How to fix Windows 10 Anniversary Update error code 0x80070057
By JamieKavanagh See all their Tutorials
I haven’t actually seen the Windows 10 Anniversary Update error code 0x80070057 for myself but I have spoken to people who have. It is one of those seemingly random errors with no obvious cause and no obvious solution. Fortunately, one of those I spoke to had a workaround. So if you need to fix the Windows 10 Anniversary Update error code 0x80070057, here is what you do.
It is a bit fiddly but it apparently works and has been approved on the Microsoft Support Site as a valid answer.
Fix the Windows 10 Anniversary Update error code 0x80070057
The symptoms of the error are a failed install. It will either stall on file download or install up to 2% and then fail. Here’s how to fix it.
1. Navigate to Settings, Update & security and Windows update.
2. Click ‘Learn more’ at the bottom of the pane. This should take you to the Microsoft website.
3. Click ‘Get the Anniversary Update now’. A download link should appear with the file ‘Windows10Upgrade28084.exe’.
4. Download the file while watching it and as soon as it hit 100%, turn off the internet either by unplugging your LAN cable or disabling your network card.
5. Install the update and it will likely freeze at 2% again. Wait around 30 seconds and then turn internet back on. The install should then proceed as normal.
Like I said, I haven’t seen this error myself but I have it on good authority that it works. Let me know below if it doesn’t work for you.
More Windows 10 fixes you might need one day:
How to fix Windows 10 Thread Stuck In Device Driver error
How to fix automatic startup repair loop in Windows 10
How to fix Windows 10 PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED error