Get ready for a newer, fresher Firefox.
After a number of beta and release candidates, Mozilla has finally let loose the latest version of Firefox, bringing the free browser up to version 3.6.
For Firefox users, the latest version has one obvious reason to upgrade – speed. Mozilla says that its newest browser is more than 20 percent faster than Firefox 3.5.
Other new things in Firefox 3.6 include:
- Personas: Personalize the look of your Firefox by selecting new themes called Personas in a single click and without a restart
- Plugin Updater: To keep you safe from potential security vulnerabilities, Firefox will now detect out of date plugins
- Stability improvements: Firefox 3.6 significantly decreased crashes caused by third party software – all without sacrificing our extensibility in any way
- Form Complete: When filling out an online form, Firefox suggests information for fields based on your common answers in similar field
- Open Video and Audio: With the world’s best implementation of HTML 5 audio and video support, now video can be displayed full screen and supports poster frames
Check out this video for more: