Solved

Issues when playing games

Hey.
Recently I've been having problems when playing games. Specifically when playing League of Legends, I notice that whenever i move my mouse my game starts to lag extremely much (i get low fps).

The issue first started after i changed my resolution in CS:GO. My CSGO would start to lag alot, and I had to restart my PC to get normal FPS. I later then swapped to League, which was the first time i experienced this lag.

I did some testing and found out that it starts to lag whenever i move my mouse as i said earlier (in league, haven't tested in csgo since I havent played that since I got this issue).

If I start a game of league I have to restart my PC completely in the middle of the game to fix the lag.

Anyone have any tips on what I should do? Sorry if this is under the wrong category, but I suspect it has something to do with the GPU.

Tried to make a little GIF to show you more whats happening:
https://gyazo.com/7ea5ba0f48696ad414f758c0cd73bbcc
In the beginning you can see my mouse is not moving and my fps is fine, once i move everything just freezes and lags

I have also tried to update my GPU driver from GeForce Experience.

Specs:
GPU: Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming Windforce.
CPU: i7-4790 - 3.60GHz
16GB ram HyperX

Any help is appreciated!
15 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about issues playing games
  1. Is it high ping (internet) or is it coming from your system?
  2. EpIckFa1LJoN said:
    Is it high ping (internet) or is it coming from your system?


    ping is fine, fps is the problem
  3. How's CPU usage when you're in-game?
  4. EpIckFa1LJoN said:
    How's CPU usage when you're in-game?


    its between 40% and 60%
  5. Okay so something is wrong there. LoL pretty much uses one thread, so if your CPU usage is that high (on a 4c/8t CPU) something is wrong.

    Check per-core CPU usage in both games.

    While you're at it I would check CPU-z to see what your clock speeds are, RAM speeds are, and check another monitoring software (preferably HWMonitor) to see what temps are while you are gaming.
  6. EpIckFa1LJoN said:
    Okay so something is wrong there. LoL pretty much uses one thread, so if your CPU usage is that high (on a 4c/8t CPU) something is wrong.

    Check per-core CPU usage in both games.

    While you're at it I would check CPU-z to see what your clock speeds are, RAM speeds are, and check another monitoring software (preferably HWMonitor) to see what temps are while you are gaming.


    How do I check per core CPU usage and CPU-z? ?

    dunno if relevant but when I am not doing anything on my PC (just having chrome and discord and some other apps open cpu usage is like 20-30%
  7. That's pretty high. What programs are using that much of the CPU?

    You may have some kind of virus or malware.
    I'd do a scan and make sure of that before you do anything.

    To check those other things you should download CPU-z and HWMonitor.

    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
  8. EpIckFa1LJoN said:
    That's pretty high. What programs are using that much of the CPU?

    You may have some kind of virus or malware.
    I'd do a scan and make sure of that before you do anything.

    To check those other things you should download CPU-z and HWMonitor.

    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html


    Overwolf takes like anything from 10% to 22% apparently, league takes aoround 5%. Those are the main programs taking CPU usage. Overwolf seems to be taking hella much cpu usage
  9. Best answer
    Overwolf is pretty bad in that way. Have you tried running with it off and see if that helps?
  10. EpIckFa1LJoN said:
    Overwolf is pretty bad in that way. Have you tried running with it off and see if that helps?


    huh, its actually working now. Seems like overwolf is bugged, prob gonna uninstall that.

    Fps is fine now and moving my mouse doesnt make it lag!
  11. Nice!

    Yeah overwolf is a hog. I wish it wasn't it looks pretty cool.

    Glad you figured it out, though.
  12. EpIckFa1LJoN said:
    Nice!

    Yeah overwolf is a hog. I wish it wasn't it looks pretty cool.

    Glad you figured it out, though.


    Thanks alot man! Saved me alot of frustration!
  13. NP. Have fun!
  14. Zedshi said:
    EpIckFa1LJoN said:
    Overwolf is pretty bad in that way. Have you tried running with it off and see if that helps?


    huh, its actually working now. Seems like overwolf is bugged, prob gonna uninstall that.

    Fps is fine now and moving my mouse doesnt make it lag!
  15. Hey there,

    My name is Or I'm the head of tech support
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Lag CPUs csgo Games FPS GPUs fps drop Graphics Cards league of legends