We’ve already seen that low-energy platforms are suitable to only very few games, yet VIA’s gaming claims made us add 3DMark to the suite.
Unfortunately, no integrated solution is fully capable of reaching a normal score in 3DMark’s default Performance setting, so we had to drop to its Entry preset to achieve consistent results. The ION 2 edges out the Nano DC in spite of its general mediocrity.
A slightly more powerful CPU gives the Nano DC a small lead in PCMark.
Sandra’s CPU tests give us a more accurate representation of the Nano DC’s low-energy performance superiority.
Only the desktop-based platform is dual-channel capable, yet a closer look reveals that all three low-energy platforms had trouble using the bandwidth available via single-channel mode.
- A New Player In The Desktop Game?
- VIA’s Preview Platform
- Competing Platforms
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Media Playback And Performance Scaling
- Energy And Efficiency