Liquid cooling, even though far more efficient than just air cooling, is often a hassle. Outfitting a video card with liquid cooling is usually a more intensive ordeal than working with the CPU – which is where BFG comes in with its announcement of pre-built, liquid cooled Nvidia GPUs.
BFG will be rolling out the GeForce GTX 285 H2O+ and GeForce GTX 295 H2OC graphics cards with "ThermoIntelligence Advanced Cooling Solutions," a fully assembled, self-contained liquid cooling solution right out of the box designed by CoolIT.
The cooling systems on the GTX 285 H2O+ and GTX 295 H2OC are designed to be maintenance-free, never need refilling and easily install into most systems. Users will be able to choose from three different system speed settings to control acoustics and performance—Auto, Quiet, and Maximum.
"We’re very excited to be the first company to bring this type of professional grade advanced cooling solution to PC enthusiasts," said John Malley, senior director of marketing for BFG Technologies. "The BFG ThermoIntelligence Advanced Cooling Solutions provide customers a way to get all of the benefits of liquid cooling their graphics cards right out of the box, without having to install a separate liquid cooling system that requires assembly, filling, and challenging maintenance from time to time."
The clock speeds of each card is as follows:
BFG GeForce GTX 295 H2OC
- Memory: 1792MB (1.8GB) GDDR3
- Core Clock: 675MHz (vs. 576MHz standard)
- Shader Clock: 1458MHz (vs. 1242MHz standard)
- Memory Data Rate: 2214MHz (vs. 1998MHz standard)
- Processor Cores: 480 (combined)
BFG GeForce GTX 285 H2O+
- Memory: 1024MB (1GB) GDDR3
- Core Clock: 691MHz (vs. 648MHz standard)
- Shader Clock: 1566MHz (vs. 1476MHz standard)
- Memory Data Rate: 2592MHz (vs. 2484MHz standard)
- Processor Cores: 240