How to change your account picture in Windows 10
By JamieKavanagh See all their Tutorials
Your account picture is a reflection of how you are represented in all of your Microsoft accounts. Regardless of whether you’re a home user or professional, you want that image to be a good one. Now Windows 10 is tightly linked to your Microsoft account, you get to see yourself now more than ever so it pays to get it right. If you want to change your account picture in Windows 10, here’s how.
When I installed Windows 10 on my machine, it somehow picked up a random picture from somewhere. It was an image I had never used before, so this was one of the first things I did after installing.
Change your account picture in Windows 10
Fortunately, it is simple to change your account picture.
1. Click on the Windows start icon.
2. Click on your account at the top of the window and select ‘Change account settings’.
3. Click Browse under Your picture and find an image you like.
4. Select it and see it reflected in the Accounts window.
Windows will, for some reason, remember the last three images you used. Handy if you changed your mind. If you don’t want the old images, delete them.
1. Type or paste ‘%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures’ into Windows Explorer.
2. Delete the images you no longer require.
3. Revisit the Account page to see all spare images have gone.
Change your account picture from your online Microsoft account
If you prefer, you can log onto your Microsoft account and change it there.
1. Visit your Microsoft account page.
2. Select Change picture on the first page you see.
3. Select and edit an image as you require and click Save.
More Windows 10 personalization tips:
How to Enable or Disable Built-in Elevated Administrator Account in Windows 10
How to uninstall and reinstall Windows 10 built-in apps
How to prevent users from installing software in Windows 10