Doom 3 on Pentium III 450 mhz with FX5200... 20 to 50 FPS ..

Hello boys and girlz...

I was just playing with doom 3 alpha on my fricking PIII 450 mhz with
FX5200...

Just look at this screenshot ! =D I am getting 20 FPS to 50 FPS !!!!! =DDD

And for the first time.... I can actually here the sound play decently...
since the CPU now has enough juice !

I even have some other applications open =D

Also the animations look beautifull... that's probably going to be the best
thing about doom3... the animations... if the fps is high it's gonna be
great... !

A screenshot doesn't show how beautifull the flesh moves etc...

http://coolingfanboycott.freewebspace.com/Doom3with20to50FPS.JPG

Man I am gonna have so much fun with this =D

First I am gonna listen to all the sounds =D

I am really glad that I installed it again so now I can play with it at
decent frame rates ! =D and here the beautifull sound ! =D

Bye,
Skybuck.
3 answers Last reply
More about doom pentium fx5200

    "Skybuck Flying" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello boys and girlz...
    >
    > I was just playing with doom 3 alpha on my fricking PIII 450 mhz with
    > FX5200...
    >
    > Just look at this screenshot ! =D I am getting 20 FPS to 50 FPS !!!!! =DDD
    >
    > And for the first time.... I can actually here the sound play decently...
    > since the CPU now has enough juice !
    >
    > I even have some other applications open =D
    >
    > Also the animations look beautifull... that's probably going to be the
    best
    > thing about doom3... the animations... if the fps is high it's gonna be
    > great... !
    >
    > A screenshot doesn't show how beautifull the flesh moves etc...
    >
    > http://coolingfanboycott.freewebspace.com/Doom3with20to50FPS.JPG
    >
    > Man I am gonna have so much fun with this =D
    >
    > First I am gonna listen to all the sounds =D
    >
    > I am really glad that I installed it again so now I can play with it at
    > decent frame rates ! =D and here the beautifull sound ! =D

    It's...an alpha...

    "Danny" <danny__grant//@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Skybuck Flying" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello boys and girlz...
    > >
    > > I was just playing with doom 3 alpha on my fricking PIII 450 mhz with
    > > FX5200...
    > >
    > > Just look at this screenshot ! =D I am getting 20 FPS to 50 FPS !!!!!
    =DDD

    > > And for the first time.... I can actually here the sound play
    decently...
    > > since the CPU now has enough juice !
    > >
    > > I even have some other applications open =D
    > >
    > > Also the animations look beautifull... that's probably going to be the
    > best
    > > thing about doom3... the animations... if the fps is high it's gonna be
    > > great... !
    > >
    > > A screenshot doesn't show how beautifull the flesh moves etc...
    > >
    > > http://coolingfanboycott.freewebspace.com/Doom3with20to50FPS.JPG
    > >
    > > Man I am gonna have so much fun with this =D
    > >
    > > First I am gonna listen to all the sounds =D
    > >
    > > I am really glad that I installed it again so now I can play with it at
    > > decent frame rates ! =D and here the beautifull sound ! =D
    > >

    > It's...an alpha...

    This game is more flexible than a woman's tit... options options options
    options options and options =D

    Lol, truely a master piece that's for sure. =D

    "Danny" <danny__grant//@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Skybuck Flying" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello boys and girlz...
    > >
    > > I was just playing with doom 3 alpha on my fricking PIII 450 mhz with
    > > FX5200...
    > >
    > > Just look at this screenshot ! =D I am getting 20 FPS to 50 FPS !!!!!
    =DDD

    > > And for the first time.... I can actually here the sound play
    decently...
    > > since the CPU now has enough juice !
    > >
    > > I even have some other applications open =D
    > >
    > > Also the animations look beautifull... that's probably going to be the
    > best
    > > thing about doom3... the animations... if the fps is high it's gonna be
    > > great... !
    > >
    > > A screenshot doesn't show how beautifull the flesh moves etc...
    > >
    > > http://coolingfanboycott.freewebspace.com/Doom3with20to50FPS.JPG
    > >
    > > Man I am gonna have so much fun with this =D
    > >
    > > First I am gonna listen to all the sounds =D
    > >
    > > I am really glad that I installed it again so now I can play with it at
    > > decent frame rates ! =D and here the beautifull sound ! =D
    > >

    > It's...an alpha...

    I really wonder...

    How can anyone program something like that in 3 years or so ? or is it
    more...

    There must be some trick to that :)

    Skybuck.

Nvidia Pentium FPS Graphics