How to hide or show notification area icons on taskbar in Windows 10
By JamieKavanagh See all their Tutorials
Depending on how you use your Windows 10 computer, notifications can be a real help or a real pain. Regardless of how you feel about them, tuning them to your personal way of working makes life just that little bit easier. So here’s how to hide or show notification area icons on taskbar in Windows 10.
Hide or show notification area icons on taskbar in Windows 10
There are a couple of ways to decide what you want to display in the notification area but this one is the easiest.
1. Right click on an empty space on the taskbar and select Properties.
2. Select Customize by where it says Notification area. This will take you to the Notification & actions screen.
3. Enable or disable apps under Notifications as you desire.
4. Also enable or disable apps under ‘Show notifications from these apps’.
5. Click on ‘Select which icons appear in the task bar’.
6. Enable or disable the icons as you see fit.
7. Back on the Notification & actions screen, select ‘Turn system icons on or off’.
8. Enable or disable as you see fit.
The behavior of icons in the notification area can seem a little erratic at times. You may turn off one icon only for it to appear a short time later. This can be down to either the app or Windows having undergone an update. Windows likes to reset a number of personalization options when it does an update. Icons in the notification area are prime among them.
Personalize Windows 10 even more with these:
How to turn USB notifications on or off in Windows 10
Removing the USB speed error notification in Windows 10
How to change icon spacing in Windows 10 desktop