Solved

Pc freeze/deadlocks when playing games

What the title says whenever i'm playing a game for about 2-3 minutes my pc freezes/deadlocks and shuts it self down and reboots.
Specs:
GTX 1080
i74820k not overclocked
16gb ram 1600mhz
800 watt pcu
My temps are good. cpu not going above 55c and gpu staying around 70c
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about freeze deadlocks playing games
  1. What is your PSU? Are all connections inside the tower secured?
  2. PuperHacker said:
    What is your PSU? Are all connections inside the tower secured?


    that's the problem i don't know what my psu is. It's an alienware prebuilt. Yes i know stupid of me to buy alienware and i regret it every day. For as far as i can tell everything is conected good and secure. My freezing just started yesterday tho, never had a problem like that before.
  3. Best answer
    Rayaxar said:
    PuperHacker said:
    What is your PSU? Are all connections inside the tower secured?


    that's the problem i don't know what my psu is. It's an alienware prebuilt. Yes i know stupid of me to buy alienware and i regret it every day. For as far as i can tell everything is conected good and secure. My freezing just started yesterday tho, never had a problem like that before.

    Did you happen to update like a week ago? If yes, check this guide: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-3696622/screen-freezes-sound-buzzing-fix-kernel-error.html
  4. PuperHacker said:
    Rayaxar said:
    PuperHacker said:
    What is your PSU? Are all connections inside the tower secured?


    that's the problem i don't know what my psu is. It's an alienware prebuilt. Yes i know stupid of me to buy alienware and i regret it every day. For as far as i can tell everything is conected good and secure. My freezing just started yesterday tho, never had a problem like that before.

    Did you happen to update like a week ago? If yes, check this guide: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-3696622/screen-freezes-sound-buzzing-fix-kernel-error.html


    Yes i did the update the day before my pc started freezing. Thanks for the link i will try it.
  5. OK, report back when you have tried all the steps. I think it is a software error in windows 10.
  6. PuperHacker said:
    OK, report back when you have tried all the steps. I think it is a software error in windows 10.


    I'm hoping it's fixed. Booted up a game and no freezing. So i guess it's fixed, Thanks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Games