Only an iSCSI Target can be accessed by an Initiator. So let's create one.
A Target can be found by its alias on the network, even if the iSCSI application has been moved to another subnet.
A Target can be as big as the entire storage space available in the desired pool. For our test, we selected a size of 100 GB.
Creating our test Target took less than a minute.
- Testing ISCSI-based Network Storage Solutions
- How ISCSI Works
- ISCSI In Practice
- Possible Applications
- Adaptec ISA 1500 Storage Array
- Adaptec ISA 1500 Storage Array, Continued
- Adaptec Storage Manager: The Need For A Pool
- Adaptec Storage Manager: Target-Configuration
- Adaptec Storage Manager: Target-Configuration, Continued
- Adaptec ASA-7211C
- ISCSI Configuration Manager
- DataCore SAnmelody: ISCSI Through Software
- Setting Up The Microsoft ISCSI Initiator
- Test Systems
- Benchmark Results
- Benchmark Results, Continued
- Conclusion: Golden Times Ahead For ISCSI
Ask a Category Expert