cross game/server chat

Has anyone ever been able to do this. All i get is not online, which is
strange since i'll logged into eq2 and eq1.

according to the FAG it's eq.<server name>.<pc name> if you want to chat to
someone in eq1, for eq2 it's the same format but the prefix is eq2.

If you've had this working, let me know.

Thanks.
More about cross game server chat

    "Mark J. Handy" <mjhandy_@_rogers.DOtCOm> wrote in message
    > Has anyone ever been able to do this. All i get is not online, which is
    > strange since i'll logged into eq2 and eq1.
    >
    > according to the FAG it's eq.<server name>.<pc name> if you want to chat
    > someone in eq1, for eq2 it's the same format but the prefix is eq2.
    >
    > If you've had this working, let me know.
    >
    > Thanks.

    When sending tells from eq1 to eq2 the format is:

    When sending tells from eq2 to eq1 the format is:

    The difference is the [ and the /

    Lou

    Mark J. Handy wrote:
    > Has anyone ever been able to do this. All i get is not online, which
    > is strange since i'll logged into eq2 and eq1.
    >
    > according to the FAG it's eq.<server name>.<pc name> if you want to
    > chat to someone in eq1, for eq2 it's the same format but the prefix
    > is eq2.
    >
    > If you've had this working, let me know.

    For tells from eq1 to eq2, which is the only I have experience with, the
    command is [tell eq2.servername.character for example " [tell
    EQ2.Antonia_Bayle.Sinaiel Nice name! "

    --
    Sinaiel Soulmerchant
    Wraith of Misericordia

    "Lou Vincze" <biglou@ix.netcom.com> wrote in

    > "Mark J. Handy" <mjhandy_@_rogers.DOtCOm> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone ever been able to do this. All i get is not online, which
    >> is strange since i'll logged into eq2 and eq1.
    >>
    >> according to the FAG it's eq.<server name>.<pc name> if you want to
    >> chat to someone in eq1, for eq2 it's the same format but the prefix
    >> is eq2.
    >>
    >> If you've had this working, let me know.
    >
    > When sending tells from eq1 to eq2 the format is:
    >
    > When sending tells from eq2 to eq1 the format is:
    >
    > The difference is the [ and the /

    Furthermore, unless it's been fixed, you have to hit <Return> in EQ1
    first to get the cursor in the chat window, then type "[tell....", unlike
    when doing a tell to someone within EQ1 where you can just type
    "/tell..." without first getting the cursor in the chat window. Have not
    tried from eq2 yet.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 21 Dwarven Mystic, 20 Sage
    Aviv, 11 Gnome Brawler, 14 Craftsman

    Mark J. Handy schrieb:
    > Has anyone ever been able to do this. All i get is not online, which is
    > strange since i'll logged into eq2 and eq1.
    >
    > according to the FAG it's eq.<server name>.<pc name> if you want to chat to
    > someone in eq1, for eq2 it's the same format but the prefix is eq2.
    >
    > If you've had this working, let me know.
    >
    > Thanks.

    It works ... and you can also send tells to swg people :)

    On 2005-01-24, Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
    > Furthermore, unless it's been fixed, you have to hit <Return> in EQ1
    > first to get the cursor in the chat window, then type "[tell....", unlike
    > when doing a tell to someone within EQ1 where you can just type
    > "/tell..." without first getting the cursor in the chat window. Have not
    > tried from eq2 yet.

    Does anyone know how to join a cross server channel in EQ2? I have tried,
    and seem to join successfully (i.e. mistmoore.channel:password) but
    I am the only person in channel. If I /tell mistmoore.name they assure
    me others are in there. Annoyting!

    Matt

    Moopy <pingu@keg.zymurgy.org> wrote in

    > On 2005-01-24, Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
    >> Furthermore, unless it's been fixed, you have to hit <Return> in EQ1
    >> first to get the cursor in the chat window, then type "[tell....",
    >> unlike when doing a tell to someone within EQ1 where you can just
    >> type "/tell..." without first getting the cursor in the chat window.
    >> Have not tried from eq2 yet.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to join a cross server channel in EQ2? I have
    > tried, and seem to join successfully (i.e. mistmoore.channel:password)
    > but I am the only person in channel. If I /tell mistmoore.name they
    > assure me others are in there. Annoyting!

    Still does not work as far as I know.

    --
    On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

    On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
    Graeme, 21 Dwarven Mystic, 20 Sage
    Aviv, 11 Gnome Braeler, 14 Craftsman

    "Mark J. Handy" <mjhandy_@_rogers.DOtCOm> wrote in message
    > Has anyone ever been able to do this. All i get is not online, which is
    > strange since i'll logged into eq2 and eq1.
    >
    > according to the FAG it's eq.<server name>.<pc name> if you want to chat
    > someone in eq1, for eq2 it's the same format but the prefix is eq2.
    >
    > If you've had this working, let me know.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Which fag was that? Wasn't me. :P

    --
    Firian