Page 1:Can Low-Cost Coolers Compete?
Page 2:Xigmatek HDT S1283: Cool, Not Quiet
Page 3:Xigmatek XP S964: You Get What You Pay For
Page 4:Scythe's Mugen: A Fair Deal
Page 5:Verax Helado 2 PWM-T: Simply Too Expensive
Page 6:Zalman CNPS9700 LED: The Reference Cooler
Page 7:Coolink Silentator: Licensed by Noctua
Page 8:Tom's Hardware Performance Results
Page 9:Cooling Performance
Page 11:Weight and Fan Speed
Page 12:Conclusion: Xigmatek Snags the Recommended Buy Award
Zalman’s CNPS9700 has held the top spot in the air-cooling category of our cooler charts for the past 18 months now. This makes it a reference against which all new products tested in this comparison are measured. Since the Zalman isn’t exactly a bargain at a price of nearly $80, many buyers choose less expensive alternatives—often regretting their choice later. In the fourth part of our CPU Cooler Charts 2008, we take a look at six new coolers. We’ve also included Zalman’s new CNPS9700 LED to see if it can still keep up with the newer models.
We got a good deal of reader feedback asking us for our opinion on Xigmatek’s products, which can often be found at much lower prices than competing coolers. For this reason we decided to include the company’s two most popular models, the HDT-S1283 and the XP-S964, in our comparison.
Previous installments of this series :
- CPU Cooler Charts 2008, Part 1—Losing your Cool ?
- CPU Cooler Charts 2008, Part 2—Junk or Jewel ?
- CPU Cooler Charts 2008, Part 3—Are Box Coolers any Good ?
|3R System||Antazone||Arctic Cooling|
If you are interested in our test methodology and how we rate the products, feel free to read up on these points here :
- Can Low-Cost Coolers Compete?
- Xigmatek HDT S1283: Cool, Not Quiet
- Xigmatek XP S964: You Get What You Pay For
- Scythe's Mugen: A Fair Deal
- Verax Helado 2 PWM-T: Simply Too Expensive
- Zalman CNPS9700 LED: The Reference Cooler
- Coolink Silentator: Licensed by Noctua
- Tom's Hardware Performance Results
- Cooling Performance
- Weight and Fan Speed
- Conclusion: Xigmatek Snags the Recommended Buy Award