system protection file checker ask windows cd

dear sir/madam
when i run sfc /scannow command the program ask me to insert windows
installation cd
i have copied my installation cd to my computers hard disk . how can i use
this path for sfc command
5 answers Last reply
More about system protection file checker windows

    Hi Mayur Sharma,

    Open the registry editor and navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup
    Locate and double-click on "SourcePath" in the right-hand pane. Change the
    Value Data field to reflect that path to the install folder on your hard
    drive, then click on OK. Close the registry editor.

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Mayur Sharma" <Mayur Sharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > dear sir/madam
    > when i run sfc /scannow command the program ask me to insert windows
    > installation cd
    > i have copied my installation cd to my computers hard disk . how can i use
    > this path for sfc command

    Dear thank you very much for solution you provided to resolve my problem the
    information realy work and very easy to implement thank you again
    --
    Thanks and Regard
    Mayur.S

    "Patti MacLeod" wrote:

    > Hi Mayur Sharma,
    >
    > Open the registry editor and navigate to:
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup
    > Locate and double-click on "SourcePath" in the right-hand pane. Change the
    > Value Data field to reflect that path to the install folder on your hard
    > drive, then click on OK. Close the registry editor.
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Patti MacLeod
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >
    > "Mayur Sharma" <Mayur Sharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > dear sir/madam
    > > when i run sfc /scannow command the program ask me to insert windows
    > > installation cd
    > > i have copied my installation cd to my computers hard disk . how can i use
    > > this path for sfc command

    You're welcome :-)

    Regards,

    --

    > Dear thank you very much for solution you provided to resolve my problem
    the
    > information realy work and very easy to implement thank you again
    > --
    > Thanks and Regard
    > Mayur.S
    >

    > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Mayur Sharma,
    > >
    > > Open the registry editor and navigate to:
    > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup
    > > Locate and double-click on "SourcePath" in the right-hand pane. Change
    the
    > > Value Data field to reflect that path to the install folder on your hard
    > > drive, then click on OK. Close the registry editor.
    > >

    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > --
    > > Patti MacLeod
    > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > >
    > > "Mayur Sharma" <Mayur Sharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > dear sir/madam
    > > > when i run sfc /scannow command the program ask me to insert windows
    > > > installation cd
    > > > i have copied my installation cd to my computers hard disk . how can i
    use
    > > > this path for sfc command

    Dear Patti MacLeod

    i am facing a problem in windows 2000 and windows xp
    ..The problem is when i try to open excel file from network share which is
    shared on windows 2000 or windows xp pc , take too much time to open.
    i have Quickheal 7.03 antivirus
    please help me to solve the problem
    --
    Thanks and Regard
    Mayur.S

    --
    Thanks and Regard
    Mayur.S

    "Patti MacLeod" wrote:

    > You're welcome :-)
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Patti MacLeod
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >
    > "Mayur Sharma" <MayurSharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Dear thank you very much for solution you provided to resolve my problem
    > the
    > > information realy work and very easy to implement thank you again
    > > --
    > > Thanks and Regard
    > > Mayur.S
    > >

    > > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi Mayur Sharma,
    > > >
    > > > Open the registry editor and navigate to:
    > > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup
    > > > Locate and double-click on "SourcePath" in the right-hand pane. Change
    > the
    > > > Value Data field to reflect that path to the install folder on your hard
    > > > drive, then click on OK. Close the registry editor.
    > > >

    > > > Regards,
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Patti MacLeod
    > > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > > >
    > > > "Mayur Sharma" <Mayur Sharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > use

    Hi Mayur,

    You might want to post your question at this newsgroup:

    microsoft.public.excel.misc

    I very rarely use Excel, so my knowledge of this application and
    troubleshooting it is slim to none.

    Regards,

    --

    > Dear Patti MacLeod
    >
    > i am facing a problem in windows 2000 and windows xp
    > .The problem is when i try to open excel file from network share which is
    > shared on windows 2000 or windows xp pc , take too much time to open.
    > i have Quickheal 7.03 antivirus
    > please help me to solve the problem
    > --
    > Thanks and Regard
    > Mayur.S
    >
    > --
    > Thanks and Regard
    > Mayur.S
    >

    > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
    >
    > > You're welcome :-)
    > >

    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > --
    > > Patti MacLeod
    > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > >
    > > "Mayur Sharma" <MayurSharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Dear thank you very much for solution you provided to resolve my
    problem
    > > the
    > > > information realy work and very easy to implement thank you again
    > > > --
    > > > Thanks and Regard
    > > > Mayur.S

    Change
    > > the

    > > use

Command Prompt Microsoft CD-Rom Windows XP