Solved

No beeping no posting cpu ez debug light remains on after all components have been removed

Am having a problem ryzen 3 1300x msi b350 pro carbon 8 gig adata xpg imexx 500 psu..everything was working excellent for the pas 2 weeks..then i get a no signal ..i check the mobo i saw the ez debug cpu light on i tried clearing the cmos by removing the battery and using jumper pins still nothing after i remove all the components ram gpu cpu..the light still remains on and i dont hear no beeping at all
21 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about beeping posting cpu debug light remains components removed
  1. what is the debug light?
    CPU? RAM? GPU or HDD?

    *edit :
    okay, clearly I didn't read the CPU part,

    did you do something that requires removing the CPU in those 2 weeks?
  2. gigantusmagnus said:
    what is the debug light?
    CPU? RAM? GPU or HDD?

    *edit :
    okay, clearly I didn't read the CPU part,

    did you do something that requires removing the CPU in those 2 weeks?
  3. No was playing a game and then no signal appear on the monitor..change hdmi...but ez debug cpu light remain on and no beeping even when all the components have benn removed..etc cpu,gpu,ram and hdd ..no beeping no post cpu ez debug light remain on
  4. this is just wild suggestion,
    I don't think but check if the CPU has bent pins (probs not if the CPU is intact the whole time)

    have you try reseat the 8pin and 24pin?
  5. gigantusmagnus said:
    this is just wild suggestion,
    I don't think but check if the CPU has bent pins (probs not if the CPU is intact the whole time)

    have you try reseat the 8pin and 24pin?
  6. i have seen this error before. you lost a leg on the eps power cable of your power supply. when it went south you lost power to the pci slots and cpu chip. that why the cpu fault led is on. try a test power supply see if the system posts.
  7. gigantusmagnus said:
    this is just wild suggestion,
    I don't think but check if the CPU has bent pins (probs not if the CPU is intact the whole time)

    have you try reseat the 8pin and 24pin?
  8. Yup tried everything i can think of and i cant rma the board...shipping cost more than the product am all the way in jamacia and i bought it on amazon so y3ah am at a total lost
  9. smorizio said:
    i have seen this error before. you lost a leg on the eps power cable of your power supply. when it went south you lost power to the pci slots and cpu chip. that why the cpu fault led is on. try a test power supply see if the system posts.
  10. Smorizio will do..but i test all of the 8 pins of the eps last night they seem to alive and kicking but will try a get a different psu later on in the day
  11. smorizio said:
    i have seen this error before. you lost a leg on the eps power cable of your power supply. when it went south you lost power to the pci slots and cpu chip. that why the cpu fault led is on. try a test power supply see if the system posts.
  12. smorizio said:
    i have seen this error before. you lost a leg on the eps power cable of your power supply. when it went south you lost power to the pci slots and cpu chip. that why the cpu fault led is on. try a test power supply see if the system posts.
  13. I av tried a diferent psu whats weired though wen the cpu is installed i cant hold down the power button to turn it off i av to switch off the psu..when it is not installed i can hold down the power button to switch it off
  14. the bios may have shut down do to a dead short may have to clear it.
  15. smorizio said:
    the bios may have shut down do to a dead short may have to clear it.
  16. I av tried clearing the bios by removing the battery for abt 6 hours i av used jumper pin also ..is there another way to clear it..smorizio
  17. Best answer
    no...check that the mb has the newest bios to see if it a bios bug. if the bios is fine see if amd has a cpu test like intel does to check that the cpu is fine. the old power supply may have killed the mb or cpu when it failed.
  18. smorizio said:
    no...check that the mb has the newest bios to see if it a bios bug. if the bios is fine see if amd has a cpu test like intel does to check that the cpu is fine. the old power supply may have killed the mb or cpu when it failed.
  19. Ok thanks
  20. okay, i havent been on TH for days,
    and just now, I randomly reseating my RAM to fix Hardware Reserved Memory takes up half my mems (8gb) and voila, fail POST with CPU Light ON (which reminds me of this post)

    after 2hours of trials, I managed to get back my POST and fixes hardware reserved mems too by reseating again my RAM sticks (I don't remember in what order) (it took 2 hours since my power button (its cable) is somewhat not working properly so turn on and off took some time)

    **
    just telling
  21. gigantusmagnus said:
    okay, i havent been on TH for days,
    and just now, I randomly reseating my RAM to fix Hardware Reserved Memory takes up half my mems (8gb) and voila, fail POST with CPU Light ON (which reminds me of this post)

    after 2hours of trials, I managed to get back my POST and fixes hardware reserved mems too by reseating again my RAM sticks (I don't remember in what order) (it took 2 hours since my power button (its cable) is somewhat not working properly so turn on and off took some time)

    **
    just telling
Ask a new question