it would manage 60fps
    > ???
    >
    > Though its not constant :), some times it gets to 20fps or less, but
    > the game is still more than playable.
    >
    > Barton 2500 2.5ghz,, playing at 1024by768, all eyecandy turned on in
    > the Doom 3 menus.
    >
    > If i had a x800 Pro i prob would be getting 50fps constant with my cpu
    > :), right ot wrong ?
    >
    > Thanks for listening.
    >
    > Bye.
    >
    > HELLO NURSE.

    Mobile 2500, 2,5ghz at a vcore of 1.75 :)

    No trouble with anygame i have played with it, just stops responding
    or frezzes completely in Doom 3 ?, prob a driver thin, using 4.9 betas
    :)

    Though it don't do it all the time every now and again.

    On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:14:21 GMT, "Mike P" <mike@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:

    >The 60fps you report isn't accurate, you can bring your framerate up
    >whenever you want by walking up to a wall or something. What matters is
    >what you get in firefights or other difficult parts. That's where you see
    >the broad range of performance people claim. I have a 9800pro/xp3200 and I
    >report my framerate as 20-50's at 1024med settings.
    >
    >Mike
    >
    >"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Its overclocked to the maxium, but never though it would manage 60fps
    >> ???
    >>
    >> Though its not constant :), some times it gets to 20fps or less, but
    >> the game is still more than playable.
    >>
    >> Barton 2500 2.5ghz,, playing at 1024by768, all eyecandy turned on in
    >> the Doom 3 menus.
    >>
    >> If i had a x800 Pro i prob would be getting 50fps constant with my cpu
    >> :), right ot wrong ?
    >>
    >> Thanks for listening.
    >>
    >> Bye.
    >>
    >> HELLO NURSE.

    HELLO NURSE.

    Yes, I have an xp2500@2310Mhz, 210fsb but it's easier to say xp3200. The
    game is more video card limitted than cpu as most are, as long as the cpu is
    xp2500 or better there shouldn't be a problem, and faster than an xp3200
    will have little benefit.

    > Mobile 2500, 2,5ghz at a vcore of 1.75 :)
    >
    > No trouble with anygame i have played with it, just stops responding
    > or frezzes completely in Doom 3 ?, prob a driver thin, using 4.9 betas
    > :)
    >
    > Though it don't do it all the time every now and again.
    >

    > On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 21:14:21 GMT, "Mike P" <mike@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:
    >
    >>The 60fps you report isn't accurate, you can bring your framerate up
    >>whenever you want by walking up to a wall or something. What matters is
    >>what you get in firefights or other difficult parts. That's where you see
    >>the broad range of performance people claim. I have a 9800pro/xp3200 and
    >>report my framerate as 20-50's at 1024med settings.
    >>
    >>Mike
    >>
    >>"OCZ Guy" <ModenMr@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> Its overclocked to the maxium, but never though it would manage 60fps
    >>> ???
    >>>
    >>> Though its not constant :), some times it gets to 20fps or less, but
    >>> the game is still more than playable.
    >>>
    >>> Barton 2500 2.5ghz,, playing at 1024by768, all eyecandy turned on in
    >>> the Doom 3 menus.
    >>>
    >>> If i had a x800 Pro i prob would be getting 50fps constant with my cpu
    >>> :), right ot wrong ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for listening.
    >>>
    >>> Bye.
    >>>
    >>> HELLO NURSE.