Solved

Graphics card dying?

Hi, I am an h1z1 streamer and player. I usually play and stream with around 100 fps with an i5-6500 and a gtx 1060 sc 6gb. Out of nowwhere the otherday, i realized i was getting 30-60 fps when playing and not even streaming. Is my graphics card dying? Do i need to get a new cpu? what should i do?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics card dying
  1. Doubt your card is dying. I've never played the game, but I've seen people with this same type of question about it. If no one has a solution here, I bet you can just google it and look around. All you can check your graphics card and cpu to see if they are running at 100%.
  2. Best answer
    H1Z1 has terrible optimization. Other factors may include viruses using CPU and GPU.

    Run a virus scan with your software of choice, then try again.

    I've noticed that the longer I play Arma 3 (the longer the game is running) my frame rate can drop. I'm used to getting 70-80FPS at 4K and on some maps if I'm playing for 4 hours at a time it can and will drop to the 20s.
  3. EquineHero said:
    H1Z1 has terrible optimization. Other factors may include viruses using CPU and GPU.

    Run a virus scan with your software of choice, then try again.

    I've noticed that the longer I play Arma 3 (the longer the game is running) my frame rate can drop. I'm used to getting 70-80FPS at 4K and on some maps if I'm playing for 4 hours at a time it can and will drop to the 20s.


    I did a windows defender full scan and i have no viruses. Its just that an i5-6500 with a gtx 1060 sc 6 gb should not be 30 fps when i usually get 100
  4. parthjuthani8 said:
    EquineHero said:
    H1Z1 has terrible optimization. Other factors may include viruses using CPU and GPU.

    Run a virus scan with your software of choice, then try again.

    I've noticed that the longer I play Arma 3 (the longer the game is running) my frame rate can drop. I'm used to getting 70-80FPS at 4K and on some maps if I'm playing for 4 hours at a time it can and will drop to the 20s.


    I did a windows defender full scan and i have no viruses. Its just that an i5-6500 with a gtx 1060 sc 6 gb should not be 30 fps when i usually get 100


    Install Windows and fresh drivers to a spare HDD or something. A PNY CS900 120GB SSD is only 25 bucks.
  5. EquineHero said:
    parthjuthani8 said:
    EquineHero said:
    H1Z1 has terrible optimization. Other factors may include viruses using CPU and GPU.

    Run a virus scan with your software of choice, then try again.

    I've noticed that the longer I play Arma 3 (the longer the game is running) my frame rate can drop. I'm used to getting 70-80FPS at 4K and on some maps if I'm playing for 4 hours at a time it can and will drop to the 20s.


    I did a windows defender full scan and i have no viruses. Its just that an i5-6500 with a gtx 1060 sc 6 gb should not be 30 fps when i usually get 100


    Install Windows and fresh drivers to a spare HDD or something. A PNY CS900 120GB SSD is only 25 bucks.


    i don't have a virus tho
  6. parthjuthani8 said:
    EquineHero said:
    parthjuthani8 said:
    EquineHero said:
    H1Z1 has terrible optimization. Other factors may include viruses using CPU and GPU.

    Run a virus scan with your software of choice, then try again.

    I've noticed that the longer I play Arma 3 (the longer the game is running) my frame rate can drop. I'm used to getting 70-80FPS at 4K and on some maps if I'm playing for 4 hours at a time it can and will drop to the 20s.


    I did a windows defender full scan and i have no viruses. Its just that an i5-6500 with a gtx 1060 sc 6 gb should not be 30 fps when i usually get 100


    Install Windows and fresh drivers to a spare HDD or something. A PNY CS900 120GB SSD is only 25 bucks.


    i don't have a virus tho


    Some times Windows will interfere, stuff like Windows Defender mucking things up, using CPU power randomly, or just a rogue Windows process doing its own thing.

    Windows defender is also complete and utter filthy trash for virus detection. Use Malwarebytes Free or Hitman Pro.

    But I don't think your 1060 is dying. Pascal is nearly invincible.
  7. nvidia just dropped a new set of drivers for few new games that are dropping this week. the drivers may be the issue. try using ddu in safe mode and older set of nvidia driver to see if it the driver.
  8. smorizio said:
    nvidia just dropped a new set of drivers for few new games that are dropping this week. the drivers may be the issue. try using ddu in safe mode and older set of nvidia driver to see if it the driver.


    Is it the 398.82 drivers? already downloaded those
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards FPS